Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 (2007 - 2012)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Dashboard light/ES 350

Old 08-02-12, 09:24 PM   #1
psnordo
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Default Dashboard light/ES 350

So sorry to post this! My car didn't come with an owners' manual and I haven't had time to buy one yet. I saw a green light driving home tonight for the first time - it looks like the letter "D" with three lines coming out of it (slanted down to the left) and a squiggly line running through the three slanted lines. I hope to get this checked tomorrow, but what is it? It's opposite my headlight light and doesn't look particularly "threatening" (i.e., not red in color) so I'm assuming it's not a critical problem, but I am curious. Thanks so much!
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
psnordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-12, 10:04 PM   #2
oldgrump
Pole Position

That's the fog lights ON indicator light. You must have the Fog light switch selected on. The headlights have to be on for the fog lights to be illuminated (and the indicator light to be on). The fog light switch is the collar just inboard of the headlight switch itself. You'll see the same fog lights icon on the turn signal stalk (next to the switch) as the green indicator light in the instrument panel.
oldgrump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-12, 04:38 AM   #3
Poqman
Lead Lap

Recommend you join https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lexusdrivers/home. You can see your Lexus performed service history, add to it non-Lexus service and perform word searches of the owner manuals. It's a great site.
Poqman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 09:01 AM   #4
psnordo
Driver School Candidate

Thank you for the responses. I didn't even realize I had fog lights! I'll be sure to get a manual soon so I can avoid posting "easy answer" questions like this in the future.
psnordo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-12, 09:01 AM

Tags
2009, 350, dash, dashboard, es, es350, green, headlights, issues, lexus, light, lights, symbol, turn, warning