ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Is it possible to change these settings like the Lexus personal settings?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-13, 12:29 AM
qboy3388
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Is it possible to change these settings like the Lexus personal settings?

Hi guys!
I'm planning to upgrade some lights in my 08 ES350 to LEDs and fogs to HID. And there's some settings I'd love to change if possible. I notice some cars' headlights turn on when the cars are unlocked with the fob. Is it possible to have my car set like that? Also, I remember when I was browsing around on the forum about light mods, someone said his 07 ES350 puddle lamps turn on when the fob is near no matter if the car's locked or not. But mine only turn on when the car's locked. Could someone confirm this? Again, is it possible to have this setting on my car? Thanks again!!
Old 10-06-13, 07:40 AM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts

seems to me if the lights come on when u unlock, they should come on when ur range per below

EX FOOT LIGHT
AVAIL
Lights up the door mirror foot lights when either of the following occurs: the doors are unlocked with the transmitter, or the key enters any actuation area around the doors.
NOT AVL / AVAIL
Old 10-06-13, 02:09 PM
qboy3388
Driver

Originally Posted by nevernu
seems to me if the lights come on when u unlock, they should come on when ur range per below

EX FOOT LIGHT
AVAIL
Lights up the door mirror foot lights when either of the following occurs: the doors are unlocked with the transmitter, or the key enters any actuation area around the doors.
NOT AVL / AVAIL
Thank you for your reply. But I don't really get what you meant. The side mirror lights of my car only light up when the fob gets in range if the doors are locked. Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear enough. I tested it many times, the side mirror lights don't light up when the fob is in range if the doors are not locked. They do light up when I lock and unlock the doors with the fob. What I'm asking is if it's possible to have the side mirror lights light up when I approach the car with the fob in my pocket no matter if the doors are locked or not.
Old 10-06-13, 09:35 PM
nevernu
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 101 Posts

yes i understood what you meant. the quote was from the lexus personalization settings document and seems to indicate that there are 2 puddle lights personalization settings. i checked mine tonight and it works like yours, ie light up when locked and not when unlocked. i'd ask the dealer if they can be set to come on whenever the key enters the activation area around the doors regardless on lock state.
Old 10-06-13, 11:17 PM
qboy3388
Driver

Originally Posted by nevernu
yes i understood what you meant. the quote was from the lexus personalization settings document and seems to indicate that there are 2 puddle lights personalization settings. i checked mine tonight and it works like yours, ie light up when locked and not when unlocked. i'd ask the dealer if they can be set to come on whenever the key enters the activation area around the doors regardless on lock state.
I see. Good to know there are 2 puddle lights settings. Thx a lot for checking yours for me! Really appreciate it!! I guess I'll give a dealer a call sometime to find out. Thx again!!