ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-14, 12:18 PM
jollick
Racer

Received 173 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent05
Hi all, first time Lexus owner. I just bought the wifey a 2014 ES 300H and we love it so far. It's the same color and package as Firecop but ours is a hybrid. Congrats btw. She has been driving a Acura MDX bought new in 2005, the gas mileage has been killing us and our son will be getting his license soon so I thought we should get her a new car. I was thinking more in terms of a Corolla S Premium but she did mot want to downgrade lol.

We were looking at a Mercedes CLA 250 and this car. She loves the sport look of it (we are in mid 30s) and pI've never been a fan of German cars. I did not like the interior of the CLA. After getting price quotes for both cars, I let her pick the car she wanted, she told me in her heart that she wanted the CLA but the right decision is the ES 300H. It saves on fuel, more roomier then the CLA and much more dependable long term. I was happy as hell when she said that.
Congratulations on your new ES300h and welcome to Club Lexus.
Old 09-26-14, 07:55 PM
Kijug
Intermediate

Received 98 Likes on 72 Posts

Got a red/black ES 350 in July. Loaded: UL/ML, BD, FL, HD, LK, NL, OT, PA, PS, RS, WV, and Z2. Package and option codes found at http://vehicles.automobilemag.com/am...41/prices.html. Walk out $50K...average, but I'm happy. I use the PCS (PS) a lot...I've been wanting that in a car for years. Have 9000 songs via USB drive. Siri Eyes Free works great. For those looking, all the cars drive the same, you really have to just decide on the options. I had leather in my older car, but I like the UL leather (semi-aniline). The parking sensors (PA) are great, especially parking in the garage with two cars. Rear-cross traffic alert is wonderful when backing up in parking lots. My only gripe, really, is when clicking up and down through songs and albums or folders, etc., is slower than it should be. I should be able to click the down-button and click, click, click. I have to click, wait, click, wait. With a LOT of albums and artists, etc., it takes a while to find something if I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I've enjoyed every feature of the car! Yea!
Old 10-01-14, 06:46 AM
jollick
Racer

Originally Posted by Kijug
Got a red/black ES 350 in July. Loaded: UL/ML, BD, FL, HD, LK, NL, OT, PA, PS, RS, WV, and Z2. Package and option codes found at http://vehicles.automobilemag.com/am...41/prices.html. Walk out $50K...average, but I'm happy. I use the PCS (PS) a lot...I've been wanting that in a car for years. Have 9000 songs via USB drive. Siri Eyes Free works great. For those looking, all the cars drive the same, you really have to just decide on the options. I had leather in my older car, but I like the UL leather (semi-aniline). The parking sensors (PA) are great, especially parking in the garage with two cars. Rear-cross traffic alert is wonderful when backing up in parking lots. My only gripe, really, is when clicking up and down through songs and albums or folders, etc., is slower than it should be. I should be able to click the down-button and click, click, click. I have to click, wait, click, wait. With a LOT of albums and artists, etc., it takes a while to find something if I'm not sure what I'm looking for. I've enjoyed every feature of the car! Yea!
Congratulations!
Old 10-03-14, 12:33 PM
nebulagr
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congratulations!

We just got our Lexus ES300h Last week. Nebula Grey with Black interior, Leather package, Nav. We absolutely love it. Already put ~500 miles on it. This is our first Lexus and looking forward for years of happiness driving it. I am getting 42 mpg so far.

One gripe I have with the car is that I can't dial a phone # or browse through my contacts when the car is in motion. Same with entering destinations. The Voice recognition doesn't pick up the street names or contact names easily and speech recognition can get frustrating. I own a Samsung Galaxy S5 but don't know if I can leverage its speech capabilities.

Other than that, there are no complaints. We just love this car.

Last edited by nebulagr; 10-03-14 at 12:38 PM.
Old 10-03-14, 12:58 PM
jollick
Racer

Congratulations and welcome to Club Lexus!
Old 10-10-14, 05:56 PM
PAPI007
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

My Lexus 2013! Love It!
Old 10-16-14, 08:53 PM
Madonna99
Driver School Candidate

Cool New Lexus ES300h

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your new 2013+ ES, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model (ES350 or ES300h) and package (premium, Luxury or Ultra-Luxury)
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options including Nav, ML, PCS, Lane Departure, etc.
Hi, I just picked up my new 2014 Lexus ES 300h with Ultra Luxury Package, ML, BSM, PA, extra sunshades for rear door windows, etc. It is a Silver car with light grey seats and black interior. Super Super Sharp and getting lots of attention! I love the car so far!
Just one thing, where I park at my complex outside, there are tons of trees, tree sap and falling branches. I want to purchase a car cover to protect it from that and our Florida weather. Does anyone have a suggestion? I have been looking at Covercraft, Empire and Extreme. I called Lexus Parts but they have an aftermarket which is not Waterproof. Any suggestions as I am new at this?
Old 10-16-14, 08:56 PM
Madonna99
Driver School Candidate

Cool New Lexus ES300h

Originally Posted by Welcome to CL
Members,

When you get your new 2013+ ES, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including:

- Model (ES350 or ES300h) and package (premium, Luxury or Ultra-Luxury)
- Color of the exterior and Interior
- Options including Nav, ML, PCS, Lane Departure, etc.
Hi, I just picked up my new 2014 Lexus ES 300h Hybrid with Ultra Luxury Package, GPS, Backup Camera, ML, BSM, PA, extra sunshades for rear door windows, etc. It is a Silver car with light grey seats and black interior. Super Super Sharp and getting lots of attention! I love the car so far!
Just one thing, where I park at my complex outside, there are tons of trees, tree sap and falling branches. I want to purchase a car cover to protect it from that and our Florida weather. Does anyone have a suggestion? I have been looking at Covercraft, Empire and Extreme. I called Lexus Parts but they have an aftermarket which is not Waterproof. Any suggestions as I am new at this?
Old 10-18-14, 08:06 AM
Cruiseman
Rookie

Default New 2014 Pearl White

Just picked her up yesterday:

2014 (non-Nav) Starfire Pearl

Old 10-20-14, 05:46 AM
jollick
Racer

Congratulations Cruiseman! :-)
Old 11-03-14, 09:09 PM
2015ES300h
Driver School Candidate

Talking Blacked out 2015 ES 300h

Hi, 2 weeks ago I purchased a 2015 Starfire Pearl ES 300h (Luxury Package) moving up from my 2010 Prius IV. This is my first Lexus

I had some work done on the car and got it back last week. I love the look and now with the mods it looks even better. It also drives very smoothly and definitely more pep than my old Prius. It is very comfortable and full of electronic amenities for those media and info driven Drivers out there.

Hope you like the pics of my Blacked out Starfire Pearl 2015 ES 300h:

Blacked out 2015 ES 300h
Old 11-04-14, 04:49 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

^ Congrats on your ES and welcome to CL.. I really like the way the front looks blacked out..
Old 11-04-14, 05:12 PM
Dviola617
Driver School Candidate

Default First Lexus ever

Hi all, Picked up my new 2015 ES350 on Saturday

Luxury package with navigation, BSM, Park assist
Satin Cashmire Metallic, Parchment interior

Love, love, love it so far.

Last edited by Dviola617; 11-04-14 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11-04-14, 05:29 PM
jollick
Racer

Originally Posted by Dviola617

Luxury pancake with navigation, BSM, Park assist

Congratulations and welcome to Club Lexus.
Old 11-05-14, 06:06 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 611 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by Dviola617

Luxury package with navigation, BSM, Park assist

Welcome and congrats! We need pic's!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!