Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the ES300h model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the ES300h. Please use the main 6ES forum for discussion about shared components with other sixth generation ES models.

2013 ES now official with a hybrid version

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-12, 08:33 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the side profile reminds me of a more agressive and modern 4ES
Old 04-04-12, 11:33 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Update:
After looking at the ES on the home page, I'm aboard with the interior and the dash....in fact the interior is very slick, elegant and classy...I love it!!...This car is really a winner after all. In black (or any color) the competition can't touch this one....Buick who??...Let's get reaI...I like the LS look,...very nice....I agree, this car will sell like hot cakes...I'm in the market for one now....wow...Lexus has done it again!!...Can't believe how these pics after a 'second' look has made me do a 180...I had a feeling though...The China pics really didn't capture the beauty of this one....
Old 04-05-12, 06:34 AM
RickC5
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LexPaul
Overall, not bad, I think a little more thought with the integration of the dashboard would have made a big difference. Still the hood line I don't get it. I think I will probably be more impressed when I see it in person, but all in all, I'm feeling a lot better than before .
I agree there's a lot to like, but also agree there's things I really don't care for:

1) that stupid little panel between the leading edge of the hood & the grille. Why not extend the hood a couple of inches? I don't get it either--lame--fail--bad. Might look better on a dark colored car.

2) The lack of integration/flow between the console and lower dash. Two different design teams that didn't communicate?

3) The analog clock. Looks totally out of place in the interior. I would MUCH rather have a digital clock.

Sport Mode in an ES? Now that's different!!!
Old 04-05-12, 07:40 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Update:
After looking at the ES on the home page, I'm aboard with the interior and the dash....in fact the interior is very slick, elegant and classy...I love it!!...This car is really a winner after all. In black (or any color) the competition can't touch this one....Buick who??...Let's get reaI...I like the LS look,...very nice....I agree, this car will sell like hot cakes...I'm in the market for one now....wow...Lexus has done it again!!...Can't believe how these pics after a 'second' look has made me do a 180...I had a feeling though...The China pics really didn't capture the beauty of this one....
Come August, are you going to crack open the checkbook??
Old 04-05-12, 09:28 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Love it! Thing of beauty. Way better than the spy pics. But that was expected wasn't it?

But after my ordeal with being patient while Lexus worked out all the bugs on my '07, I think I'll leave that up to you guys this time.
Old 04-05-12, 11:01 AM
larrytstar
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I think I'll wait a year as well. MIght be tough though . . .
Old 04-05-12, 03:01 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Here are some pictures of the new Avalon which was unveiled at the NY Show the day after the ES350. Toyota and Lexus are launching some nice looking cars this year.

http://www.toyota.com/upcoming-vehicles/avalon/
Old 04-05-12, 03:16 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Come August, are you going to crack open the checkbook??
lol...I'm tempted for sure, but first things first...price and my trade in. It will be interesting to see what price point Lexus will set this ES at, and the 'layered' options can add up fast, I prefer real leather, not sure about the NuLuxe 'leather', I have to see it/feel it. I just hope the options don't place it in the mid to upper 40's, we'll see...but I'm in the hunting mode now for sure....lol....
Old 04-05-12, 03:18 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Here are some pictures of the new Avalon which was unveiled at the NY Show the day after the ES350. Toyota and Lexus are launching some nice looking cars this year.

Very nice and much better than the last soooo boring style.
The '13 Avalon grill is way too big but other than that,it's very nice.
Old 04-05-12, 03:20 PM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

lol...I'm tempted for sure, but first things first...price and my trade in. It will be interesting to see what price point Lexus will set this ES at, and the 'layered' options can add up fast, I prefer real leather, not sure about the NuLuxe 'leather', I have to see it/feel it. I just hope the options don't place it in the mid to upper 40's, we'll see...but I'm in the hunting mode now for sure....lol....
They'll probably be no incentives or big discounting till the December to Remember' and then the finance rate will be lower.
Old 04-05-12, 03:26 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Wow, are you serious, (agreed), the Avalon is really sharp looking...this car can go head to head with luxury cars, I think it's way past anything the domestics have out now. I'm really feeling the rear end, love the exhaust and the over-all look...Toyota has really scaled with the best this time...The Buick Lacrosse has to get past the Avalon, which IMO, will be an uphill battle....before even thinking about the ES....
Old 04-05-12, 03:47 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by RickC5
I agree there's a lot to like, but also agree there's things I really don't care for:

1) that stupid little panel between the leading edge of the hood & the grille. Why not extend the hood a couple of inches? I don't get it either--lame--fail--bad. Might look better on a dark colored car.

2) The lack of integration/flow between the console and lower dash. Two different design teams that didn't communicate?

3) The analog clock. Looks totally out of place in the interior. I would MUCH rather have a digital clock.

Sport Mode in an ES? Now that's different!!!
Yes, at first I thought the same about the dash (integration) and grill, but the pics in China were horrible, I'm not sure what it was, the angle of the photos, the crummy weather outlook, the fact that it was on a dock...lol but when I saw the high res, full view of the interior and dash, I was sold, I can see the flow and consistency now. Analog clock is a preference, but I do think it adds a certain 'elegance' to the cabin. IMO this car has scaled closer to the LS 460.

When I see it in person I think I'm going to be even more impressed. This car is a winner...hands down. The hood line, even looking at that closer is not bad and does not distract from the overall look IMO. I say, wait to see it in person. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.....
Old 04-06-12, 02:43 AM
Kauro
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never did i thought an ES model will make my turn head, until NOW! This has definitely stepped up. Loved everything about it, cant wait til I start seeing these beauties on the road.
Old 04-06-12, 11:49 AM
JohnS
Driver

Hmm.. I am not so sure about it. The wheels are my least favorite rims - way too busy for my taste.
Also, the interior looks less rich than my 2011 from these limited pics. Will be nice to see it in person however to confirm or deny the impression.
Old 04-06-12, 11:56 AM
Axxlrod
Driver School Candidate

I'd like an F-Sport version.

Quick Reply: 2013 ES now official with a hybrid version