Parking Sensor Alert Volume Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-15, 02:45 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The suspense is killing us!!!
Just kidding
Well, some Lexus models support that setting and some don't, it's tough to say without connecting to the car first. But as swfla mentioned, you don't have to pay anything for Carista itself in order to see what's supported by your particular car.

By the way, the 2008 ES350 that we got our sample data from did not have parking sensors at all, so that sample list shouldn't be an indication of what parking-sensor-related settings are supported on the ES.

Actually, would any of you who have the OBD adapter be willing to send us "debug data" from your car? On iOS, just open the slide-out menu on the home screen and tap "Collect debug data". On Android there's the same function in our beta ("Debug menu" -> "Collect debug data"), but the that debug menu is hidden in the regular release version. In order to get it to show up, you have to tap on the "Version 2.2" label five times in a row. Thanks very much in advance. This will help us post a more complete list of supported settings for the 5th-gen ES.
Old 04-22-15, 05:48 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Received 1,209 Likes on 956 Posts

You can count on my feedback after my OBD2 dongle arrives. '09 ES 350
Old 04-22-15, 05:55 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by liquidz
Might be a little late, but I'll chime in. I have the 2009 Lexus ES350 Luxury Package. I have the OBD Cable and Toyota Techstream software on my laptop. I plugged everything in hoping to increase the volume for the parking sensors. To my disappointment, the volume adjustment for the parking sensor through TechStream is the same volume adjustment you get on the Navi touchscreen when you push the "Info" button --> "Parking Sensor" option, in other words there are five levels that can be adjusted on the Lexus Navi touchscreen which is the same five volume levels adjusted through Techstream software.

In addition, the picture posted by ayonnebay is the exact same options I saw using TechStream. So don't get your hopes up.

Finally, I think it may have to do with the pitch of the beeping that makes it not loud enough. But either way, there is no fix for it.
Thanks for the input. As I'm in my 50s, I did a hearing test. Most folks lose the higher frequencies first. Not that they're lost but require higher volume. For me it drops off at about 12khz. A graphic equalizer will make a difference for me with music.
Old 04-24-15, 10:48 AM
swfla
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by liquidz
Might be a little late, but I'll chime in. I have the 2009 Lexus ES350 Luxury Package. I have the OBD Cable and Toyota Techstream software on my laptop. I plugged everything in hoping to increase the volume for the parking sensors. To my disappointment, the volume adjustment for the parking sensor through TechStream is the same volume adjustment you get on the Navi touchscreen when you push the "Info" button --> "Parking Sensor" option, in other words there are five levels that can be adjusted on the Lexus Navi touchscreen which is the same five volume levels adjusted through Techstream software.

In addition, the picture posted by ayonnebay is the exact same options I saw using TechStream. So don't get your hopes up.

Finally, I think it may have to do with the pitch of the beeping that makes it not loud enough. But either way, there is no fix for it.
Liquidz, you are 100% correct. I had already placed my order and after receiving it today, I was able to confirm what you observed. BTW, the folks at Carista are really helpful. If you can send the data they requested in a previous post in this thread, it'll help many Lexus owners in the future.
Old 09-16-19, 02:45 PM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oldgrump
Drive away from that dealer as fast as you legally can and never go back. Your '09 ES350 Owner's Manual clearly states that a dealer can change the Parking Assist warning volume.......Page 155. It's originally set to Level 3 by default. IF you have Navigation you can change all sorts of settings including the Park Assist volume etc., yourself. This is all in your Navigation Manual. Both Manuals list this function and others under "Customization" as nevernu explained.

You are correct. In the 2009 Lexus ES350 Owners Manual on page 155 it starts explaining about he parking sensor from page 155-160. On page 450 intuitive parking assist (says buzzer volume set at Level 3 on default setting and can be set from Level 1-5 in customized setting). Probably done by the dealer or the Carista OBD2 Bluetooth module. I have one on order and will test for the sensor volume when it arrives. I will also need to download the $10/ week Carista app from iTunes to test or can use the 30 days free trial of the Carista pro version app and end the service before the 30 days to cancel the subscription after testing.