ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2011 ES350 Project

Old 04-20-14, 06:29 PM
EAS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2011 ES350 Project

Have a project

Last edited by EAS; 06-29-15 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-21-14, 03:33 PM
John U
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Question 4: Yes, standard wheel.
Question 5: Sounds like you have purchased the car and are getting it repaired so your committed to it and the dollars involved are okay with you...that's all that matters. Cars depreciate everyday that you own them. It comes down to how much money you want to spend to transport you around for X amount of years and you then get rid of it for less then you paid for it.
Enjoy!
Old 05-12-14, 10:19 AM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

did you buy it from a auction ?
Old 05-12-14, 12:54 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

id have it checked out on a frame machine have it mesured make sure before you go and do all the work that the rails are at spec
mine had a bad accident but didn't seem so bad ended up being just under 18k to repair and the car had a 19k value they still fixed it rather then total out because they had already put alot into it

but make sure that your front rails are good and in spec

what did you pay for the car ?
id hope in that condition that it cost you no more than about 5-6k
Old 05-12-14, 02:39 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by EAS
You're probably not familiar with that world, since your estimates regarding the car are a little bit off. I paid 15 after auction fee and tax. This car looks "bad" on the picture, but it really is not in a bad condition, it runs and drives and has no airbags issues. One of the rails is half inch off, and front end parts are needed. Approximately 1500-2000 parts and approximately 1500 labor. The only bad part, is that my mechanic just started working on it since he had a 15-20 cars there when I brought it in. Normally it would have been ready by now.

It also seems that somebody "worked" on you, if they fixed a car for the price of its value. Even if they gave you 50% discount and made it sound like a good deal.

Yes, IAA.

no insruance company aproved it and it was a dealer that did it and i know and trust the director of this body shop at JM lexus he is a good guy hes not in it to make others poor and himself rich
he even replaced the dash for me at no charge when lexus wanted me to pay half he took that and didn't charge me a dime for anymore of it

what year is this car you got ?
sorry but i feel buying a car in that condition is just as bad as buying salave title car
and the price should not be 15k that you paid no matter what
in my opinion

no need to get defensive about it

you could have gone to a dealership and bought one allready all together no accident same options for the same price you paid for that
how much is it going to cost you to have the repair done right the rail replace and have all th eparts installed painted and taken care of
2k for parts good
im guessing unless your friends with the owner of that shop
there is a good 20 hours of labor if not more
at what probably 65 an hour
and thats on the low end for a collision shop
so your at another what 2k after taxes to fix the car so now you paid 15k for the car 2k for parts another 2k or 3k when all is said and done so 19-20k in my opinion only if the car had been from a lot with a warranty and certified
Old 05-12-14, 06:06 PM
Alexbenz
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

There's no way in hell you can find what he bought clean n clear title for what he paided. I see nothing wrong with the car. With those miles its brand new.
Old 05-12-14, 07:04 PM
RainaES350
Rookie

Better man then me...I'm willing to guess you'll have serious dollars in that car when all's said and done but hey...someone's gotta keep this economy rolling, right?
Old 05-13-14, 02:53 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by Alexbenz
There's no way in hell you can find what he bought clean n clear title for what he paided. I see nothing wrong with the car. With those miles its brand new.
just realized the yeaer sorry ab0out that saw its an 2011
but still i think 15k is high for a car that probably is costing around 4 to 5 k to fix
Old 05-13-14, 03:18 PM
flashman03
Driver School Candidate

Isn't a 2011 going for well over $25000 used?
Old 05-13-14, 05:47 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Looks fixable and I've seen worse get repaired. I guess the only question I would ask is does it have a salvage title or did the insurance company pay out to have it repaired. When you put it on the road what will a carfax report say. You could also try to get the title washed if is listed as salvage. Good luck and have fun.
Old 05-14-14, 01:25 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Looks fixable and I've seen worse get repaired. I guess the only question I would ask is does it have a salvage title or did the insurance company pay out to have it repaired. When you put it on the road what will a carfax report say. You could also try to get the title washed if is listed as salvage. Good luck and have fun.
another thing im curious about is how come the insurance company choose not to fix it if these cars are selling for around 25k or even higher
how come they wouldn't choose to put between 5 and 10k or even 15k to fix it

mine only had a Market value of 18k but gieco fixed it and spent after 3 supplements almost 16,500 i think or somewhere around there
Old 05-14-14, 01:27 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

also with it being a salvage title have you checked into what its going to cost to insure and if something does happen how they will cover it
will they come back and tell you its worth alot less then it should be since its a salvage
and are they charging you lower primumes then they would if it was not a salvage ?
or the same primumes but probably will consider it to be worth less ?
Old 05-14-14, 04:58 PM
EAS
Rookie

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
also with it being a salvage title have you checked into what its going to cost to insure and if something does happen how they will cover it
will they come back and tell you its worth alot less then it should be since its a salvage
and are they charging you lower primumes then they would if it was not a salvage ?
or the same primumes but probably will consider it to be worth less ?
As far as I know it is about the same. I was in accident in older salvaged car before and they went by blue book when they were totaling the car. It was like 5 years ago. I am not sure 100%. But my insurance was about the same, I have other salvage cars on my policy.
Old 05-14-14, 05:42 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by EAS
As far as I know it is about the same. I was in accident in older salvaged car before and they went by blue book when they were totaling the car. It was like 5 years ago. I am not sure 100%. But my insurance was about the same, I have other salvage cars on my policy.
you might want to check
cause thats another thing that would keep me from getting a salave vehicle you know isnurance laws change all the time what was 5 years ago a state requirment for insurance might not be now
so best to check
Old 05-14-14, 08:38 PM
EAS
Rookie

ThumperPup,

I'm fine. Quick search showed that most companies consider paying off full price in the event of total loss and some 80%. Don't want to sound too mean or anything, but I have no interest in replying to your concerns about my car. It's not like I'm selling it to you, anyway, right? You output some negative vibes at times.

Thanks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 ES350 Project