ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

AM3 Body kit on my New to me ES350

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-13, 06:01 AM
SICK350
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would contact the company that makes the kit in china, the company is called fuzhou bsd auto parts co. ltd and the contact is Ken Wu.
Old 07-09-13, 11:10 AM
jacobjohn
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow..this kit looks amazing. Not sure why there's so much hate on it. But everyone has their own opinions.
if only there were fog lights on this kit.
Old 07-09-13, 06:44 PM
iceblast
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK great ... so here is

THE GOOD: This kit looks pretty nice. It gives the car a definite more sporty look than stock. The stock in my opinion has a sporty look, especially with the spoiler, 6 spoke rims, and the paint coming in the flint mica, white or black colours. I like what they have done with the 2013 ES 350, only in those paint colours mentioned, can look pretty sporty as well.

THE BAD: This is not a sports car, not by any means. It is a cruiser, meant for a comfortable ride by an older demographic, with similar underpinnings to the Camry. I always laugh at guys who tune the s***t out of their little hondas, audis, bmws etc. Such a waste of money. That money would be better applied to the initial cost of the car to get a nicer ride.

Getting into this kit would be quite expensive I am guessing... I love love love the side skirts and rear bumper though!
Old 07-09-13, 07:47 PM
jbalian
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In case anyone is interested, I sent a message to a seller on alibaba and this is what he replied:

the material is glass fiber ,we can deal with you FOB 530$ ,plz tell us what port you want to arrival to ,i will check the frieght for you,if you take more ,the price will be negotiated,

if you have any question ,plz contact to me , .our company contact information as bellow , my msn: bsd.shane@hotmail.com,.mobile number :0086+13705089470, skype account :car body kit,I am looking forward to your early reply

Sincerely

Shane

and this is the url for the item:

http://cnbsd.en.alibaba.com/product/..._body_kit.html
Old 07-10-13, 10:21 AM
jacobjohn
Driver

any word on if this is quality fiberglass material? If only this was polyurethane!
Old 07-10-13, 10:40 AM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

I actually like the kit.....any pics of the sides and rear?
Old 07-10-13, 05:52 PM
EsNeil
Driver School Candidate

The back end looks much better than the front. I like everything about the front except where the stock bumper ends and the aftermarket begins. It just sticks out to me and I can't look away.

Still, Props to you my friend!
Old 07-13-13, 06:30 PM
twistedman
Rookie

Originally Posted by justmylex
First let me start by saying hello for the first time. I have been on this forum for several years without any involvement. I was always taken a back because it seems like all of the real mods were the 2000 or older ES. So I finally decided to take the es for what is it, a great car. since i couldnt do anything for my previous 2003 ES300, I thought it would be different on my New ES350. Sadly it seems the same remains with this new model. I noticed an actual body kit on Alibaba and EBAY in my area in upstate new york. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions on this kit. I will try to be much more active. Thanks in advance.
I really like the way this kit looks. Its just gonna come down to the over all look with the car Lowered, Rims, Exhaust, ect, ect.. If you plan on doing these things to your Lex, the car should look real sharp if done properly
Old 07-16-13, 05:46 AM
xanderES
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wheres OP with the update? I wonder if he ever ended up pulling the trigger on the kit
Im sure everyone would all like to know how the fit/finish is like and see it installed!
Old 07-16-13, 07:17 AM
jacobjohn
Driver

definitely would like to see this!
Old 07-16-13, 08:37 AM
justmylex
Driver School Candidate

Hey Guys, Sorry for no updates. Iife happens and the Kit had to be placed on hold. I'm waiting for a reply from the original seller to find out if he really has the kit in stock so I can mover forward soon. working with the wife to make this happen, she's not keen to changing after only recently having the car. The other good news is I finalized the issue with the bumper hit, so hopefully soon. I cant wait. I noticed that with our vehicle its about a lot of waiting on certain, things, looking to be the first for this kit. I will continue to update.
Old 07-16-13, 02:32 PM
justmylex
Driver School Candidate

Default update

What's up all. Just wanted to post another update. I contacted the seller, well at least a different seller. Not sure how many are from NY here, but i have great news!! the kit is in stock in Brooklyn NY in the sunset park area, well at least the bumper and side skirts are. the seller is asking 320 for the rear bumper . I will be going there tomorrow to personally check out the quality. I will also take pics. I hate that every picture of this kit is the generic one.
Old 07-18-13, 06:18 PM
MadMark
Driver School Candidate

I think the vents in the side skirt and the ones on the sides of the rear bumper make it look a little too ricey for my taste, but to each his own.
Old 07-23-13, 10:06 PM
Whichone
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by justmylex
What's up all. Just wanted to post another update. I contacted the seller, well at least a different seller. Not sure how many are from NY here, but i have great news!! the kit is in stock in Brooklyn NY in the sunset park area, well at least the bumper and side skirts are. the seller is asking 320 for the rear bumper . I will be going there tomorrow to personally check out the quality. I will also take pics. I hate that every picture of this kit is the generic one.
I also live in brooklyn, hopefully I won't pass by you one day and see how good your ES looks with the kit and be ensued in jealousy!
Old 05-13-14, 02:47 AM
tvirgil2
Driver School Candidate

I love that kit. I just bought my '07 ES on Saturday so this kit would look niiiiice.

Quick Reply: AM3 Body kit on my New to me ES350