ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

lip spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-13, 12:35 AM
qboy3388
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lip spoiler?

Hi guys, I've been thinking adding a spoiler to my car lately. I can get a factory one for about $260 or buy a painted factory style one off ebay for about $100 plus $50 shipping (I'm in Canada). I also saw some lip style spoilers on ebay for like $40 painted. The lip style ones seem like a good deal since it's so cheap and maybe bring a more unique style to my ES350? I'm just wondering if anyone has lip style spoiler installed on their ES350? Please kindly show me some pictures if possible! Thank you!!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Light-Weight-Painted-Trunk-Lip-Spoiler-LEXUS-ES240-ES350-XV40-2007-2012-Sedan-/271276077987?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f295073a3&vxp=mtrhttp://www.ebay.com/itm/Pre-painted-Trunk-Deck-Lip-Spoiler-Lexus-ES350-2007-2011-/281151239915?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4175eb76eb&vxp=mtr
Old 11-07-13, 02:40 AM
xanderES
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You're most likely not going to find anyone on here that has experimented with anything but an OEM trunk spoiler.

Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that other than a handful of individuals who barely frequent this forum anymore and myself, few have even attempted to modify the ES350. Even my FS part out thread which is the only one I've ever seen of its kind has had minimum interest.

Will those ebay items work? Possibly. Although the fit and finish is anyones guess. If you're willing to roll the dice on them to see if they work go ahead. Just be prepared to take the hit on them if it doesn't work out.
Old 11-07-13, 04:09 AM
dman00001
Rookie

I bought a pre-painted OEM style on ebay about two years ago, installed it myself, and have been happy ever since. Of course, you may or may not have a similar experience depending on the seller, the item, and the installer.
Old 11-07-13, 05:55 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

kt does add a different look to the ES350. My 2011 came factory equipped and it changes the rear look.
Old 11-08-13, 12:37 AM
qboy3388
Rookie

Originally Posted by xanderES
You're most likely not going to find anyone on here that has experimented with anything but an OEM trunk spoiler.

Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that other than a handful of individuals who barely frequent this forum anymore and myself, few have even attempted to modify the ES350. Even my FS part out thread which is the only one I've ever seen of its kind has had minimum interest.

Will those ebay items work? Possibly. Although the fit and finish is anyones guess. If you're willing to roll the dice on them to see if they work go ahead. Just be prepared to take the hit on them if it doesn't work out.
ya... i know what u mean... i really don't see many people modify their ES350s. There isn't many after market parts for ES350 anywayz. I will share some pics if i ever decided to go for the ebay lip style spoilers. My girl wants me to just get the OEM one but o well... I really want something different or unique when i spend $$ on my car.
Old 11-08-13, 12:38 AM
qboy3388
Rookie

Originally Posted by dman00001
I bought a pre-painted OEM style on ebay about two years ago, installed it myself, and have been happy ever since. Of course, you may or may not have a similar experience depending on the seller, the item, and the installer.
Good to know. Did u have to drill holes for the spoiler like the OEM ones?
Old 11-08-13, 12:40 AM
qboy3388
Rookie

Originally Posted by garsarno
kt does add a different look to the ES350. My 2011 came factory equipped and it changes the rear look.
I've had my car for about 5 years and I wanna change the look a bit cuz I don't think I'm getting a new car anytime soon lol.
Old 11-08-13, 03:48 AM
dman00001
Rookie

Originally Posted by qboy3388
Good to know. Did u have to drill holes for the spoiler like the OEM ones?
Yes, it came with the double sided tape as well as the nuts and bolts to drill it through the trunk. It took me about an hour to install using both tape and bolts.
Old 11-08-13, 05:02 AM
igzy
Lead Lap

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts

Just a word of caution if you end up getting a larger spoiler (heavier) to make sure the trunk bars can still hold the trunk up when you open it. Last thing you need is it falling on your head

Most styles come with double sided tape, considering that you are in Canada too, I would not drill the trunk, you may be then at risk of getting salt (or salty water) in there and rust at those holes...
Old 11-08-13, 07:06 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

i would go with the oem spoiler if you must have one no messing around with fit and makeing sure it is going work and last

i have been thinking of it but i have more important things as a college student at the time that i need to spend the money on
the next thing i spend on the car is going to be a tint job which i have been saving up for the past few months for every month i take a little extra money or some of my money out of my kicking around fund and put it into a shoe box to spend on the car
Old 11-08-13, 12:20 PM
Lexi66
Pole Position

Originally Posted by garsarno
I have a 2011 ES bought new. Don't remember it being part of the package, but
definitely about a $500 addition.
Old 11-08-13, 10:37 PM
qboy3388
Rookie

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
i would go with the oem spoiler if you must have one no messing around with fit and makeing sure it is going work and last

i have been thinking of it but i have more important things as a college student at the time that i need to spend the money on
the next thing i spend on the car is going to be a tint job which i have been saving up for the past few months for every month i take a little extra money or some of my money out of my kicking around fund and put it into a shoe box to spend on the car
ya man. I'm still thinking if i should take the chance and go for an ebay one. I like my car to be a bit different than others but of course OEM is the safe way to go. I may have my windows tinted soon too. But I'm still debating cuz in Vancouver we cannot tint the front drivers & passenger windows which IMO doesn't look "complete".
Old 11-09-13, 07:16 AM
playa3uhh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would go factory spoiler. It's expensive, but it completely changes the look of the rear and it is molded to contour the body lines of the car. Let us know how it goes! I'm thinking about getting the rear spoiler soon for my '09 ES350 soon!
Old 11-09-13, 07:41 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by qboy3388
ya man. I'm still thinking if i should take the chance and go for an ebay one. I like my car to be a bit different than others but of course OEM is the safe way to go. I may have my windows tinted soon too. But I'm still debating cuz in Vancouver we cannot tint the front drivers & passenger windows which IMO doesn't look "complete".
maybe go to your eye dr have him right something maybe there is a chance you can go past leagal limits on tint for eye and vision conditions
i know in the U.S there are some states
that have exceptions but its not to easy to get but you can
Old 11-09-13, 02:35 PM
qboy3388
Rookie

Originally Posted by playa3uhh
I would go factory spoiler. It's expensive, but it completely changes the look of the rear and it is molded to contour the body lines of the car. Let us know how it goes! I'm thinking about getting the rear spoiler soon for my '09 ES350 soon!
That's what my girl says too.. even if I decided to go for OEM style .. I still need to make up my mind either going for the factory one or eBay one to save $100ish lol.. always hard to make decisions for me haha.

Quick Reply: lip spoiler?