Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 and ES300h (2013+)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-12-14, 07:20 PM   #346
Kijug
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Kijug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 46
Default

Thought I'd join the club.

Well, after 12 years with my 2003 Acura TL Type-S (the last decent TL made; notice the sales tanking over the years?) I bought a 2014 Lexus ES loaded. Red/Black. UL/ML + BSM, 18", LDA, PowerTrunk, IPA, PCS, RS Wipers, Heated Steering Wheel, Trunk Mat, etc. The only option I wasn't able to get was illuminated door sills. Granted that's only for looks. I had tan leather in my Acura and thought I'd try black leather this time. Also, the parchment ES leather is a bit too yellow in my opinion, however, it does make the interior look more "regal". Well, after two days and studying all the buttons and trying them out...I'm quite happy! I've wanted a radar-cruise-control for 20+ years. I've wanted all four windows to be one-touch for 20+ years. Silly as it may seem, but those were high on my list (everyone has their own list.)

Well, hopefully this car should go the 12+ years also.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Kijug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-14, 06:34 AM   #347
Mike728
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Mike728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 1,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijug View Post
Thought I'd join the club.

Well, after 12 years with my 2003 Acura TL Type-S (the last decent TL made; notice the sales tanking over the years?) I bought a 2014 Lexus ES loaded. Red/Black. UL/ML + BSM, 18", LDA, PowerTrunk, IPA, PCS, RS Wipers, Heated Steering Wheel, Trunk Mat, etc. The only option I wasn't able to get was illuminated door sills. Granted that's only for looks. I had tan leather in my Acura and thought I'd try black leather this time. Also, the parchment ES leather is a bit too yellow in my opinion, however, it does make the interior look more "regal". Well, after two days and studying all the buttons and trying them out...I'm quite happy! I've wanted a radar-cruise-control for 20+ years. I've wanted all four windows to be one-touch for 20+ years. Silly as it may seem, but those were high on my list (everyone has their own list.)

Well, hopefully this car should go the 12+ years also.
Welcome to the club! Great color combo, too!
Mike728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-14, 10:43 PM   #348
LexGoBlue
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
LexGoBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 3
Default Stay with Lexus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corpnupe85 View Post
I traded the crappy 2012 genesis. I am happy to be back in a Lexus. I previously owned a 2007 GS. 350. I have all of the options except Nav. Rotors are being replaced at 170 miles. I like the vehicle. The quality of the Lexus is years ahead of the genesis. The dealership is also much better.
Nice car and glad you came back to Lexus! Looked at the Genesis for a long time, but couldn't force myself to do it!
LexGoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-14, 10:49 PM   #349
LexGoBlue
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
LexGoBlue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: TX
Posts: 3
Default Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kijug View Post
Thought I'd join the club.

Well, after 12 years with my 2003 Acura TL Type-S (the last decent TL made; notice the sales tanking over the years?) I bought a 2014 Lexus ES loaded. Red/Black. UL/ML + BSM, 18", LDA, PowerTrunk, IPA, PCS, RS Wipers, Heated Steering Wheel, Trunk Mat, etc. The only option I wasn't able to get was illuminated door sills. Granted that's only for looks. I had tan leather in my Acura and thought I'd try black leather this time. Also, the parchment ES leather is a bit too yellow in my opinion, however, it does make the interior look more "regal". Well, after two days and studying all the buttons and trying them out...I'm quite happy! I've wanted a radar-cruise-control for 20+ years. I've wanted all four windows to be one-touch for 20+ years. Silly as it may seem, but those were high on my list (everyone has their own list.)

Well, hopefully this car should go the 12+ years also.
Welcome to the Club! Sounds like a great looking car!
LexGoBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-14, 05:47 PM   #350
corpnupe85
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexGoBlue View Post
Welcome to the Club! Sounds like a great looking car!
Thanks!! The Genesis was definitely a mistake! I a glad to be back in a Lexus!
corpnupe85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 12:57 PM   #351
crb595
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
crb595's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 3
Default

Proud new owner of a 2014 ES300h:

Exterior - Silver Lining Metallic, Interior - Light Grey
Navigation
Luxury Package
High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps
Intuitive Parking Assist
Blind Spot Monitor System [1]
Bamboo wood- and leather-trimmed shift **** and heated steering wheel
Power rear sunshade
Rain-sensing wipers
Trunk mat, cargo net & wheel locks
Heated and Ventilated Front Seats
High Intensity Discharge Headlamps with LED Daytime Running Lamps
Attached Thumbnails
Welcome to Club Lexus!  6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-lexus_2014-07-31__15-20-14_crb_7811.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-lexus_2014-07-31__15-20-34_crb_7812.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-lexus_2014-07-31__15-20-48_crb_7813.jpg   Welcome to Club Lexus!  6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!-lexus_2014-07-31__15-22-14_crb_7816.jpg  
crb595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-14, 05:54 PM   #352
corpnupe85
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: GA
Posts: 40
Default

Welcome! Nice car!
corpnupe85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-14, 05:01 AM   #353
chromedome
Pole Position
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: CN
Posts: 339
Default

Maybe I've got the only bare bones ES 300H around here... Pearl white, piano black plastic trim instead of wood, plain gray steering wheel, gray NuLuxe seats without memory function, xenons and a grayscale center screen instead of the color display with Remote Touch.

It's a bit dark inside but the black trim, gray seats and metallic center console make for a nice contrast. I'm not a fan of wood in cars either. It's still a beauty that both saves fuel and rockets down the highways
chromedome is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-14, 05:15 AM   #354
jollick
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
jollick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromedome View Post
Maybe I've got the only bare bones ES 300H around here... Pearl white, piano black plastic trim instead of wood, plain gray steering wheel, gray NuLuxe seats without memory function, xenons and a grayscale center screen instead of the color display with Remote Touch.

It's a bit dark inside but the black trim, gray seats and metallic center console make for a nice contrast. I'm not a fan of wood in cars either. It's still a beauty that both saves fuel and rockets down the highways
Congratulations on your new Lexus ES300h and welcome to Club Lexus.
__________________
2013 ES300h UL, Starfire Pearl, Parchment, Michelin, LDA, ML, PCS, BSM, IPA, DRCC, PTO/C.
2015 ES350 UL, Atomic Silver, Black, 18" Michelin, LDA, ML, PCS, BSM, IPA, DRCC, PTO/C.
jollick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 06:47 AM   #355
Fillykonk
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 22
Default

After 14 years of driving Acura products I made the switch this week to a new ES (Starfire Pearl/Black leather, Luxury and Nav packages). I'm loving the quality construction, smooth ride and fact that I can use regular gas. I look forward to picking up some great owner information on this forum.
Fillykonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 07:47 AM   #356
Mike728
Lexus Test Driver
Trader Score: (0)
 
Mike728's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: IL
Posts: 1,134
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillykonk View Post
After 14 years of driving Acura products I made the switch this week to a new ES (Starfire Pearl/Black leather, Luxury and Nav packages). I'm loving the quality construction, smooth ride and fact that I can use regular gas. I look forward to picking up some great owner information on this forum.
Congrats and welcome! Lots of good info on the site.
Mike728 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-14, 08:54 PM   #357
l3Xus2013
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
l3Xus2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: az
Posts: 1
Default

Just bought our first Lexus and luxury brand vehicle. 2013 Lexus ES 350 .. so excited and amazed by lexus customer service .. looking forward 2 learn from everyone all the tips and tricks on lexus .
Joe
l3Xus2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-14, 07:16 PM   #358
firecop138
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: TN
Posts: 2
Default

2014 ES 350
Matador Red with Black interior
Premium package
Navigation

Click the image to open in full size.
firecop138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-14, 10:24 AM   #359
jollick
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (0)
 
jollick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: GA
Posts: 548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecop138 View Post
2014 ES 350
Matador Red with Black interior
Premium package
Navigation
Firecop, she is a beauty, congratulations!
__________________
2013 ES300h UL, Starfire Pearl, Parchment, Michelin, LDA, ML, PCS, BSM, IPA, DRCC, PTO/C.
2015 ES350 UL, Atomic Silver, Black, 18" Michelin, LDA, ML, PCS, BSM, IPA, DRCC, PTO/C.
jollick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-14, 08:04 AM   #360
Vincent05
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: PA
Posts: 37
Default

Hi all, first time Lexus owner. I just bought the wifey a 2014 ES 300H and we love it so far. It's the same color and package as Firecop but ours is a hybrid. Congrats btw. She has been driving a Acura MDX bought new in 2005, the gas mileage has been killing us and our son will be getting his license soon so I thought we should get her a new car. I was thinking more in terms of a Corolla S Premium but she did mot want to downgrade lol.

We were looking at a Mercedes CLA 250 and this car. She loves the sport look of it (we are in mid 30s) and pI've never been a fan of German cars. I did not like the interior of the CLA. After getting price quotes for both cars, I let her pick the car she wanted, she told me in her heart that she wanted the CLA but the right decision is the ES 300H. It saves on fuel, more roomier then the CLA and much more dependable long term. I was happy as hell when she said that.
Vincent05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-14, 08:04 AM
 
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Welcome to Club Lexus! 3IS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE! Welcome to CL IS - Third Generation 843 05-01-15 06:29 AM
Welcome to Club Lexus! ES350 owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE Welcome to CL ES350 (2007 - 2012) 742 04-27-15 07:10 AM
Welcome to Club Lexus! ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE! Welcome to CL ES300 and ES330 323 04-16-15 10:18 PM
Welcome thread now open for new ES owners ! DaveGS4 ES350 and ES300h (2013+) 0 08-19-12 10:16 AM


Tags
2013, agate, automotive, back, cameras, driving, es, es300h, es350, fire, lexus, mpg, patterns, pearl, powered, vbulletin

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:09 AM.

Join ClubLexus

Copyright © 2000-2015 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved
Privacy Policy | Disclaimer | Terms of Use | JOBS


Get all contact info