ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-13, 09:29 PM
mbriggs825
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First Lexus

Hi Everyone,

Just bought my first Lexus on Saturday. This is my first luxury car. Just coming from a 02 Honda Civic. Happy to join the Lexus family.

ES300 Ultra Luxury
Nebula Gray Exterior
Black Interior w Bamboo
Navigation
Panoramic Sunroof
Mark Levison Audio
Blind Spot Monitor w Rear Cross Traffic Alert
HID Headlamps
Power Trunk Closer
Intuitive Parking Assist
Rain Sensing Wipers with Deicer
Leather Trimmed Shift **** and Heated Wood & Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel

I got alot of infro from this site when I was deciding my purchase. Thanks everyone.
Accy Pkg: Trunk Mat, Cargo Net & Wheel Locks
Old 05-13-13, 05:17 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Received 613 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by mbriggs825
Hi Everyone,

Just bought my first Lexus on Saturday. This is my first luxury car. Just coming from a 02 Honda Civic. Happy to join the Lexus family.

ES300 Ultra Luxury
Panoramic Sunroof
Congrats!
Are you sure you don't have the 350? I didn't think the 300h has the panoramic option.
Old 05-13-13, 10:41 AM
rickblum
Driver School Candidate

Hi all,

This is my first Lexus. Just got an ultra luxury in white with black interior. I didn't really care about the Mark Levinson audio but wanted the panoramic roof so I had to go with it because it was in the package but I cant believe how much I am liking it!!

I have been in BMW's for the last 3 cars (9 years) and my last car was a 535i GT. I can't believe what a better value this car is. So much car for so much less that a comparably equipped 5 series.
I've had the car for a couple of weeks now and am really loving it!
Old 05-13-13, 10:54 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rickblum
Hi all,

This is my first Lexus. Just got an ultra luxury in white with black interior. I didn't really care about the Mark Levinson audio but wanted the panoramic roof so I had to go with it because it was in the package but I cant believe how much I am liking it!!

I have been in BMW's for the last 3 cars (9 years) and my last car was a 535i GT. I can't believe what a better value this car is. So much car for so much less that a comparably equipped 5 series.
I've had the car for a couple of weeks now and am really loving it!
Welcome and congrats! I love my panoramic roof, especially now that I can actually open it.

Got any pic's?
Old 05-14-13, 12:34 AM
Labomba
Driver School Candidate

Default I will post pics of the new PVD coated chrome wheels shortly

Got my white/parchment 2013 ES 350 in August 2012. Has every option that is available. Another great car from Lexus. I am waiting to mount new wheels & take pics. I have to sell my Lumari Morro chrome wheels to subsidize tires for the new wheels.
My previous cars were ;
2002 Lexus ES 300
2005 Lexus ES 330
2006 Lexus GS
2006 LS 430
2007 LS 460
2008 LS 460L
2010 ES 350
2011 ES 350
2013 ES 350
Obviously I am a big fan !
Old 05-15-13, 09:17 AM
Labomba
Driver School Candidate

Hi Mike,
I will post pics as soon as I get them mounted. Just Have to sell 18 inch Lumari Morro wheels before I mount new ones. They looked real nice on my Black/Parchment 2011 ES. Put 1st one on couple weeks ago & took it off immediately. It did not look as good as the OEM18 inch Ultra Luxary Package wheels.
Old 05-15-13, 10:13 AM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 186 Likes on 117 Posts

As far as 18s go. The stocks are hard to beat.
Old 05-15-13, 11:44 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexRuger
As far as 18s go. The stocks are hard to beat.
Also, hard to clean.
Old 05-16-13, 12:53 AM
Labomba
Driver School Candidate

The PVD coated chrome wheels I am going to mount are OEM 18 for ULP. They are actually same 18's but in chrome. I am so ocd about my cars that i would wax the factory wheels, however the detail shop I use in the winter for washing purposes put some kind of chemical on wheel that ate into the finish. Of course I cannot get past the small imperfection so brand new one are boxed & sitting in my basement. My dilema now 8 wheels to recoup money on & not sure how to go about doing so. I can tell you the new wheels are really good looking in the PVD chrome finish and ready to jump out of their boxes & onto my car.
Old 05-16-13, 08:18 PM
KennyLexus
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Labomba
The PVD coated chrome wheels I am going to mount are OEM 18 for ULP. They are actually same 18's but in chrome. I am so ocd about my cars that i would wax the factory wheels, however the detail shop I use in the winter for washing purposes put some kind of chemical on wheel that ate into the finish. Of course I cannot get past the small imperfection so brand new one are boxed & sitting in my basement. My dilema now 8 wheels to recoup money on & not sure how to go about doing so. I can tell you the new wheels are really good looking in the PVD chrome finish and ready to jump out of their boxes & onto my car.
Those chrome OEM 18" ES 350 wheels are awesome looking. My dealership had 2 ES 350s (both pearl white) fitted with them on the showroom floor. I debated for a long time about getting a set but went with the 20" . The 18" filled in the wheel well a lot better than my stock 17" and my 20"
Old 05-28-13, 04:35 AM
Eugene77ru
Driver School Candidate

Default Hello everyone!

I bought my first lexus(ES250 2013) a couple of mounts ago and would like to join your club.
few words about me: My name is Evgenii and I’m from Moscow, Russia. I'm 30, almost 31
and about my new ride: Last generation ES but with two and a half engine.
Configuration: I will try to compare my car with a base US ES350 configuration:
Almost every feature from base US comes in my car. Except: Shark-fin antenna, HomeLink®, rearview mirror with compass(no compass in my car)
But I’ve got with mine config the following: Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column, Heated front seats, Intuitive Parking Assist, High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps.
And that’s it!)
One more thing is different: The color of my car metallic black, that’s
not obsidian. I guess that type of color unavailable in USA.
I will post fotos a bit later. Now it’s raining and car used to be
washed before a photo
session.
Old 05-28-13, 04:39 AM
Brian5dg
Driver School Candidate

The car will be red with parchment interior, Ultra-luxury package and all other features.
Old 05-28-13, 07:33 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Eugene77ru
I bought my first lexus(ES250 2013) a couple of mounts ago and would like to join your club.
few words about me: My name is Evgenii and I’m from Moscow, Russia. I'm 30, almost 31
and about my new ride: Last generation ES but with two and a half engine.
Configuration: I will try to compare my car with a base US ES350 configuration:
Almost every feature from base US comes in my car. Except: Shark-fin antenna, HomeLink®, rearview mirror with compass(no compass in my car)
But I’ve got with mine config the following: Power tilt-and-telescopic steering column, Heated front seats, Intuitive Parking Assist, High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlamps.
And that’s it!)
One more thing is different: The color of my car metallic black, that’s
not obsidian. I guess that type of color unavailable in USA.
I will post fotos a bit later. Now it’s raining and car used to be
washed before a photo
session.
Welcome and congrats! Yes, please post pic's inside and out. There's probably a few more differences than what you've mentioned.
Old 05-28-13, 07:34 AM
Mike728
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Brian5dg
The car will be red with parchment interior, Ultra-luxury package and all other features.
Welcome! Where are you from? You're pic's didn't work.
Old 05-31-13, 11:08 AM
tebaho
Driver School Candidate

Hi. New ES350 owner for last eight days - still struggling through the encyclopedic owner manuals ) Previous rides were '05 Acura TL and '13 Prius v.

Satin Cashmere Metallic/Parchment
Blind Spot Monitor
HID lights
Power rear sunshade
Luxury package
NAV
Parking assist
Rain sensing wipers
Wood/leather shift ****/wheel
Trunk mat/cargo net/wheel locks/bumper app

Great car, all the way - smoother than smooth.

Photo? When (if) it stops raining down here.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! 6th Gen ES owner roll call & introduction thread, POST HERE!