Club Lexus Forums

Club Lexus Forums (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   ES350 (2007 - 2012) (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/es350-2007-2012-180/)
-   -   Extended Lexus Warranty (Illinois) (http://www.clublexus.com/forums/es350-2007-2012/748744-extended-lexus-warranty-illinois.html)

crwmlw 07-08-14 01:23 PM

Extended Lexus Warranty (Illinois)
 
Good Afternoon everybody, I just purchased a pre owned 2011 ES350 with 23,500 miles. I'm looking into buying an extended Lexus warranty, I hear that you can no longer buy warranties out of state, I tried a few dealers I used for my past vehicles and they say that Lexus put a stop to it. With this being said does anyone know of a dealer in Illinois that sells reasonably priced warranties? The mark up on these things are insane. I'm looking at a n 8 Year/100,000 Mile $0 DED. The prices I'm getting in the Chicago area are around $2300.00, one of the dealers I used years ago in Maryland said if I lived there or knew someone with an address there he would charge me $1350 for the same one!!!! I'm in the Chicago area and if anyone knows of a dealer please let me know. Thanks everyone.

Lexi66 07-08-14 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwmlw (Post 8616482)
Good Afternoon everybody, I just purchased a pre owned 2011 ES350 with 23,500 miles. I'm looking into buying an extended Lexus warranty, I hear that you can no longer buy warranties out of state, I tried a few dealers I used for my past vehicles and they say that Lexus put a stop to it. With this being said does anyone know of a dealer in Illinois that sells reasonably priced warranties? The mark up on these things are insane. I'm looking at a n 8 Year/100,000 Mile $0 DED. The prices I'm getting in the Chicago area are around $2300.00, one of the dealers I used years ago in Maryland said if I lived there or knew someone with an address there he would charge me $1350 for the same one!!!! I'm in the Chicago area and if anyone knows of a dealer please let me know. Thanks everyone.

Just curious what you paid for the low mileage and if it has navigation. Thanks!

crwmlw 07-08-14 03:33 PM

Loaded
 
Yes, Premium Package, HID Headlights, Parking assist, wood grain stering wheel and shift knob, Navigation etc. I paid $25,300

Lexi66 07-08-14 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwmlw (Post 8616716)
Yes, Premium Package, HID Headlights, Parking assist, wood grain stering wheel and shift knob, Navigation etc. I paid $25,300

Sweet price. Good for you!

crwmlw 07-08-14 06:58 PM

Thanks
 
Thanks, I love it

crwmlw 07-09-14 05:47 AM

Anyone?
 
Anyone know of a dealer that wony gouge prices on a warranty or a work around buying out of state?

ThumperPup 07-09-14 12:29 PM

I wonder why Lexus now won;'t allow a dealer to sell a warranty to someone who does not live their that just seems like crap.

John U 07-09-14 08:42 PM

The dealers put pressure to stop discounting by a few. You can still purchase a discounted warranty out of state....but you must travel to that state and buy it in their dealership.

crwmlw 07-10-14 05:51 AM

Exactly
 
Exactly right, getting an airline ticket to travel from Chicago to Maryland, get a cab etc wouldnt be worth the headache. I just dont see what they are gaining.... They will sell it to me out of state as long as i purchase in that state!! Chicago area dealers are getting top dollar, Id like to be kissed before getting FU%^&ED !! Anyone on here know where I can get a better deal?

LexBob2 07-10-14 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwmlw (Post 8617547)
Anyone know of a dealer that wony gouge prices on a warranty or a work around buying out of state?

Have you tried the Lexus dealer in NW Indiana (Merrillville)? Depending on where you live it wouldn't be too bad of a drive if they offer you a better price than here in the Chicago area.

This dealership has the same ownership as Orland Park, but maybe they can do better on pricing.

Or maybe checking with dealers in Milwaukee.

crwmlw 07-10-14 10:19 AM

Follow Up
 
Ok everyone, maybe I can help out some others. I called every Lexus dealer within a 250 Mile radius of me (Chicago), I have an '11 ES350 that's still under factory care. All the prices I've been getting for Lexus Premium care warranties are as follows:

8Year/75,000 $0DED $1720.00
8Year/100,000 $0DED $2180.00

Bill Cranley (Finance Manager) of Lexus of Naperville quoted me
8Year/75,000 $0DED $1320.00
8Year/100,000 $0DED $1765 Plus 0% interest for 1 year. WOW...Great Deal

EAS 07-10-14 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwmlw (Post 8616716)
Yes, Premium Package, HID Headlights, Parking assist, wood grain stering wheel and shift knob, Navigation etc. I paid $25,300

How much was out the door price? After reg fees and tax. Trying to compare. Mine is the same year and package with 18k miles.

BC93 07-10-14 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crwmlw (Post 8616482)
I'm looking at a n 8 Year/100,000 Mile $0 DED. The prices I'm getting in the Chicago area are around $2300.00, one of the dealers I used years ago in Maryland said if I lived there or knew someone with an address there he would charge me $1350 for the same one!!!!

Can you tell me the name of the Maryland dealer that quoted you $1350? PM me if you would rather.

I'm shopping in Maryland. I've spoken with 3 area dealers and the lowest quote I've gotten for the 8yr/100k so far is $2250. I was going to just forget about it, but if there is a Maryland dealer selling an 8yr/100k Lexus Platinum VSA for $1350, that would be hard to pass up!

crwmlw 07-11-14 08:56 AM

Out the door
 
I paid $28, 036 out the door. I live in Chicago so the tax is 9.75%, $25,300 for the car, around $2500 in tax then title, lic etc.

crwmlw 07-11-14 08:59 AM

Bc93
 
Sorry, I made a mistake with warranty info, The one in Maryland was for our Acura not Lexus. The dealer that quoted me the best price was in Louisiana. Sorry about that


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Copyright © 2000-2008 Internet Brands, Inc. All Rights Reserved