Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 (2007 - 2012)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Trunk won't pop open, help please

Old 08-07-14, 08:30 AM   #1
HiVltgBlnd
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Trunk won't pop open, help please

If someone or anyone could give me an answer I'd really appreciate it. I'd like to get feedback here before I call the dealer.

When I push the button or use the fob to open the trunk, it opens but the trunk lid does not pop up. I have to pull it up manually. Is there some trick I'm missing? I skimmed the manual but didn't find anything.

ETA: I found my answer. Apparently they don't pop open on the older models, which is ridiculous. They started putting that option on cars years ago! Unbelievable.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!

Last edited by HiVltgBlnd; 08-07-14 at 08:40 AM..
HiVltgBlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 09:08 AM   #2
Nelexus88
Driver

FYI, the new ES 350 trunk lids do not pop fully open either, unless you buy the auto open/close option.

Last edited by Nelexus88; 08-07-14 at 09:12 AM..
Nelexus88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 10:25 AM   #3
xanderES
Pole Position
Trader Score: (4)

Ive seen you on the boards for quite some time now... have you really never used your trunk in that time!?
93 Black 300zx TT - mint condition - Project Car
xanderES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 10:49 AM   #4
LexBob2
Lexus Fanatic

Is this issue a deal breaker or just an annoyance?
LexBob2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-14, 11:04 AM   #5
HiVltgBlnd
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanderES View Post
Ive seen you on the boards for quite some time now... have you really never used your trunk in that time!?

Of course I have. But it's a weekend car so I don't drive it all the time, and I don't use the trunk much. But yesterday I was with somebody with a '97 Park Avenue (it's his grandfather's car and he was taking it to the shop for him), and when his trunk popped open then practically closed with a whisper, that made me think there had to be a malfunction on my car, or a setting I didn't know about.

It just doesn't make any sense for a luxury carmaker to still use green lights and have trunks you have to manually open in 2008.

And I've only been on this forum maybe 3-4 times since I got the car in January. But it's great to know you're paying attention. ;-)
Old 08-07-14, 08:41 PM   #6
HiVltgBlnd
Driver School Candidate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexBob2 View Post
Is this issue a deal breaker or just an annoyance?
Just an annoyance. I love the car but am driving it more lately, am just now personalizing the system. It would have been nice for them to do a master reset - I don't really want to spend hours figuring it out but I want to at least be able to use the GPS. And I'm sure there are other features as well, that I'll start using or just tweak.

The only other thing that bothers me is that the interior has faded and yellowed a little, but I guess that comes with age. And I moved recently and no longer have a carport so it sits out in the sun a lot, which worried me because I've read about melting dashboards.

Also, the original owner apparently wore really dark blue jeans so the driver's seat is stained, but it's really only noticeable in bright light.

And.. I keep thinking of more things .. I just noticed today that there's the beginning of a small .. not a tear, but a place where the leather is so worn it will eventually come apart. It's on the driver's seat and it's very small, but if anyone has any tips for possibly preventing it from getting worse please let me know.

I'd like to change my lights out, too. I can barely see the parking lights, and the headlight, when it gets dark, is that bluish color and the fog lights are white, and I'd like them to match. I know a lot of people change up their lights so I can probably find that info by searching - if it can be done.

I can't believe the trunks are the same on the new cars! That just does not make sense to me.
Old 08-07-14, 08:41 PM