Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 (2007 - 2012)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Remote Starter for 2012 ES 350?

Old 12-14-12, 07:24 AM   #1
lipappy
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Remote Starter for 2012 ES 350?

I just called the dealer and learned that there is no OEM remote starter option for the 2012 ES. They said I'd have to get an after market product, and that they could install it. They said as long as it didn't involve cutting any wires, and was "plug and play" it wouldn't involidate the warranty. I was thinking how nice it would be this morning when I froze my *** off waiting for the frozen dew to melt.

Can anybody recommend an aftermarket remote starter that would not invalidate the warranty? I would pay $$ so long as it was a reliable product. Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
lipappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-12, 03:04 PM   #2
mlacomb
Pole Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipappy View Post
I just called the dealer and learned that there is no OEM remote starter option for the 2012 ES. They said I'd have to get an after market product, and that they could install it. They said as long as it didn't involve cutting any wires, and was "plug and play" it wouldn't involidate the warranty. I was thinking how nice it would be this morning when I froze my *** off waiting for the frozen dew to melt.

Can anybody recommend an aftermarket remote starter that would not invalidate the warranty? I would pay $$ so long as it was a reliable product. Thanks.
My dealer when I purchased my '08 CPO offered 3 remote start options. The one way, the two way and the cell phone starter. Honestly - I picked the one way just due to the price - around $300 installed. After seeing my friend's cell phone remote in action though, I wish I had paid for that.

None of them were OEM though; I think it has to be ordered that way from the factory to be integrated into the remote. Talk to the used car side to see if there's an option that can be purchased.

Note - one downside about push button start? Remotely starting the car, my car shuts off when I open the doors. Trunk is fine, but the dealer told me there's no way for the non-OEM to know that you have the actual key, so to protect the car it turns off. Not a really big deal, but I hate to have to re-start the car at that point.

Correction - have seen others in remote start threads that certain 3rd party starting units can integrate correctly; just require a double-tap of the start button once you get in the car. Kinda wish I had that....

Last edited by mlacomb; 12-16-12 at 04:03 PM..
mlacomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-12, 05:28 PM   #3
garsarno
Lexus Champion

How about being able to remote start my previous (and new) Chevrolet Impala and previous 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee from my living room window but had to go outside to start the most expensive car in my little fleet. Always bugged me.

2011 Impala LTZ / Cyber Gray - Gray / Bought 4/2011
garsarno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-12, 05:28 PM