ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Bought new wheels for the Lexus...!

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-14, 02:50 PM
RainaES350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Bought new wheels for the Lexus...!

Well after 3 attempts (and $1,000) on powdercoating my original wheels, I've determined I was sold an inferior product so I bit the bullet and just ordered some new wheels this morning from Tire Rack which will be here tomorrow...these are 17x8's and I think they'll look very nice against my smokey grey mica...at least they did on their simulator:

I'm re-using my Michelin 215/55's so my ride quality...which I'm trying so hard to preserve...should remain intact.
Old 05-12-14, 03:23 PM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 112 Likes on 100 Posts

what happened to the Round 2 wheels to make you replace them ?
Old 05-12-14, 05:21 PM
RainaES350
Rookie

Originally Posted by nevernu
what happened to the Round 2 wheels to make you replace them ?
Long story short...this cannot be real PC.

The outside cats peed on them while we were on vacation completely staining all 4 wheels.
I took simple wax to one in an attempt to remove it and that only served to rub through the chrome part of the black chrome...I knew they were ruined right then and there.

Then the next day, I took the car in to have it professionally detailed and they sprayed a safe-for-any-wheel finish cleaner on them which turned them all milky and cloudy so after having the whole car painted and the windows tinted, there is no way in hell I'm accepting the wheels looking like *** on my car...every time I look at them I want to hurl...so new wheels it is.

Whatever product they are using isn't real PC, I originally blamed the wheel alignment guys for ruining them but in hindsight, it wasn't their fault...it was the inferior PC this shop is using.

That about sum it up..?
Old 05-13-14, 12:38 PM
Lexi66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by RainaES350
Long story short...this cannot be real PC.

The outside cats peed on them while we were on vacation completely staining all 4 wheels.
I took simple wax to one in an attempt to remove it and that only served to rub through the chrome part of the black chrome...I knew they were ruined right then and there.

Then the next day, I took the car in to have it professionally detailed and they sprayed a safe-for-any-wheel finish cleaner on them which turned them all milky and cloudy so after having the whole car painted and the windows tinted, there is no way in hell I'm accepting the wheels looking like *** on my car...every time I look at them I want to hurl...so new wheels it is.

Whatever product they are using isn't real PC, I originally blamed the wheel alignment guys for ruining them but in hindsight, it wasn't their fault...it was the inferior PC this shop is using.

That about sum it up..?
Just curious... 1). What about the cat problem? 2). What year is it?
Old 05-13-14, 08:41 PM
RainaES350
Rookie

Originally Posted by Lexi66
Just curious... 1). What about the cat problem? 2). What year is it?
Love the outside cats and feed them daily, they have been here ever since we moved in 9 years ago...wasn't their fault I was sold an inferior product unable to withstand even water.

I received the wheels exactly 26 hours after ordering them...gotta love Tire Rack...and installed them today.
I think they look fantastic and will post up some new pics tomorrow after I wash the car...stay tuned.

Car is an '08 with slightly less than 20k on it...
Old 05-14-14, 08:56 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

nice reminds me of the 07+ gs350 wheels....
Old 05-14-14, 11:10 AM
RainaES350
Rookie

Thumbs up Mounted...

I'm happy, they fill the wheelwells better being 8's vs 7's which always looked kinda sucked in to me, especially when viewing the car from behind:

Sent the wifey a picture (she's in FL) and she approved...!