ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

'07 Door Lock Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-14, 08:10 AM
Tungstn-IS
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts
Default '07 Door Lock Issue

My mom is having an issue with her door locks on her 2007 ES350. I haven't been down to check it out or try to replicate it yet. It seems very strange to me so I wanted to ask if anyone has heard/seen anything like this (me not being an ES owner).

She pulls up to the gas station and shuts the car off to fill up. Get out, shuts the door and both front doors lock on her. Naturally the key would be left in her purse, so she has to climb in through the back to unlock the doors. She said it has happened multiple times lately and it's only the front doors (which I guess is a good thing, better than all four anyway). I just can't see how you could cause that to happen, as accidentally hitting the fob or the lock switch would lock them all. Also considering the smart key usually never lets you lock yourself out.

I'm going to go down this weekend and see if I can replicate the issue and figure out what is happening or how it is being caused. I just wanted to see if any of you ES owners have seen such a strange issue

.....or maybe my mother is just crazy lol
Old 04-17-14, 03:32 PM
Robert_J
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tungstn-IS
My mom is having an issue with her door locks on her 2007 ES350. I haven't been down to check it out or try to replicate it yet. It seems very strange to me so I wanted to ask if anyone has heard/seen anything like this (me not being an ES owner).

She pulls up to the gas station and shuts the car off to fill up. Get out, shuts the door and both front doors lock on her. Naturally the key would be left in her purse, so she has to climb in through the back to unlock the doors. She said it has happened multiple times lately and it's only the front doors (which I guess is a good thing, better than all four anyway). I just can't see how you could cause that to happen, as accidentally hitting the fob or the lock switch would lock them all. Also considering the smart key usually never lets you lock yourself out.

I'm going to go down this weekend and see if I can replicate the issue and figure out what is happening or how it is being caused. I just wanted to see if any of you ES owners have seen such a strange issue

.....or maybe my mother is just crazy lol
That's odd because I've tried to lock the doors using the door handle button with my wife's purse in the car (cabin or trunk) and the car refuses to lock. I have to pull out my FOB and use the button to prove to the car that there is at least one key outside of the car.
Old 04-18-14, 05:12 AM
mlacomb
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have an issue at one of my client's offices to where a cell tower is close. If I don't have the key near the windshield area to lock/unlock/pop the trunk, no go - the cell tower is creating interference that isn't allowing the key to reach the car. Additionally, I have to hold the key up to the start button to start it back up.

I've left it unlocked several times at this location just to avoid the hassle - previously, I'd pop the hatch over the driver door and manually unlock. Where's the fun in that though.

tl;dr: Key isn't being seen even in car because of interference.