ES - 6th Gen (2013-2018) Discussion topics related to 2013+ ES models

Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)

Old 01-03-12, 05:09 PM
JessePS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimxo
I know someone who has seen the new ES recently. He said it looks a lot like the new GS. The front of the car mostly.
That is what I was hoping to hear
Old 01-03-12, 05:34 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

this is some exciting news, seems like lexus is ready to do some killing with their new cars.

so the es will be quite a bit bigger / longer than the current one then? that's interesting (wonder what some would feel ), i welcome that change actually. the gs is already staying at the current size, which is almost 9-10 inches shorter than the LS. current ES is 191 inches, so a few more inches and that will be a great gap in between the two cars for those who doesn't need "sport" but the "space" while keeping a budget.

the quietest lexus ever, fantastic!!!!!!! so that means even quieter than the ls600hl? now that's not something easy to do and i think that would be the key for es success. that also pave the road for the next generation ls, which will have to be quieter than the es. if this goes on lexus cars will be quieter than phantom soon

and i love the fact that lexus is putting hybrid in the es (finally!) giving it the extra boost on gas mileage. screw hs, esh should have been the answer since day 1
Old 01-03-12, 06:06 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
and i love the fact that lexus is putting hybrid in the es (finally!) giving it the extra boost on gas mileage. screw hs, esh should have been the answer since day 1
No kidding.

Is funny how that works though, they made the HS so it is a dedicated hybrid model like the Prius which is very successful. But that formula doesn't work on the HS. I guess sucky is sucky
Old 01-03-12, 06:20 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

The next LS better be the best thing since sliced bread with the way they talk about the next ES. I'm exited to see how the new ES turns out.
Old 01-03-12, 07:27 PM
LexFather

I reported the *** kicking the ES would be giving quite sometime ago. Dealers are very excited about it.

Originally Posted by BNR34
Isn't all Lexus products bland, including the IS-F. And the LFA is bland for a $400k car, I mean look at the Aventador
I compare cars in the same class.

I don't think anyone think the IS-F looks cooler then a M3.

I don't think anyone think the LFA looks more exciting then an Aventador.

People own Lexus because they are reliable and cheap to own, not because they are cool looking. Most people just put up with the bland look for the reliability.

Sure looks is in the eyes of the beholder, so for a person who value reliability the most, Lexus are beautiful. That's why I only owns Lexus right now and they are beautiful to me because I am poor. When I see an AMG or M3, all I see are headaches of fixing it. But if I win the lotto and money is no object, I won't own a single Asian car.

Looks wise, is a night and day difference. For people who don't know, the LFA looks like a $100k Lexus coupe while the Aventador looks like a million bucks.
Those are you opinions, not absolute truths. They also have nothing to do with the ES.

Lexus is mixing sport and luxury now.

Not sure how anyone can find the LFA or any exotic bland. Sure compared to a Lambo, anything can seem rather bland.
Old 01-03-12, 08:37 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

I compare cars in the same class.

I don't think anyone think the IS-F looks cooler then a M3.

I don't think anyone think the LFA looks more exciting then an Aventador.

People own Lexus because they are reliable and cheap to own, not because they are cool looking. Most people just put up with the bland look for the reliability.

Sure looks is in the eyes of the beholder, so for a person who value reliability the most, Lexus are beautiful. That's why I only owns Lexus right now and they are beautiful to me because I am poor. When I see an AMG or M3, all I see are headaches of fixing it. But if I win the lotto and money is no object, I won't own a single Asian car.

Looks wise, is a night and day difference. For people who don't know, the LFA looks like a $100k Lexus coupe while the Aventador looks like a million bucks.
As they should be.

Again subjective. For what its worth an M3 coupe looks cooler than an ISF IMO, but the LFA looks more exciting than an Aventador (which looks like a toned Murcielago)

And BMWs don't look bland much like their Audi rivals? The average person can't tell the difference between their models. Let's not even start on the blandness that plagues BMW interiors.

I bought an IS350 because it was the best looking compact luxury sedan available. Not because the 335i had bad reliability. That's your own prerogative more power to you. Rest assured if I won the lottery I would own a variety of makes and models not based on if it was "a bland Asian car", but rather based on class, pedigree, performance, fun, and the "gotta have it" factor

Again subjective. Lamborghini is sonorous in the supercar world because of its long history, hence people expect it to look and feel like a million bucks. Keep in mind they had to start somewhere, as Lexus has done with the LFA. Sadly all that's being factored in, is the badge on the car with a reputation that proceeds it. Have you seen an LFA in person? Plebeian it is not

back on topic:

Originally Posted by Diemellz
is the AcuraTL and Lincoln MK, are in the same segment as the ES?
Yes the TL and MK compete with the ES350. The G37 sedan is sometimes thrown into the mix due to its size, as it straddles both the small and midsize segments
Old 01-03-12, 09:10 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Not sure how anyone can find the LFA or any exotic bland. Sure compared to a Lambo, anything can seem rather bland.
The LFA is the same price, same class, same type and in the same segment as the Aventador, you don't think is fair to compare them?

Everything is relative and comparatively speaking, of course the LFA is super cool and very exciting compare to a IS350C or SC430, but it is bland as a $400k exotic next to an Aventador...........again at the same price. The Aventador is not $2 million dollars.

Last edited by BNR34; 01-04-12 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-03-12, 09:13 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 102 Likes on 73 Posts

corolla hatch spy shots look best ever too... very sport even when masked. maybe something is coming.

in recent years, design has been very very important part of sellibg an car, more than anything else... japanese are slow to catch up, but when they do...

... as to the mpg, always possible, especially in luxury car... there have been rumours of small 4cly turbo engines coming from toyota and thats what would bring up the mpg over camry hybrid for instance, as well as light weight, more advanced tech... but i suspect it wont be cheap then... cant have both .

that being said, isaw test for q5 hybrid, wuth 4cly turbo, lion, 8 speed automatic, and when compared to rx450h awd, it spent almost 30% more mpg in real life testing :-).
Old 01-03-12, 09:44 PM
MR_F1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl

Been saying this forever and a day.

Originally Posted by spwolf
corolla hatch spy shots look best ever too... very sport even when masked. maybe something is coming.
:-).
links?
Old 01-03-12, 10:05 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

the ES hybrid will probably just get the camry powertrain and if so that means about 36mpg in the heavier car. Does the camry have the EGR system and the other improvements from Lexus Hybrids 2.0?
Old 01-04-12, 09:51 PM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Still pushing/trolling your personal opinion as fact I see BNR34 .

Here are some eye-opening FACTS for you that you should carefully read through before posting any of your opinions:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...n-the-u-s.html

So for the top 1% in the US in terms of wealth, those people for whom "money is no object", the top 3 brands they choose to drive is Benz, BMW and Lexus, with Toyota coming in at #4. Out of the "higher end" brands, Porsche is the only one to even be in the Top 10 (excluding the luxury brands in the top 3). Not a single exotic car brand in the top 10. Again, just some FACTS for you.

I'm sure if you were to look at the statistics of billionaires specifically, it would be quite similar.

These are people who have the money to buy ANY brand of car they want, but they CHOOSE and DESIRE to buy primarily brands like BMW, Benz and Lexus along with Toyota. Nobody forces them, and they have the financial freedom to buy pretty much anything, but that is what they mainly CHOOSE to buy.

So please BNR34, no point in pushing your opinions as facts, when clearly the FACTS say otherwise. Just because YOU don't like the styling of Lexus cars, regardless of what the cost is, doesn't mean other people don't.
Old 01-05-12, 09:23 AM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
So please BNR34, no point in pushing your opinions as facts, when clearly the FACTS say otherwise. Just because YOU don't like the styling of Lexus cars, regardless of what the cost is, doesn't mean other people don't.
My opinions are facts, it is all in our heads, I believe what I believe.

What you posted are too long, not reading them.
Old 01-05-12, 09:39 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,112 Likes on 1,289 Posts

Guys lets knock off the personal comments please.
Old 01-05-12, 08:54 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

I think we are going to finally see the ES grow to about the size of an Avalon.

I think Lexus can seriously conquest Caddy DTS/Lucerne owners and a Avalon can fit hybrid effectively.
Old 01-05-12, 09:09 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by LexsCTJill
I think we are going to finally see the ES grow to about the size of an Avalon.

I think Lexus can seriously conquest Caddy DTS/Lucerne owners and a Avalon can fit hybrid effectively.
Lol wut

The dts and Lucerne are dead.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Next-Gen Lexus ES (ES350 and ES300h confirmed)