ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Why won't HBO GO Video content play via ML+ on Nav screen like You Tube does?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-11, 06:04 AM
LLaPan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Why won't HBO GO Video content play via ML+ on Nav screen like You Tube does?

I own a 2008 Lexus ES350 (non-Mark Levinson audio system), and have the Vaistech Multimedialinq Plus (ML+) installed, updated with the latest flash updates. I also have the PS Override installed (for video in motion capabilities). As a result, so long as I am in iPod Video Out mode on my Vaistech ML+ system, I can play my (jailbroken) iPhone 4.3.2 music videos or movies on my car's Navigation screen, even while my car is in motion--and the video picture and sound work perfectly. I can also watch YouTube video content on my Nav screen while my Lexus is in motion. I just have to first access the YouTube video content on my iPhone, then--without further prompting, the YouTube video appears on my Nav screen and starts playing there. It's awesome!!

But, here is the rub: I am a subscriber of the new iPhone app HBO Go, and I cannot watch the HBO programming on my car NAV screen via the Vaistech ML+ iPod Video Out mode. Instead, I can only play the HBO GO content (videos) on my iPhone. I expected the chosen HBO GO content to work for me the same as YouTube content. Instead, when playing HBO GO content, only the HBO GO logo appears on my NAV screen--not the video which is playing at the time on my iPhone. (The audio portion of the selected HBO GO video programming does however play through my car stereo speakers.)

What can I do, if anything, to make HBO GO videos show up on my Nav screen, like the YouTube videos do. Are there settings I can change either on my ML+ system or on my iPhone to make HBO Go content show up on my Nav screen? That would be a truly awesome thing!!!

Last edited by LLaPan; 07-15-11 at 06:10 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 07-15-11, 08:50 AM
safford197
Driver

Haha, good luck with that question in this part of the forum!

Try posting in the A/V and electronics section instead:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...lectronics-12/

With that said it sounds to me like content copy right protection. Maybe HBO's service locks the output to the internal screen only so there's no chance of anyone copying it...?

Good luck.
Old 07-15-11, 03:46 PM
LLaPan
Driver School Candidate

Try posting in the A/V and electronics section instead:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lex...lectronics-12/
Good luck.[/QUOTE]

Thx. I'll move my inquiry there. Sorry to all for posting in wrong place.