1st Time Lexus Owner Here

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-14, 07:32 AM
Sammy82
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1st Time Lexus Owner Here

Hello all,

I just got myself a UL 2007 Lexus ES 350 last month and I am loving it so far.

However I would love to know the entire ins and out of the car, what i should look out for, things i should be careful about etc.

So here are my constraints:

1. I live in Nigeria, dealerships are almost non existent here and expertise is quite expensive.
2. I have only one key fob

My current issues are:

1. My Emergency Flashers are not working, however the pointers work. (i have checked the fuses and they are fine)
2. My voice recognition seems not to like my accent, when i say "setup" it plays satellite radio (is there a way to play around with the setting for voice recognition)
3. When I am on rough roads, I get a lot of feedback on the steering wheel, what should i be worried about here?
4. My Wipers are supposed to be rain sensitive but they don't seem to work. Is there a setting I am missing?
5. My Steering Wheel doesn't go up and down, it only goes front and back. Rather than go up and down, it jerks slightly to the left or right, dependent on where. What could be wrong?

That's all I can remember at the moment.

I really would appreciate any information that can aid in fixing the issues above before I go looking for an "expert"

Thanks.
Old 12-15-14, 08:39 AM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

welcome, and good luck. I think it takes a brave man to buy a complicated vehicle like this without nearby dealer support.

re the rain sensing you know the wiper stalk has to be in the next to off position?

Last edited by nevernu; 12-15-14 at 08:43 AM.
Old 12-15-14, 10:22 AM
Sammy82
Driver School Candidate

Thanks.

Yeah, I put it in that position and it didn't work even though it was raining (more of a drizzle however)

I tend to buy stuff I love at first sight and that was the case with the ES. Also, I have been seeing quite a number of the ES in the wild over here so I'm sure the support is gradually becoming available.
Old 12-15-14, 10:58 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammy82
Thanks.

Yeah, I put it in that position and it didn't work even though it was raining (more of a drizzle however)

I tend to buy stuff I love at first sight and that was the case with the ES. Also, I have been seeing quite a number of the ES in the wild over here so I'm sure the support is gradually becoming available.
Toyota dealerships are a good option for service on your car. It shares many components with the Camry. Probably at a lower cost too.
Old 12-15-14, 10:34 PM
xanderES
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sammy82
My current issues are:

1. My Emergency Flashers are not working, however the pointers work. (i have checked the fuses and they are fine)
2. My voice recognition seems not to like my accent, when i say "setup" it plays satellite radio (is there a way to play around with the setting for voice recognition)
3. When I am on rough roads, I get a lot of feedback on the steering wheel, what should i be worried about here?
4. My Wipers are supposed to be rain sensitive but they don't seem to work. Is there a setting I am missing?
5. My Steering Wheel doesn't go up and down, it only goes front and back. Rather than go up and down, it jerks slightly to the left or right, dependent on where. What could be wrong?
1. There is also a 2nd fuse box on the interior of the drivers side below/behind the steering wheel. Removal of panel needed. Not sure if that fuse would be there but there is a fusebox.
Wheres nevernu with the pdf's!?
2. Nothing you can do about the voice recognition. It sucks even if your english is perfect.
3. No idea. Maybe suspension bushings if yours is a higher mileage? Leaking/blown struts?
4. Use a garden hose to check it when its in auto mode.
5. Could be a broken motor. No idea why it'd jerk left or right though.
Old 12-16-14, 08:40 AM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

here is the wiring pdf for the hazards, just one 15 amp fuse off the battery. Only other thing is the switch/gnd per this second pdf. Good luck getting at it lol.

re the rain sensor there is a tape/gel pad inside the black box on the windshield that can dry out and be cleaned or replaced for a few dollars. see these last three pdfs. be careful that u dont knock the bracket off the windshield, it's a bugger to get it resealed properly so that it will hold. DAMHIK lol
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
tshwl.pdf (104.9 KB, 182 views)
03.pdf (61.2 KB, 178 views)
03rain.pdf (53.0 KB, 174 views)
01rain.pdf (46.7 KB, 196 views)
02rain.pdf (38.1 KB, 174 views)
Old 12-22-14, 01:11 AM
Sammy82
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks

Thanks all, I'll try out the suggestions and let the house know the results.

Cheers.