ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Bridgestone vs Michelin

Old 05-23-14, 02:49 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Bridgestone vs Michelin

Well I got maybe 3-4K miles left before I'll need to put new tires on the 2010. I just turned 27,000 miles on the OEM Bridgestone tires and will be looking to replace them. I did the tire rotation at 12,000 miles and other then the normal FWD edge wear the threads are going to hit the wear marks in the next 4-5 months. I've seen the various comments on both tires but my major concern is on ride. These Bridgestones are still a very soft riding tire and I don't want to sacrifice that for an extra 10-20K miles. If the ride is good then 30,000 miles is good for my tires. My question then would be are the Michelin's an equal ride comfort as the Bridgestones?
Old 05-23-14, 03:12 PM
Mike_1GO
Lead Lap

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Michelins are equally as comfortable as bridgestones if not more. take a look at these, they have better ratings than any oem Michelin or bridgestone:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....ntus+S1+noble2
Old 05-23-14, 09:38 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Check out the Michelin Primacy MXV4, my favorite tire and I've tried a number of brands. Very good tread design with 4 wide, circumferential grooves and biting edges across the whole tire. The design is conducive to low vibration.
Old 05-24-14, 03:25 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Received 66 Likes on 60 Posts

me im a michelin Man so there is my answer
i didn't like the bridgestones that where on my 07 when i got it tires had good tread on them still but just didn't like them and decided id put the MXV4 on it and love it

now the thing is Michelin just added new tire models to their lineup and i am not sure if they discontinued the MXV4 for the new replacement

i know when i looked on tire kingdoms website they don't offer the MXV4 anymore its just the defender and then 1 new model of Michelin for our size so they may have stopped making them

i remmber a few years back when the Hydroedge was taken out of the game and replace for the defender that was upseting to me i then switch to the MXV4 model because i did not like how they made the defender stiffer and harder of a ride then the hydroedge

i know i read somewhere about the material and the way the new Michelin tires are the more you drive on them the more the tread wear goes down the wider the tread opens up to give longer lasting tread and grip
i thought that was really awesome how they did that to the new ones
Old 05-24-14, 07:39 PM
Lexi66
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
me im a michelin Man so there is my answer
i didn't like the bridgestones that where on my 07 when i got it tires had good tread on them still but just didn't like them and decided id put the MXV4 on it and love it

now the thing is Michelin just added new tire models to their lineup and i am not sure if they discontinued the MXV4 for the new replacement

i know when i looked on tire kingdoms website they don't offer the MXV4 anymore its just the defender and then 1 new model of Michelin for our size so they may have stopped making them

i remmber a few years back when the Hydroedge was taken out of the game and replace for the defender that was upseting to me i then switch to the MXV4 model because i did not like how they made the defender stiffer and harder of a ride then the hydroedge

i know i read somewhere about the material and the way the new Michelin tires are the more you drive on them the more the tread wear goes down the wider the tread opens up to give longer lasting tread and grip
i thought that was really awesome how they did that to the new ones

Check out the web page...it looks like the MXV4 is still available.

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-sele...4/tire-details
Old 05-25-14, 06:42 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ThumperPup
That's another thing. The speed rating of the tire is related to the stiffness of the sidewall. H rated (up to 130mph) MXV4s have a somewhat more flexible sidewall than the V rated version.

I just replaced my front tires. The Defenders may be a good tire but I stuck with the MXV4 which has an established track record.
Old 05-26-14, 04:04 AM
rxda90
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always been very satisfied with the Michelin all-season tires I've bought. I've found them to be quiet, good in all types of road conditions, and they wear quite well.

My only experience with Bridgestones were OEM's that went bald in 20,000 miles. Consequently, I've never considered the brand when looking for new tires.
Old 05-26-14, 06:58 AM
Tetguy
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Up here in Canada, the Primacy Mxv4 H series has been discontinued. Some sizes are still available at discounted prices (Cdn. Tire,Alberta) along with the $70.00 Michelin rebate. The V series is till available but no discounts to write home about.
Old 05-26-14, 07:37 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Originally Posted by rxda90
I've always been very satisfied with the Michelin all-season tires I've bought. I've found them to be quiet, good in all types of road conditions, and they wear quite well.

My only experience with Bridgestones were OEM's that went bald in 20,000 miles. Consequently, I've never considered the brand when looking for new tires.
Here is mine at 27,000 miles with a combination of city and highway. Bridgestone Turanza OEM tires on my 2010 ES350.
Attached Thumbnails Bridgestone vs Michelin-dsc00098.jpg  
Old 05-26-14, 08:07 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Here is mine at 27,000 miles with a combination of city and highway. Bridgestone Turanza OEM tires on my 2010 ES350.
I traded in my 2010 ES350 with 28,000 miles on it and the OEM Turanza's looked like that. The dealer put the car on the lot with the original tires still on it.
Old 05-26-14, 10:49 AM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by Lexi66
Check out the web page...it looks like the MXV4 is still available.

http://www.michelinman.com/tire-sele...4/tire-details

awesome cool to know i actualy went into a panic lol
thinking id have to find another tire i liked in 30k more and going threw hell trying to find the ones that i like properly
if it wasnt for the 30 day ride guarantee that tires plus and tire kingdom gives id have spent 3 times the amount on tires this last time
ended up changing them 3 times lol
Old 05-26-14, 02:59 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

WOW. My Bridgestone Turanzas on 2011 with 16,000 miles worn down to 3/32". Went to Sam's Club and got deal on Michelin Premier A/S. $681 installed with all taxes / rebates. Their $15 per tire installation fee includes free rotations, balancing and road hazard warranty. Car drives smooth with a very slight tread noise but traction and treadwear warranty is good.
Old 05-26-14, 03:38 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Originally Posted by garsarno
WOW. My Bridgestone Turanzas on 2011 with 16,000 miles worn down to 3/32". Went to Sam's Club and got deal on Michelin Premier A/S. $681 installed with all taxes / rebates. Their $15 per tire installation fee includes free rotations, balancing and road hazard warranty. Car drives smooth with a very slight tread noise but traction and treadwear warranty is good.

Wow should have had another 14K miles to go. What tire pressures are you running. I'm at 30 PSI all around.
Old 05-26-14, 03:51 PM
oldcajun
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

The current versions are the Michelin Primacy MXV4 and the Bridgestone Turanza Serenity Plus. Tire Rack's ratings and survey's give a slight edge to the Michelin in both ride comfort and noise comfort. There is another tire ranked very high in both and just a bit cheaper - Continental Pure Contact with Eco Plus. My experience on my ES350 was with the Michelin tires which were excellent. On my LS460, the MXV4 is not available in the proper size so I'm running the Bridgestone tires which have been very good.
Steve
Old 05-26-14, 04:03 PM
ThumperPup
Racer

Originally Posted by jagtoes
Wow should have had another 14K miles to go. What tire pressures are you running. I'm at 30 PSI all around.
just out of curiousity not trying to start a MPG ware here
but with you running 30psi all the way around what MPG are you getting when your out on highway runs of long trips question

I have always kept mine around 34 psi all around and getting 31 on 260 mile trips

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bridgestone vs Michelin