ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Wooo lexus loaner ES!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-12, 05:34 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wooo lexus loaner ES!

Gotta love it when they hand you a brand new car for a week to use as a loaner!!

Can't believe the amount of "GO" this car has!!

Old 02-17-12, 05:54 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

that looks all loaded with options
Old 02-17-12, 05:59 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by imherenow
that looks all loaded with options

Yup, it has the rear window shade, backup camera, parking sensors, xm radio, etc etc etc etc..

What are the two sensors in the front bumper for?

Are there any cool hidden things in the "loaded" 2012 es?
Old 02-17-12, 06:53 PM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

nice..
well the two sensors probably for parking in to those tight places where you wont bump into anything in the front. You should try it out and see if it beeps (with in drive mode obviously) when something is obstructing in the front.
As for the cool things hmm i would say mostly tech stuff like bluetooth, Lexus Enform system, Mark Levinson sound, live features like weather, sports, traffic etc. And offcourse the quality
Old 02-17-12, 07:00 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by J3ffrey
Yup, it has the rear window shade, backup camera, parking sensors, xm radio, etc etc etc etc..

What are the two sensors in the front bumper for?

Are there any cool hidden things in the "loaded" 2012 es?
Nice car. Looks just like my 2010.
Old 02-17-12, 07:09 PM
J3ffrey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Nice car. Looks just like my 2010.
It's a nice car for sure. In a race it'd kill my is 250, hell, it'd even give my 2000 camaro a run for its money! Super smooth....

My only complaint so far is I wish the seat went LOWER. I'm 6'2" and i feel like the seat is way high up.
Old 02-17-12, 07:11 PM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah the two sensors are for the parking sensors. Get too close to something in front of you (unfortunately it is only the corners) and it will beep. You should see where the beeping comes from on the information screen (the one in between the tachometer and the speedometer) and if it has NAV then it will be on the NAV screen too.

The one weird oversight is the lack of a center front sensor. It'd be nice if there were one there so as you approach from the front for parking you know when to stop. There are 3 on the back too, center and the left / right corners.

I didn't think it was a big deal but now that I have it - it is invaluable!
Old 02-17-12, 07:15 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

It's a nice car for sure. In a race it'd kill my is 250, hell, it'd even give my 2000 camaro a run for its money! Super smooth....

My only complaint so far is I wish the seat went LOWER. I'm 6'2" and i feel like the seat is way high up.
Yes the engine and trans are a smooth combo. Plus you can get 30+ mpg on the highway if you keep it under 70-75.
Old 02-18-12, 11:35 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

While waiting for my 2011 ES350 on being serviced (n/c per Lexus), I listened in on the conversation between the service rep and a customer. Seems she trashed the ES350 loaner she used from here last service call. She spilled drinks all over the upholstery, had leftover pizza in the car and returned the loaner with zero gas left versus the 3/4 tank fill she had in it. The writer told her that the loaner's interior had to be cleaned and detailed. This next loaner (today was going to be her last loaner and if she trashed it again, they would charge her credit card $89 plus for the gas she used. From the conversation, she said her loser boyfriend did it and as for the gas, the NYC based Lexus dealers never cared about her using up all of the gas. I told the service rep I would have told her take the car to the NYC based Lexus dealer and not bring her car here again. Try doing the same thing at Avis. See how much you will pay ($150 for interior clean up and $5 per gallon for gas). But that's me.
Old 02-18-12, 02:37 PM
RyanC
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by garsarno
While waiting for my 2011 ES350 on being serviced (n/c per Lexus), I listened in on the conversation between the service rep and a customer. Seems she trashed the ES350 loaner she used from here last service call. She spilled drinks all over the upholstery, had leftover pizza in the car and returned the loaner with zero gas left versus the 3/4 tank fill she had in it. The writer told her that the loaner's interior had to be cleaned and detailed. This next loaner (today was going to be her last loaner and if she trashed it again, they would charge her credit card $89 plus for the gas she used. From the conversation, she said her loser boyfriend did it and as for the gas, the NYC based Lexus dealers never cared about her using up all of the gas. I told the service rep I would have told her take the car to the NYC based Lexus dealer and not bring her car here again. Try doing the same thing at Avis. See how much you will pay ($150 for interior clean up and $5 per gallon for gas). But that's me.
My local Lexus dealer (Pohanka Lexus) doesn't require you to fill the tank when you return the loaner. I think it is $5.00 if you want a loaner, but that's a lot cheaper than a tank of gas!

If they didn't tell her to refill the tank to the same level before returning it, I'd say that isn't her fault. Interior is uncalled for tho!

I'd love to try driving a new GS next time I take my car in.
Old 02-18-12, 05:43 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Interesting. I imagine dealerships see some wierd things with the loaners. Can you imagine how they are driven and treated day in and day out? That's why I'd never buy a car that was a loaner CPO or not.
Old 02-18-12, 09:01 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus dealers in the ATL area will generally tell you to bring the car back with same amount of gas when checked out, however, a few times they said don't worry about it. I wouldn't be comfortable not bringing it back as it was given to me, meaning gas and cleaned.
Old 02-18-12, 09:06 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gotta love it when they hand you a brand new car for a week to use as a loaner!!

Can't believe the amount of "GO" this car has!!

This car is a real honey. It's targeted to those who enjoy a ultra smooth, quiet ride. There are a lot folks who have no interest in going around a curve at 40 mph, however, this car has the power to move when needed. I can't wait to see what the 2013 offers....
Old 02-19-12, 06:22 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

According to the service writer, this was a constant problem with this particular customer. When she was to come on Saturday, she was going to be told again about the charges to clean / detail the interior and using all of the gas in the car that would be charged against her credit card. I remember having a IS250 AWD loaner back in 1/2007y when the transmission on our new ES350 went south. I kept it clean, the only thing I did was to remove the new car stickers / bar code off the car. Just so it would not look like a loaner for the month I had it. Think I took off the dealer sticker too.
Old 02-19-12, 06:41 AM
RickC5
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Interesting. I imagine dealerships see some wierd things with the loaners. Can you imagine how they are driven and treated day in and day out? That's why I'd never buy a car that was a loaner CPO or not.
What's the old saying: "Drive it like you stole it!" Uh, yeah....

Not only would I NOT buy a loaner, I wouldn't buy a rental car either. I'm even leary about leased cars, as some leasees simply don't maintain them or drive them very well as the cars are only "temporary." Like a long-term rental.

Quick Reply: Wooo lexus loaner ES!