Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 (2007 - 2012)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Missfire

Old 02-24-15, 11:38 PM   #1
Abolhon
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Missfire

Hey guys, i have a 2007 es350 , i bought it recently and i have a knock when u started after sitting a while . I thought it's the cam gears becuase lexus got a problem with this , and i got it in my previous is250 , and i had to sell it . I took it to the dealrship and they told there is nothing with the cam gears it just have a miss fire and u have to change the drive belt. In my previous is 250 , i hear the knock all the time.however, in this es, there is no knock in the mornings , sometime it happens after sitting less than 10 hours, so my question is does the random miss fir is not giving a preformance to the engine or its becuase of the drive belt and the code is p0355
Appreciate it guys many thanks for this website. Also it has a crank shaft sensor , they told me it's easy to fix and it's cheap , so maybe this cause the knock , thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by Abolhon; 02-24-15 at 11:43 PM.. Reason: Forget to mention something
Abolhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-15, 06:08 PM   #2
jagtoes
Lead Lap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abolhon View Post
Hey guys, i have a 2007 es350 , i bought it recently and i have a knock when u started after sitting a while . I thought it's the cam gears becuase lexus got a problem with this , and i got it in my previous is250 , and i had to sell it . I took it to the dealrship and they told there is nothing with the cam gears it just have a miss fire and u have to change the drive belt. In my previous is 250 , i hear the knock all the time.however, in this es, there is no knock in the mornings , sometime it happens after sitting less than 10 hours, so my question is does the random miss fir is not giving a preformance to the engine or its becuase of the drive belt and the code is p0355
Appreciate it guys many thanks for this website. Also it has a crank shaft sensor , they told me it's easy to fix and it's cheap , so maybe this cause the knock , thanks
P0355 says that ignition coil for #5 cylinder is not functioning correctly. Do you have any other codes besides this one. If this is the only one then you would need to replace #5 coil and I would suggest spark plug too.
jagtoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-15, 06:22 PM   #3
Wht95scort
Driver

If the dealer said your drive belt is causing your missfire find a new dealer. As stated above the code you said is for cyl #5 which is bank 2 middle coil.(near firewall). If you look at your coils chances are you have round style coils which in the early Es would fail. The new style have a square shape. I would have your dealer replace the rear or bank 2 coils as its only time before the others go. The front 3 are easy to change if they were to go bad.
Wht95scort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-15, 06:08 PM   #4
Abolhon
Driver School Candidate

I found it it cylinder number 5 but the problem is why it's making this noise when i start it . Also, when it's cold really cold there is no noise when u start it . I think it's maybe the missfire , or the belt , and i hope it's not the cam gears
Old 03-04-15, 06:09 PM   #5
Abolhon
Driver School Candidate

Guys is there any ideas about the knock ? Maybe it's on of the pullies in the drive belt ?
Old 03-05-15, 02:32 PM   #6
LjeksesES
Driver

Take a video and put it on youtube.
Old 03-05-15, 02:32 PM