ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

New ES spotted in China

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-12, 05:44 PM
03 ES
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really like it....i can't wait to see what our US version looks like.
maybe this will be what i upgrade to
Old 02-21-12, 05:44 PM
gatoman39
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tolian21
I got ES350 2012, last year of the run. I did it on purpose actually. I would like to keep this car for a long time, and last year usually is the best in quality and most TSBs are resolved.

Any time they make design changes and upgrade power-train, there is always a chance for screw up (like it happened with 2007 ES350 transmission software).
that's probably the intelligent decision, but not the sexy one. It's hard to pull off from an emotional point of view because now that the car is so ubiquitous,spending that much money on an older model is counter to most people's behavior. But like you said, it will probably be much more reliable and less buggy.
Old 02-21-12, 05:52 PM
gatoman39
Driver School Candidate

You have to be careful when trying to be radical about your design language. Acura's beak put the car company in the absolute $h*tter. The front of this car looks ridiculous and the sales agree.

WRONG!!!

Once they had meetings about this design, and the exercise in tomfoolery ceased, they decided that actual humans were going to buy this car not cyborgs. They have got it right in the new ILX:

RIGHT!

Last edited by gatoman39; 02-21-12 at 05:58 PM.
Old 02-21-12, 06:38 PM
langjaykev
Lead Lap

looks nearly identical to the 4GS.. interior too..
Old 02-21-12, 09:48 PM
Sal Collaziano
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think the new ES looks fantastic. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the BMW styled center stack. Otherwise, the front is great, the sides are really nice and I even think the rear is much better than the GS. In fact, I now like the ES better than the GS. If the LS is going to look better than this, I'm really anxious to see what it's going to look like.
Old 02-21-12, 11:16 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

I think its a SUBSTANCIAL upgrade to the current model... in almost everyway looks much more upscale and rich.

The current ES is a wonderful smooth operating car and is built very nice theres not a thing wrong with it but this new model looks to be leaps better.... cant wait to see whats new with it.

By far the most substancial car in its class. The new luxury in this ES is sure to be amazing... im already thinking about a drop with some nice wheels
Old 02-21-12, 11:17 PM
JDMToyotas
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by gatoman39
You have to be careful when trying to be radical about your design language. Acura's beak put the car company in the absolute $h*tter. The front of this car looks ridiculous and the sales agree.

WRONG!!!

Once they had meetings about this design, and the exercise in tomfoolery ceased, they decided that actual humans were going to buy this car not cyborgs. They have got it right in the new ILX:

RIGHT!

Na bro. . the new ILX is still ugly IMO and looks cheap inside and out
Old 02-21-12, 11:26 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

I agree the front seems to be overdone. On first inspection/impression I'm not feeling the changes very well. I hope this is just the China model. I have to say that I prefer my 09 model over this one, maybe I'll change MO when I see it in person.
Old 02-22-12, 04:38 AM
draco
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Can someone fix the pics from the original post?
Old 02-22-12, 04:51 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Originally Posted by garsarno
Looks like a mini LS460.
My thoughts exactly!

I'm not diggin' the center stack though.
Old 02-22-12, 04:53 AM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by draco
Can someone fix the pics from the original post?
The original pics aren't linkable.

I uploaded the pics to Flickr so you can link them directly (OP if you want to edit your post, you can click quote on mine and cut/paste the links into your post and then I'll edit mine):

There's a few extra photos here too: http://lexusenthusiast.com/2012/02/2...tted-in-china/

One thing I didn't notice before is the chrome trim pieces on the grille for the ES extend all the way down the front bumper while the GS only has chrome in the grille area ... on the ES it kind of accentuates the pinched grille in a way that I don't know if I like as much. Also, the body colored piece between the hood and the grille isn't that nice compared to the GS where the hood lines up directly with the grille. That part is likely a limitation of using the Camry as a starting point for the new ES - but I think its overall done better on the GS than the ES.

Last edited by RyanC; 02-22-12 at 04:57 AM.
Old 02-22-12, 07:14 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Also looks like an Ultimate version with the black glass panorama roof.
Old 02-22-12, 08:23 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like it's live or die by that front design for Lexus ... don't think.it will.work ln the LS though...
Old 02-22-12, 08:38 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Looks like it's live or die by that front design for Lexus ... don't think.it will.work ln the LS though...
This whole bold grill look can be hit or miss. I hope it works for Lexus.

I remember when Audi came out with their now signature grill. It wasn't too well receieved. Horse collar was the name given to it. Now it's distinctive.
Old 02-22-12, 10:20 AM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
This whole bold grill look can be hit or miss. I hope it works for Lexus.

I remember when Audi came out with their now signature grill. It wasn't too well receieved. Horse collar was the name given to it. Now it's distinctive.
I can say one thing for sure ... it is without a doubt better than the Acura Power Plenum!

Quick Reply: New ES spotted in China