ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

rattle in dash

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-11, 03:46 AM
bacalexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For Blueshark

The gap is hard to see. From outside , it is under the black -painted- bottom of the windshield. From inside it is behind the curved upper surface of the dash.However, you can feel it with your finger and stick your finger inside the gap.
Old 11-07-11, 09:56 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

bacalexus, i really appreciate your description,. but again, i'm a diy guy and played quite a bit with the interior trims of the car and still i don't understand the way to insert the tubing.

If you have time, i can pm or email you for more details and pictures if any, i would like to try this trick as i also have a 08.

I can try to pull the dashboard out to see if it move the distance that you are talking about., but i really doubt that as i shuk it before and it's rock solid.

Anyway , only if you have time, pm me or some pictures would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-09-11, 05:35 PM
clift
Driver School Candidate

Hey Macklin, was your TSB repair covered under your warranty? If so, was it the general warranty? My general warranty has expired and all I have left is my powertrain etc. Looking to fix my creaking problem too since its driving me nuts. Would I just take the TSB number and bring it to the dealer and request them to fix accordingly?

THanks for your help.
Old 11-11-11, 09:14 AM
raviola4
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Dash Rattle in my 07 ES350

I too have an annoying dash rattle in driver side of my dash. Although i went equipped with the TSB and even though CPO unit purchased in Oct. 2009 they would not honor. It. Very annoying and with cooler weather now, it's resurfacing and once winter sets in will annoy the crap out of us. My 04 F150 is as solid as a rock. Not a single rattle. Yet here's a car in the pursuit of perfection rattling like a baby's toy.
I know i'm in the minority but most likely if i purchase CPO again, i'm going Acura.
There are other rattles in this car but they react more to a firmer bump/jolt.
Oh well.
Old 11-14-11, 06:56 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you think that Acuras are rattle free? Any car can have a rattle.
Old 11-14-11, 03:07 PM
jkgs300
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by clift
Hey Macklin, was your TSB repair covered under your warranty? If so, was it the general warranty? My general warranty has expired and all I have left is my powertrain etc. Looking to fix my creaking problem too since its driving me nuts. Would I just take the TSB number and bring it to the dealer and request them to fix accordingly?

THanks for your help.
My dealer added insulation around the speaker grill and replaced some retaining clips to fix the dash rattle. I don't think it took them too long...my car was done (dash rattle, oil change, & washed) in 3 hours. Oh and i had them take care of the a seat belt beep also .
Old 11-15-11, 06:42 AM
MDames2
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Eventually, the cheap vinyl or rubber hose stuffed between the windshield and the dash will deteriorate. The sun will cause it to get hard and break apart. Where will all the pieces go? I'm wondering if they will cause noise or something more problematic.
Old 11-16-11, 03:37 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Personnally, i don't think that the hose will breakdown, it is made for outside weather and the sunlight would hardly hit the hose directly. Plus, the interior of the car is not that dry. I do understand your worry though.
Old 11-21-11, 05:55 PM
clift
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jkgs300
My dealer added insulation around the speaker grill and replaced some retaining clips to fix the dash rattle. I don't think it took them too long...my car was done (dash rattle, oil change, & washed) in 3 hours. Oh and i had them take care of the a seat belt beep also .
@jkgs300 - Thanks for the insights.
I'm bringing in the car for service next week and ask them to do the same. Hopefully they'll have the same fix for me.Appreciate the response.
Old 03-25-12, 08:06 PM
it4me
Driver School Candidate

Thanks to OakvilleES for his idea, his idea worked for me too
Old 03-28-12, 01:32 PM
raviola4
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Dash Rattle update

Actually for me the rattle went away for past few weeks with warmer weather. Hit 32 yesterday and voila. back. But also have a steering column noise and rear wheel area problem as well. In shop now. 07 CPO that seen service nearly as much as my worst vehicle ever, a 1990 Plymouth Grand Voyager.
If we keep this car after latest repairs, i'll consider trying dash rattle fix for next winter. But to be honest i've about had it. 3 separate oil leaks, water pump failure, above rattles, auto seat adjustment settings not working, i'm wondering what's next. Although majority Lexus has handled under warranty (won't on the dash rattle - too many miles although 75 % of that was before i bought. oh well.
Car rides nice, semi quiets as long as rattles under controls, mileage not bad on reg. gas, 22.5 local and 32 on trips. But the numerous trips to service are really killing my attempt to appreciate this vehicle.
Hope others having much better luck. For me, it's been an unpleasant journey and could be soon coming to an end .
Old 03-28-12, 01:55 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by raviola4
Actually for me the rattle went away for past few weeks with warmer weather. Hit 32 yesterday and voila. back. But also have a steering column noise and rear wheel area problem as well. In shop now. 07 CPO that seen service nearly as much as my worst vehicle ever, a 1990 Plymouth Grand Voyager.
If we keep this car after latest repairs, i'll consider trying dash rattle fix for next winter. But to be honest i've about had it. 3 separate oil leaks, water pump failure, above rattles, auto seat adjustment settings not working, i'm wondering what's next. Although majority Lexus has handled under warranty (won't on the dash rattle - too many miles although 75 % of that was before i bought. oh well.
Car rides nice, semi quiets as long as rattles under controls, mileage not bad on reg. gas, 22.5 local and 32 on trips. But the numerous trips to service are really killing my attempt to appreciate this vehicle.
Hope others having much better luck. For me, it's been an unpleasant journey and could be soon coming to an end .
With all of those problems and bad luck, it sounds like it's time to move on to something different.
Old 03-29-12, 11:47 PM
BigFnTony
Driver School Candidate

I'm getting a rattle in the dash of my 2009 CPO. From what I can tell it's coming from the AC vents, specifically the passenger side. It happens on a rough patch of highway or bumpy road. Jiggling the vent stops it for a bit.
Old 03-30-12, 09:41 AM
plumpjack
Driver School Candidate

Agreed! I have very little bad to say about Acuras having owned 4 of them, but I can assure you they too have rattles! BMW's too. And Nissan Altimas? Don't get me started...

Originally Posted by MDames2
So you think that Acuras are rattle free? Any car can have a rattle.
Old 03-30-12, 11:41 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

And my 2011 Impala LTZ - sounds like a bag of bones at 18,000 miles.

Quick Reply: rattle in dash