ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Mark Levinson Audio?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-13, 07:06 AM
amphipri0n
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LisaES350
Just had the new amp installed and it is so much better! The bass sounds like what I expected from the upgraded ML system.
Glad to hear that Lisa. Can you share as much info as you are willing to about your dealer here in Ca, as well as the part? Mine claimed that I already had the latest version installed even though it hadn't been developed at the time I bought the car last November. (ah, dealers...)
Old 12-28-13, 08:36 AM
LisaES350
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by amphipri0n
Glad to hear that Lisa. Can you share as much info as you are willing to about your dealer here in Ca, as well as the part? Mine claimed that I already had the latest version installed even though it hadn't been developed at the time I bought the car last November. (ah, dealers...)
I heard lots of excuses as to why my bass was bottoming out. I was on my 3rd replaced subwoofer and it was not fixing the problem. Had it not been for this board, I would have never known what to do.

It was Lexus of Cerritos that replaced the part. They are near the LA/OC border in SoCal. It took some red tape to get through. If you on are not happy with the ML, you need to call lexus corporate and open a case. They will then be able to approve ordering the replacement amp (talked about a month to arrive). I did not get a part number on my paperwork. I should probably follow up with the dealer and get it.
Old 12-28-13, 12:52 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 174 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by amphipri0n
Idlefree posted this information on this thread back in September, I gave this to my dealer here in GA and without question he ordered the amp and that was all it took to fix the sup-woofer issue.

"On my invoice the identification of the New amp is as follows
SOP NEW Updated AMP with white stamp 86280-0WA70/1 - Exchange unit thru United Radio
Hope this helps everyone looking for the new amp, "
Old 12-30-13, 12:30 PM
DirkDirk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I referred them to part number and to this thread, but my dealer (Keyes Lexus, Van Nuys, CA) would not consider new amp because they could not hear any deficiencies with current ML unit.
Old 12-30-13, 03:21 PM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkDirk
I referred them to part number and to this thread, but my dealer (Keyes Lexus, Van Nuys, CA) would not consider new amp because they could not hear any deficiencies with current ML unit.
Don't waste your time call Lexus head office, that the dealer is refusing to change the Amp. That dealer is being a D--k. Just give Lexus head office the part # i provided a few months ago and explain the issue, thrust me Lexus head office is well aware of this concern.
Old 12-30-13, 07:54 PM
brittmayo
Driver

Does anyone know whether the 2014s come with the new amp, or is this still an issue for them?

Thanks.
Old 12-30-13, 10:49 PM
LisaES350
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by DirkDirk
You need to call Lexus corporate and open a case with them. You may want to find another dealer to work with corporate and do the replacement with if there is another one nearby. Be sure to have a song ready to play so they can hear the issue.
Old 12-31-13, 11:16 AM
Idlefree
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by brittmayo
Does anyone know whether the 2014s come with the new amp, or is this still an issue for them?

Thanks.
Same issue on 2014, I've had two friend buy the 2014 and had the amp replaced to the new amp.
Hope this helps
Old 01-01-14, 05:48 PM
b33troot
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by winsalem
By the way, the name is "Mark Levinson". Trivia: He is a former husband of actress Kim Cattrall.
And apparently they co-authored a book called "Satisfaction - The Art of the Female Orgasm"

Amazon.com: Satisfaction: The Art of the Female Orgasm eBook: Kim Cattrall, Mark Levinson: Kindle Store Amazon.com: Satisfaction: The Art of the Female Orgasm eBook: Kim Cattrall, Mark Levinson: Kindle Store
Old 01-19-14, 11:44 AM
mackbuck12
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ElliotB
I recently had my other Lexus in for service and received a ES350 with the premium sound (standard) audio system as the loaner. It really made me appreciate the ML much, much more!

Although I am not happy with the distortion, I have been able to 'control' it through use of the audio controls and get some very decent sound out of it.

Arty101, in fairness, it is not a $3700 option but part of one, and I do agree with you - the system should have been significantly better.

I thought that the ML was 3700. I remember distinctly rejecting it in the dealership because it was 2 much.
Old 02-10-14, 02:34 PM
brittmayo
Driver

Originally Posted by Idlefree
Same issue on 2014, I've had two friend buy the 2014 and had the amp replaced to the new amp.
Hope this helps
My 2014 model just arrived at the dealership, and it appears to have the new amp already. It looks like Lexus may have switched over to it as of some particular production date.
Attached Thumbnails Mark Levinson Audio?-photo.jpg  
Old 02-15-14, 06:18 AM
Formula271
Rookie

Originally Posted by brittmayo
My 2014 model just arrived at the dealership, and it appears to have the new amp already. It looks like Lexus may have switched over to it as of some particular production date.
How can you tell? Do you know the part number of the previous amp?

Thanks
Old 02-15-14, 06:32 AM
dmanpizza
Driver School Candidate

Where is the amp located?
Old 04-07-14, 12:28 AM
ColRonson
Driver School Candidate

Hey guys im on lexus.com trying to build a 2014 ES300h and when i go to select packages, Mark Levinson is not showing up. I notice that different packages are available depending on which zip code you enter, but i have yet to find a zip code that offers me the Mark Levinson package. Any ideas whats going on?

if i build a 2013 model, it lets me select one though.

For Reference, i've been using the zip code 85295. It only provides me with two options. Radar Cruise Control is also lacking. If i enter 16509 i get a lot more options, including radar cruise control and hard drive navigation, but still no Mark Levinson.

Last edited by ColRonson; 04-07-14 at 12:31 AM.
Old 04-07-14, 06:11 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 614 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by ColRonson
Hey guys im on lexus.com trying to build a 2014 ES300h and when i go to select packages, Mark Levinson is not showing up. I notice that different packages are available depending on which zip code you enter, but i have yet to find a zip code that offers me the Mark Levinson package. Any ideas whats going on?

if i build a 2013 model, it lets me select one though.

For Reference, i've been using the zip code 85295. It only provides me with two options. Radar Cruise Control is also lacking. If i enter 16509 i get a lot more options, including radar cruise control and hard drive navigation, but still no Mark Levinson.
Yeah, I don't see any inventory in your area with the ML on a 300h. They show stock of the 350 with it, though. You may want to contact your dealer to see if they can trade out of your area, or do a custom order at the dealer. The web interface is a joke.

Quick Reply: Mark Levinson Audio?