ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Did you know about the Carista app?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-17, 07:19 PM
ESBabe
Driver School Candidate

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by codejd
Yep, this was my experience as well. Seems counterintuitive to have to pop that plastic chrome cover...did you figure out what this means; "Close windows/sunroof via smart key"?
I may not have carista "yet" but im sure that the car never allowed you to close it via the smart key(think that only dealer's can change this). I tried that when I first bought the car after I rolled the window's down with the Smart Key. Then I later went on to find out that you had to roll the windows up using the door handle button's, just wondering have you tried that yet?
Old 12-03-17, 05:19 AM
codejd
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ESBabe
I may not have carista "yet" but im sure that the car never allowed you to close it via the smart key(think that only dealer's can change this). I tried that when I first bought the car after I rolled the window's down with the Smart Key. Then I later went on to find out that you had to roll the windows up using the door handle button's, just wondering have you tried that yet?
You nailed it! That is exactly how mine works from the dealer. Still seems pointless though.

When I picked up my car, the salesman went through a pamphlet of settings explaining to me that it would be a charge of $72 to adjust any in the future.

I really didn't have any problems until I was trying to turn off the "Footwell lighting timeout" which didn't work because I'm now guessing the setting explained through Carista is for a "timeout" after the engine is shut off not while driving the car with the lights on. Solved that with two small piece of electrical tape even though I now know those bulbs just push up & out.

After that I didn't have much luck with any other settings besides getting the seat belt chime turned back off after getting my sticky melting dash & Takata airbag replaced, although I see fairly specific instructions to achieve this without the app;

Originally Posted by Bon
1. Turn the key to the ON position, foot off the brake, door closed, seat belt unbuckled.

2. As soon as the display is on, press the trip button as needed until the ODO is displayed (not trip A or B) AND THEN CONTINUE TO HOLD THE TRIP BUTTON DOWN WITH THE ODO DISPLAYED.

3. Continue to press and hold this same trip button (not the reset button) and hold for about 30 seconds.

4. While still holding the trip button, buckle the driver's side seatbelt. (Can you spell contortionist?)

5. The odometer display should read "b ON" or "b OFF". toggle the beep OFF with the trip button (again not the reset button).

6. Turn off the ignition when you have the setting that you want.
Then I notice this on the OP;

Originally Posted by Carista
Here's a sample customization (LPS) list from a 2008 ES350 (US model, without parking sensors). Your settings may vary depending on equipment and market.
My car has parking sensors, perhaps this is why it doesn't work so well for me.

It did successfully read a bad O2 sensor code on my Toyota MR2 Spyder but when I went to AutoZone to borrow the tool for the repair, they read the code for free.
Old 12-03-17, 07:57 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

In the settings it when it reads the ES350 07 it shows a option to reoll up windows and close sunroof with smart key

when i used the carrista on the 2012 RX350 it does not have that option in it
which means it should work for the ES

there are a few here who have said it did work for them i belive

the Carista APp and OBD2 atachment with it allows you to change settings ESBABE it does show as a option thats avaialble
so what some of us are thinking is we are doing it the wrong way
Old 12-11-17, 06:51 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

does anyone in the U.S with the Carista App notice this that when they are in the settings for the Temperature settings that it only shows options in Celcius not Fahrenheit? or did they send me a unit that is designed for non u.s vehicles? my car was always in the U.S except when it was imported form japan where it was built from my understanding. but should the app still be showing things in C and not oF ? the readouts in my car show Fahrenheit not Celsius
please see photos below
Attached Thumbnails Did you know about the Carista app?-ambient-temp-calibration.png   Did you know about the Carista app?-temp-dial-calibration.png  
Old 12-21-17, 08:27 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

So I figured out what was going on with why it won't allow the windows to roll up or sunroof to close even though there is an option for it in the settings
at least this is how it is for the 2007 ES350 model
The option that says
Open Windows and Sunroof Via long press on the remote Is really only for the Sunroof it should say Open Sunroof via Long Press on the remote
and the option that says Close windows and sunroof via smart key should really be Open Door windows via long press on remote

I had open windows and sunroof ON
and Close Windows and sunroof turned off and when I held the remote the only thing that opened was the sunroof in order to get the door windows to open I had to enable and turn on the closed windows and sunroof via smart key option I have emailed Carista support and told them they need to fix this
I have also set up a return on Amazon for the device because that was the only reason for the purchase
Attached Thumbnails Did you know about the Carista app?-carista-app.png  
Old 01-02-18, 05:57 PM
Lexb
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had Carista for about about a year and a half now and as far as I can see/ read the es350's (at least my generation) will not allow sunroof and window close with the remote. Yes, it's misleading that the app appears to show that it's an option though. I really wanted that feature as well, but I get enough use doing diagnostics and option changes for friends and family so I've kept mind.
Old 01-03-18, 04:43 AM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 77 Posts

Just a question. Not throwing stones at all. But, why would someone really care about them closing remotely? I would never leave mine open when outside or away from it so remotely closing them wouldn’t come into play for me. Just wondering why it’s such a big deal to others. Before I had my remote starter installed I would use the all open function to get the hot air out fast but now I just start the car and let the AC do it’s job. Then I would just get in and roll up the windows. It’s not like we are physically having to roll up the windows or cranking a sun roof closed. I roll up the windows two at a time and the sun roof with one push of the button?
The following users liked this post:
hisstojay (01-03-18)