ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Scratched wheel and car wash question

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-14, 09:50 PM
HiVltgBlnd
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scratched wheel and car wash question

I put a tiny scratch on my wheel today that I'm afraid is going to start peeling. The only car wash near me is a drive through - a good one, not the gas station kind - but I'm wondering if the power of the water will affect the scratch over time. I've seen this happen on other people's cars and I don't want it to happen to mine.

Also, when I took it in for a tune-up about a month ago they chipped the driver's side door in several places along the edge, and one of them was bad. They touched it up and put sealant on it but I'm worried the same thing is going to happen, even though they did a great job of hiding it.

I know the easy answer is just not to use that type of car wash, but I don't really have a choice unless I want to go into town, which I don't. Any help is appreciated.
Old 08-06-14, 11:56 AM
mlacomb
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've touched up multiple spots on my hood without "sealant" and they've not come out when using the local Lexus free car wash (which isn't fancy in any way shape or form.) I know, many say don't use those car washes... but meh, it's free and convenient.