Print Wikipost

Installing navigation on ES 350

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-12, 03:53 PM
tlebeda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing navigation on ES 350

I do not have navigation installed in my 2009 ES 350. I have been doing research on the best way to add it and most of what I've read says not to do it. I am wondering if I purchase the factory navigation unit from a salvage yard, which I have found for $350 out of an 09 ES 350, can I install it into my car? If so would I need additional hardware or will it plug into my car by taking out the existing unti and just replacing it with the navagation one? If anyone has advice for me I would grealty appreciate it. I don't want to purchase it then find out it can not be installed. I know the Flyradio is an option as well. And I would need an antenna.
Old 09-10-12, 05:56 PM
jacobjohn
Driver

wow, OEM nav for 350! that's pretty crazy of a deal, even from a salvage yard. I would also like to know if it will be a straight plug and play.
Old 09-10-12, 05:59 PM
vicsis250
Pole Position

You will also need to pull out the shark fin for the antenna and possible the surrounding housing too.
Old 09-11-12, 04:57 AM
RickC5
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

It may be as simple as a plug-and-play swap, or maybe not! Since the NAV head unit controls the radio & HVAC systems in addition to NAV, the plugs on the back may be different.

I would try & do much more research before I dropped $350 on something that might not be returnable.
Old 09-13-12, 02:08 PM
jacobjohn
Driver

you may also need to get the rear camera, just in-case
Old 09-13-12, 06:16 PM
dreyfus

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

As has correctly been stated above, there are a lot more electronics involved than just the head unit.

Even with the killer deal on the head unit, I think the safest bet is to go with an after market unit.

If you're still determined to go all Lexus, make sure to check out the wiring involved via https://techinfo.toyota.com for $15 for a two-day window.
Old 09-14-12, 07:33 AM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dreyfus
As has correctly been stated above, there are a lot more electronics involved than just the head unit.

Even with the killer deal on the head unit, I think the safest bet is to go with an after market unit.

If you're still determined to go all Lexus, make sure to check out the wiring involved via https://techinfo.toyota.com for $15 for a two-day window.
A good double DIN head unit with navigation or a new Pioneer that will communicate with a bluetooth phone app. The phone navigation will appear on the screen.
Old 09-16-12, 07:54 PM
bonroad
Driver School Candidate

Default help !!! for o9 ES350

Hi,my sister bought gps navigation for ES350 (North America version),after installation,the airbag safty lights were turned on,anyone can help ?
Old 09-17-12, 03:18 PM
jacobjohn
Driver

Originally Posted by bonroad
Hi,my sister bought gps navigation for ES350 (North America version),after installation,the airbag safty lights were turned on,anyone can help ?
i think that's a known error for this type of navigation.
Old 09-18-12, 12:20 AM
bonroad
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation do you think this problem can be solved ?

Originally Posted by jacobjohn
i think that's a known error for this type of navigation.
Hi friend,do you know how to solve this problem ?
Modify something or add something ?
Old 05-01-13, 12:05 PM
pica
Driver School Candidate

Hi Bonroad or anybody, please leave some feedback about this unit, it look promising.

Thanks
Old 05-01-13, 07:08 PM
flipp4
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pica
Hi Bonroad or anybody, please leave some feedback about this unit, it look promising.

Thanks
Hey, I'm selling my flyaudio nav unit, it has no poblems whatsoever, I got it on ebay, its the one for $800, and it is a complete plug and play, and comes with all wiring and gps antenna and microphone for bluetooth calling, check out my ad
Old 05-01-13, 07:16 PM
flipp4
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tlebeda
I do not have navigation installed in my 2009 ES 350. I have been doing research on the best way to add it and most of what I've read says not to do it. I am wondering if I purchase the factory navigation unit from a salvage yard, which I have found for $350 out of an 09 ES 350, can I install it into my car? If so would I need additional hardware or will it plug into my car by taking out the existing unti and just replacing it with the navagation one? If anyone has advice for me I would grealty appreciate it. I don't want to purchase it then find out it can not be installed. I know the Flyradio is an option as well. And I would need an antenna.
Im selling my flyaudio nav/dvd unit. It has no problems at all, 100% working condition, im selling it because my tranny went in my car last week, gonna get rid of the car so I took the nav out and put the factory radio back in. My ad is on ebay, its the unit for $800, I believe i paid about $1500 for it new. I know that you cant just swap OEM nav into a non nav car, theres more components than just the screen, you need the hard drive, antenna, and the wiring harness is different. I've had the fly audio in my car for over a year now and have no regrets whatsoever. Like I said, only selling it because im getting rid of the car via insurance claim, and every dollar i get will got towrds the new car. Check out my add on ebay and if you have any questions feel free to message me anytime.
Old 05-02-13, 08:09 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

damm if i knew that above system even exsisted i didn't find any info on a aftermarket navi system made for the ES350
i would have picked up the 08 the dealer had without navi less miles same price
Old 05-02-13, 08:17 AM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

GO AFTERMARKET!!!! It's not as hard as everyone makes it sound, plus if u plan to upgrade your speakers aftermarket is the way to go. I added my link to my aftermarket NAV install but there are plenty of good threads on here that will save you time, money and headaches.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/es3...od-thread.html
Attached Thumbnails Installing navigation on ES 350-image.jpg  

Quick Reply: Installing navigation on ES 350