Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 (2007 - 2012)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Removing door panels/changing speakers. Xander?

Old 03-30-15, 01:13 PM   #1
Lexample
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Removing door panels/changing speakers. Xander?

I'm going to remove my door panels soon. I have a window that won't roll down (It got frozen shut over the winter and the mechanics inside have disengaged from the glass) and I plan to upgrade my speakers. Xander, I've read your mod thread, just wanted to know if you or anyone else had any other tips that weren't mentioned there. Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Lexample is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 04:16 PM   #2
xanderES
Lead Lap
Trader Score: (7)

Now I know how nevernu feels like when he gets summoned to a thread.

When you put back on the door panel remove the top strip from the door panel and clip it onto the door. Then simply push the door panel back on.
There are slots at the bottom of the strip that you push in which releases the tabs that holds it in.

Other than that its just simply the items you need to integrate the aftermarket speakers to the stock navigation system.

Robert has a good writeup on what else you need. I've also commented on those threads over the years so you can search for them for what exactly you need.
93 Black 300zx TT
xanderES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-15, 04:44 PM   #3
Lexample
Driver School Candidate

Thanks! I'll look for Robert's thread too.
Old 03-30-15, 11:21 PM   #4
xanderES
Lead Lap

Yeah sorry to be so vague but to be honest I cant remember my exact setup anymore. I've done too many installs for friends and myself since I last had the ES.

If you're looking for my exact setup, search the threads asking about speaker replacement/audio upgrades and you'll find my old posts listing what I used.
93 Black 300zx TT
Old 03-31-15, 03:02 PM   #5
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexample View Post
Thanks! I'll look for Robert's thread too.
Check my profile and find the longer of the 2 threads I have started here.

I didn't even pull my panels off. It's faster for me to pull the bottom of the panel out and reach up. Then again, my arms are longer than a full grown mountain gorilla.
Robert_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-15, 05:27 PM   #6
Lexample
Driver School Candidate

Ha! Don't think my arms are that long LOL. Thanks Guys!
Old 04-03-15, 11:25 AM   #7
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Lay down on a few books to keep you off the garage floor. There's a picture on page 3 of me "in action" with the door speakers.

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/es35...-a-2007-a.html
Old 04-04-15, 09:21 AM   #8
xanderES
Lead Lap

I knew that thread was somewhere!

Went to it to see if you were NBA basketball status with those long arms. Was disappointed

Ill link it in the future to anyone who asks about installing aftermarket audio.
93 Black 300zx TT
Old 04-04-15, 09:40 AM   #9
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderES View Post
I knew that thread was somewhere!

Went to it to see if you were NBA basketball status with those long arms. Was disappointed

Ill link it in the future to anyone who asks about installing aftermarket audio.
My b-ball career consisted of pickup games in my parent driveway. I was nicknamed Akeem after Mr. Olajuwon of the U of Houston (at the time) because of my unusual ability to block shots even on guys who were 5" taller than me.

My athletic prowess continued into college intramural where I finished with a career total of 15 points (over 4 years) while shooting 5 of 6 from the field. My only miss came on a breakaway dunk that I pinned on the front of the rim and landed on my back. The 5 made shots came in a single game and were all 3 pointers.

My defensive skills are not awesome due to the fact that we lost all but one game. Our worst loss was by 108 points at the hands of Omega Psi Phi.
Old 04-04-15, 09:40 AM