ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Ultra Luxury Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-12, 02:18 PM
Slogan2012
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ultra Luxury Question

If anyone has a picture of the window sticker of an ES with UL that would be great!

From what I understand from the Lexus.com website, Ultra Luxury includes: heated and cooled leather seats, power truck lid, power rear sunshade and manual side rear sunshades, HID headlights, wood and leather wrapped HEATED steering wheel and shift ****, Park assist, Rain-sensing wipers and deicer.

That's why the UL package ALONE is over $2500 (not including Navigation & Mark Levinson). So do some dealers charge AGAIN for HID headlights, power truck, power sunshade, park assist???

That's charging twice for the same thing.
Old 08-10-12, 02:43 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

According to Edmunds.com

ES300 Ultra Luxury Package

Genuine bamboo wood trim; Wood trimmed shift ****, Memory function for driver's seat, steering wheel and exterior mirrors, Climate control seats, HID headlamp, Leather trimmed interior, Park Assist front and rear parking sensors, Power rear sunshade; Ambient lighting; Driver seat cushion extender; Power tilt/telescopic and heated wood steering wheel; Manual rear door sunshades; One-touch power trunk; Passenger seat memory; Rain sensing wipers with de-icer
List $2435 Invoice $2239

ES350 Ultra Luxury Package

Genuine wood trim including shift ****, Memory function for driver's seat, steering wheel and exterior mirrors, Climate control seats, HID headlamp, Leather trimmed interior, Park Assist front and rear parking sensors, Power rear sunshade; Ambient lighting; Driver seat cushion extender; Power tilt/telescopic and heated wood steering wheel; Manual rear door sunshades; One-touch power trunk; Passenger seat memory; Rain sensing wipers with de-icer; Panoramic roof

list $2935 Invoice $2699

Why no pano roof on the hybrid?
Weight?

No charge for options twice.
The sticker will only have options you pay for once.

Last edited by Joeb427; 08-10-12 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-10-12, 05:41 PM
gfr1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Slogan2012
If anyone has a picture of the window sticker of an ES with UL that would be great!

From what I understand from the Lexus.com website, Ultra Luxury includes: heated and cooled leather seats, power truck lid, power rear sunshade and manual side rear sunshades, HID headlights, wood and leather wrapped HEATED steering wheel and shift ****, Park assist, Rain-sensing wipers and deicer.

That's why the UL package ALONE is over $2500 (not including Navigation & Mark Levinson). So do some dealers charge AGAIN for HID headlights, power truck, power sunshade, park assist???

That's charging twice for the same thing.
First, this isn't a "dealer's" thing. It is the way Lexus has decided to package/price their options. I find it misleading and confusing, but if you understand how it works, you'll understand what you need to order & pay for. The Ultra Luxury Package, of course, includes the items in the Premium & Luxury Packages, unless it supercedes an item with an upgrade. But, even though the packages lists mention items, such as: HID Headlamps, Park Assist, Heated wood steering wheel & Navigation System, those as listed in the "2013 ES/ESh Product information" have a "(required)" behind them.

(Below, is for the ESh, for instance, if you haven't seen it.) There is one for the "ES", but I ordered the "ESh".

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...duct+specs.htm

That "(required)" term indicates that you have to go the the previous page, under "Factory Options" and Order and pay for those items desired. So, in the case of the HID headlamps (HD), you have to order the "HD" code and pay for them, at a cost of $515.00. So, in effect, the Package Prices listed don't pay for a Ultra Luxury Package, because you have to order a component required by that package, on top of the stated Package price. So, if a Package says "required" with an item, go to another page and see what you need to order and pay for. Also, there's an Accessory Package of $242.00 that is installed at the Port, I understand is required (Trunk Mat, Cargo Net & Wheel Locks). That will be on your bottom line, too.
Old 08-12-12, 04:38 PM
robagt
Driver School Candidate

Default 2013 ES350 options availability

Drove the 2013 ES350 and 300h. I decided on getting the ES350 because for my purposes the 300h trunk space is totally too small and I was not trilled by the noise of the 4 cylinder Atkinson engine.
The NJ dealer showed me which options are available and the list did not include the Pre- Collision System and the Lane Departure Alert, two terrific features.

Has anyone seen a 2013 ES350 with these features? ( the 300h did have the lane departure Alert).
Old 08-12-12, 04:49 PM
robagt
Driver School Candidate

Default Ultra Luxury package

Originally Posted by gfr1
First, this isn't a "dealer's" thing. It is the way Lexus has decided to package/price their options. I find it misleading and confusing, but if you understand how it works, you'll understand what you need to order & pay for. The Ultra Luxury Package, of course, includes the items in the Premium & Luxury Packages, unless it supercedes an item with an upgrade. But, even though the packages lists mention items, such as: HID Headlamps, Park Assist, Heated wood steering wheel & Navigation System, those as listed in the "2013 ES/ESh Product information" have a "(required)" behind them.

(Below, is for the ESh, for instance, if you haven't seen it.) There is one for the "ES", but I ordered the "ESh".

http://pressroom.toyota.com/releases...duct+specs.htm

That "(required)" term indicates that you have to go the the previous page, under "Factory Options" and Order and pay for those items desired. So, in the case of the HID headlamps (HD), you have to order the "HD" code and pay for them, at a cost of $515.00. So, in effect, the Package Prices listed don't pay for a Ultra Luxury Package, because you have to order a component required by that package, on top of the stated Package price. So, if a Package says "required" with an item, go to another page and see what you need to order and pay for. Also, there's an Accessory Package of $242.00 that is installed at the Port, I understand is required (Trunk Mat, Cargo Net & Wheel Locks). That will be on your bottom line, too.
I am quoting this from the "official" document given to me by a NJ dealer
"Ultra Luxury Pkg: Perforated Semi-Aniline Leather Trim
Interior, Front Passenger Seat Memory, Panoramic Glass
Roof, Heated & Ventilated Front Seats, Power Rear &
Manual Door Sunshades, Driver' Seat Power Cushion
Extender, dark Bird's-Eye Maple Wood Trim with Ambient
Lighting, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel"

The HID headlights are not in this package.
Old 08-12-12, 05:41 PM
gfr1
Rookie

Originally Posted by robagt
I am quoting this from the "official" document given to me by a NJ dealer
"Ultra Luxury Pkg: Perforated Semi-Aniline Leather Trim
Interior, Front Passenger Seat Memory, Panoramic Glass
Roof, Heated & Ventilated Front Seats, Power Rear &
Manual Door Sunshades, Driver' Seat Power Cushion
Extender, dark Bird's-Eye Maple Wood Trim with Ambient
Lighting, Power tilt-and-telescopic steering wheel"

The HID headlights are not in this package.
Well, he didn't lie, but it might be misleading, or, he might have a different document that doesn't list the "required" items and then goes to a order list, separate from the Option Packages, for what might be otherwise required. I make my statement based on Lexus literature that is in your quote from me. If you read the instructions on how to use this document, it says that each package upgrade list includes the listed items from the lower grade package. Well, here's the list, (eliminating the bottom "Premium" list (for this purpose):

 Luxury Package
 Premium Package contents
 Climate control seats
 HID headlamp (required)
 Leather trimmed interior
 Park Assist (required)
 Power rear sunshade
 Requires Display Audio or Navigation
 Ultra Luxury Package
 Luxury Package contents
 Ambient lighting
 Driver’s seat cushion extender
 Heated wood steering wheel (required)
 Manual door sunshades
 One touch power trunk
 Passenger seat memory
 Rain sensing wipers with de-icer
 Requires Navigation or Navigation with Mark Levinson

Do you see "HID headlamps (required)"? I ordered this package in June, after this 05/31/12 information sheet came out. But, if your dealer order doesn't order the "required" item as specified, you probably won't get it, as is my experience. There could be more than one guide (or a newer one) for the dealers to use to order from, I'm guessing. My order was long before the prices were posted, but the dealer says that the reference used by me (& him) is a proper one. There is one other thing that can enter in. There are "Standard Orders" & "Special Orders", as I was informed by the Sales Manager. For the ESh I ordered, there are only two "Special Order" items. One, being the Radar Cruise Control & the other, I don't recall, but I'm guessing it might be Lane Departure Alert. Other than Special Orders, as I understand it, they are considered routine (Standard). And, I think this might vary as per Region or Zone. You'll also note that the Panoramic Glsss Roof isn't part of the ESh option. You seem to be quoting from the ES model.

Last edited by gfr1; 08-12-12 at 05:52 PM.
Old 08-13-12, 05:13 AM
robagt
Driver School Candidate

Default Ultra Luxury package

Youare correct, I did quote from the ES350 ordering sheet. However, it did not list any "required" items that must be ordered separately so i am wundering what kind of a document do the dealers have that lists the additional options that must be ordered.
Old 08-14-12, 05:40 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

how come when I was building an ES on the website when I chose the ultra luxury package it would only let me choose Navi or ML, not Navi with ML.
Old 08-14-12, 07:05 AM
robagt
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by robagt
Youare correct, I did quote from the ES350 ordering sheet. However, it did not list any "required" items that must be ordered separately so i am wundering what kind of a document do the dealers have that lists the additional options that must be ordered.
Mark-Levinson is packaged with Navigation so you do not need to separately order navigation, it would be redundant.
Old 08-27-12, 03:35 PM
Slogan2012
Driver School Candidate

I went to see an 2013 ES 350 Ultra luxury in person over the weekend - and it doesn't make sense. It really seems like they're double dipping and charging for features twice.

From the brochure and on the PR detailed specifications on what each option package includes, the ultra luxury package INCLUDES such things as: Park assist, Rain sensing wipers, HID headlights, semi analin heated and ventilated seats, power trunk lid, power rear sunshade, manual rear door sunshades, wood & leather heated steering wheel and shift ****, and panoramic roof. All these in one package for well over $2900.

And yet from the sticker, they're charging additionally for power trunk, HID lights, park assist, heated leather and wood steering wheel and shift ****, and rain sensing wipers.

If those are not included (even though it says they are) but REQUIRED, then what exactly does the Ultra luxury package of features give you for over $2900???

The ultra luxury package does not include but REQUIRES the additional navigation system AND mark levinson sound system for over $3000. - that everyone can see and agree on.

But this is double charging for features. This didn't happen on the previous generation ES ultra luxury package that included basic luxury features!
Old 08-27-12, 04:34 PM
Mom2Jake
Driver School Candidate

I have some spec sheets (UL/Levinson) but don't know how to attach them.
Old 08-27-12, 05:00 PM
Slogan2012
Driver School Candidate

You can use a free upload service like MediaFire, etc...

What is this detailed spec sheet? Is it from Lexus/Toyota? That is what I reviewed initially before going to the dealership and realizing that the PR spec sheet includes features in the package but are also double charged on the sticker.
Old 08-27-12, 05:52 PM
Mom2Jake
Driver School Candidate

It is specific to the VIN # of the vehicle but has a disclaimer in the footer saying it does not replace the window sticker. I will take a snap of the sticker when I get out to that dealer. I will have to make sure I am not getting double charged as I am getting ready to purchase, thanks for the thread. All the info here has been awesome.
Old 08-27-12, 06:02 PM
gfr1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Slogan2012
I went to see an 2013 ES 350 Ultra luxury in person over the weekend - and it doesn't make sense. It really seems like they're double dipping and charging for features twice.

From the brochure and on the PR detailed specifications on what each option package includes, the ultra luxury package INCLUDES such things as: Park assist, Rain sensing wipers, HID headlights, semi analin heated and ventilated seats, power trunk lid, power rear sunshade, manual rear door sunshades, wood & leather heated steering wheel and shift ****, and panoramic roof. All these in one package for well over $2900.

And yet from the sticker, they're charging additionally for power trunk, HID lights, park assist, heated leather and wood steering wheel and shift ****, and rain sensing wipers.

If those are not included (even though it says they are) but REQUIRED, then what exactly does the Ultra luxury package of features give you for over $2900???

The ultra luxury package does not include but REQUIRES the additional navigation system AND mark levinson sound system for over $3000. - that everyone can see and agree on.

But this is double charging for features. This didn't happen on the previous generation ES ultra luxury package that included basic luxury features!
They are not double-dipping. The UL Package price doesn't include the "Required" items. You order and pay for the Required items separately. Another point, it turns out, is that if the dealer sales person doesn't order the "Required" item, it might not get installed. In my case, I ordered a ESh back in June, before much was known (such as price). I ordered a fully optioned UL and requested the required items be ordered separately. The salesman (or clerk) left out the HID lights and they didn't get installed, according to my build list. It is due here in a couple of weeks. So, "Required" might not absolutely be required. I was concerned that the UL might have been deleted, too, but all else but the HIDs were there (& priced).
Old 08-27-12, 06:02 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,519 Likes on 1,817 Posts

They're grouping the packages a little bit differently than before.

The bottom line is though, the premium and luxury package car with wood/leather wheel, upgraded wheels, leather, rain sensing wipers, BSM, navigation, is $43,700. To that you add the UL package for $2,900, brings you to $46,600...

The $2,900 gets you in addition to what is already on that $43,700 car:

-Driver's seat power cushion extender
-Power rear sunshade
-Panorama glass roof
-Ambient interior lighting
-Ambient interior lighting
-NavWeather™ [4] [5]
-Sports and Stocks [4] [5]
-Mark Levinson® Premium Surround Sound Audio System
-Power trunk open/close

The total package price is $9,230 added to the BASE car. The luxury/nav/premium package is $6,355 added to the BASE car. If you subtract $6,355 from $9,230 you get...$2,875...the price of the UL package as advertised. Individual options within the package are listed on the window sticker separately, but they still come with the package.

You don't pay for the same options twice...you just can't add the UL package to a car without all the previous packages, to get a UL car you have to have EVERY package including UL.

Quick Reply: Ultra Luxury Question