ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Leased a 2013 ES 300h today

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-12, 07:38 PM
gfr1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kesando
I believe these options are bundled with the Ultra Luxury Package. My parents are about to purchase an Ultra Luxury Package ES300h in Fire Agate Pearl with Parchment interior. The car has all options except Lane Departure and PCS which according to the dealer usually comes together. MSRP on the car is $47,792 plus destination. I seems the OP's car has all the options.

Very Nice!
Some individual items are part of a package, but others aren't. If you look at the 2013 ES300h Product Information sheet, there are the Premium, Luxury & Ultra Luxury packages. Ultra Luxury contains the items listed in the lower class packages (unless superceeded). If, in those packages any item says "(required)" behind it, it requires you to order and pay (On top of the Package price) for that item. I argued this point with the salesman that placed my order and told him that I wanted to order these items. Besides the Ultra Luxury Package (UL) ($2435.00), he ordered the (required) Park Assist (PA) ($500.00), the (required) Heated wood steering wheel (WV) ($450.00, but didn't order my requested (but required) HID headlamps (HD) ($515.00). I've received my "Order Report", VIN, etc., for a delivery for about a month from now. I'm not getting the HIDs that I had requested, but he didn't order. The Sales Manager offered to take this one and order another for me, but says there would be a further wait for up to six months for delivery! Very disappointed, but I plan to accept the car without the HIDs. The sales manager says even though it says "required", a dealer can, in some instances of special order, delete an "required" item. So, the Ultra Lulury price is well above the listed $2435, if you include the "required" items. In this case, $3900.00! My "Order Report" reflects this fact, though the (required) items are listed individually and not as part of the Ultra Luxury Package. You might be very disappointed with your order, if you wanted these options but didn't order them. I normally order my cars and was aware, but this particular salesman hadn't done this before and didn't appreciate what the "required" behind the item really implied. Even though this is a major dealership, he said that they only do about six real "special orders" per year. Only certain items are considered "special" for this nomenclature, I learned. I believe it was two, for this car. Also, I don't know what Lane Departure has to do with PCS. PCS is tied in with the Radar Cruise Control, as they use the same radar info for distance and closure rate. That isn't what is viewing your lane markers for Lane Departure Alert. Good luck with your order!

Last edited by gfr1; 08-07-12 at 07:44 PM. Reason: Typing errors
Old 08-08-12, 10:50 AM
Lscott
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leasing 460L awd

Can I get an education on leasing a 2012 460L? I currently have a 2008 460l. Looking to get into a new one. Why should I look for in negotiating the lease payments andetc...?
Old 08-08-12, 11:28 AM
kesando
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lscott
Can I get an education on leasing a 2012 460L? I currently have a 2008 460l. Looking to get into a new one. Why should I look for in negotiating the lease payments andetc...?
Have you considered waiting for the 2013 if possible?
Old 08-08-12, 11:31 AM
silvergen2
Driver School Candidate

wrong forum
Old 08-08-12, 11:59 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

^^^^The guy's not asking about a car he's inquiring about leasing tips. He probably did a search using lease as the target word and came to this thread. Since I don't lease, I can't help him, maybe some of you folks can.

Loy
Old 08-08-12, 01:39 PM
kesando
Rookie

Originally Posted by gfr1
Some individual items are part of a package, but others aren't. If you look at the 2013 ES300h Product Information sheet, there are the Premium, Luxury & Ultra Luxury packages. Ultra Luxury contains the items listed in the lower class packages (unless superceeded). If, in those packages any item says "(required)" behind it, it requires you to order and pay (On top of the Package price) for that item. I argued this point with the salesman that placed my order and told him that I wanted to order these items. Besides the Ultra Luxury Package (UL) ($2435.00), he ordered the (required) Park Assist (PA) ($500.00), the (required) Heated wood steering wheel (WV) ($450.00, but didn't order my requested (but required) HID headlamps (HD) ($515.00). I've received my "Order Report", VIN, etc., for a delivery for about a month from now. I'm not getting the HIDs that I had requested, but he didn't order. The Sales Manager offered to take this one and order another for me, but says there would be a further wait for up to six months for delivery! Very disappointed, but I plan to accept the car without the HIDs. The sales manager says even though it says "required", a dealer can, in some instances of special order, delete an "required" item. So, the Ultra Lulury price is well above the listed $2435, if you include the "required" items. In this case, $3900.00! My "Order Report" reflects this fact, though the (required) items are listed individually and not as part of the Ultra Luxury Package. You might be very disappointed with your order, if you wanted these options but didn't order them. I normally order my cars and was aware, but this particular salesman hadn't done this before and didn't appreciate what the "required" behind the item really implied. Even though this is a major dealership, he said that they only do about six real "special orders" per year. Only certain items are considered "special" for this nomenclature, I learned. I believe it was two, for this car. Also, I don't know what Lane Departure has to do with PCS. PCS is tied in with the Radar Cruise Control, as they use the same radar info for distance and closure rate. That isn't what is viewing your lane markers for Lane Departure Alert. Good luck with your order!
Gotcha. There does seem some misinformation on the lexus.com configurator. For example they make it seem as if you have to choose between Navigation and the Mark Levingston option as well as choosing between HIDs and the Lane Departure system. I'm not sure why the dealer mentioned the PCS and LDA being related but they did admit to them still learning about the car. That said, my parents put down a deposit today to divert the ES300h to the dealer for purchase at the end of the month. The car has all options itemized with the exception of the PCS and LDA systems. I can't wait to see it!

BTW has anyone confirmed if the 18" wheels are available on the Hybrid? This seems to be another mistake on the Lexus configurator page
Old 08-08-12, 01:56 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

You'll get more responses if you move your thread over to the LS460 forum (the is the ES forum).

There will be LS buyers who have leased and give you first hand information on that particular model.
Old 08-08-12, 06:48 PM
silvergen2
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hdbrew
My local dealer quoted $50 more per month, same car $46k, $2000 down. Anyone get better? I don't want to get ripped off? Seemed HIGH to me.
which dealer.. can you send me a PM. you can see my dealer visit on another post in the forum .