ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Rattle on ES350

Old 01-26-11, 11:45 AM
bdar
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rattle on ES350

Hello guys,

I hate to say this, but I start hearing rattle on my 2010 UL ES350. I think it's coming from either glove compartment or the wood on right passenger front door. It's really annoying. Do you have similar issues? Did you get it fixed?
Old 01-26-11, 11:58 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bdar
Hello guys,

I hate to say this, but I start hearing rattle on my 2010 UL ES350. I think it's coming from either glove compartment or the wood on right passenger front door. It's really annoying. Do you have similar issues? Did you get it fixed?
2010 huh? Unless you drive like a lot, you should be under warranty. Hopefully the sound is easy to reproduce. If so - take it to the dealer and let them fix it. Your warranty WILL cover this stuff.
Old 01-26-11, 02:40 PM
bdar
Driver

Originally Posted by MadMax96
2010 huh? Unless you drive like a lot, you should be under warranty. Hopefully the sound is easy to reproduce. If so - take it to the dealer and let them fix it. Your warranty WILL cover this stuff.
Yup...just had it about 2.5 months. It can easily to reproduce, just drive it on an uneven road, even just a small bump. Hopefully the dealer can take care of it quick.
Old 01-27-11, 07:23 AM
MadMax96
Lexus Test Driver

Yup...just had it about 2.5 months. It can easily to reproduce, just drive it on an uneven road, even just a small bump. Hopefully the dealer can take care of it quick.
When I got a rattle in my dash a month ago the dealer took care of mine. This sorta thing shows up when its colder outside. I'd say it was below 20 degrees at the time. I'm about 4k miles away from the factory warranty ending so I'm trying to get all the little stuff resolved.

I have a nice extended warranty but I'm not going to cough up a deductable for things like this.

In case you didn't know - while you're under the factory warranty they'll take care of most any little thing. Even the headlight bulb was replaced under warranty as well as them replacing brake pads due to premature wear or something. Two items that I would consider normal wear & tear items covered - I'm sure not going to argue!
Old 01-28-11, 05:55 AM
raviola4
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Dash Rattle

Actually i have a dash rattle myself, 07 CPO, but in drivers side. There's a TSB for it. NV008-07. Very annoying. I printed TSB but with lousy weather of late hadn't had time to schedule an appt. Mentions 48 months or 50,000 miles, but over 50,000 miles, but hopefully they honor since CPO. Lease was someone in north alot of highway miles, and i'm sure could care less about the rattle. This one mentions insulating around speaker area. Worse in cold weather. I haven't had a rattle in a car (us or foreign) in 30 years. Unreal it's in a Lexus. Even my 04 F150 bare bones model solid as a rock.
Old 01-28-11, 05:19 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

I have the same problem with my 08 Raviola4 and i did notice the same problem from 2 07 loaners, same creeking noise on the driver side near the mirror... I will have to undo the side vent to take a closer look why it happen: clip, wire.....

Definitively, not proud of lexus, i wonder if Mercedes, BMW or Audi do have rattles and creeking noises on their dashes.
Old 01-30-11, 01:29 PM
SatComm302
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've got an '07 and it sounds like a rattle trap going down the road on cold days or on rough roads. I've got instrument panel rattles and a rattle above my head between the visor and the sun roof in the corner. I can press in that area and it will lessen the rattle, but not eliminate it.

My car is out of warranty and I'm trying to decide whether I want to pay to get these things repaired or just get another car. I love this car, but I'm very disappointed in the build quality when it comes to rattles.

There's a newer TSB (L-SB-0017-08) that supersedes NV008–07. The differences are the use of new panel clips and expanded to include '08 ES350s.
Old 01-31-11, 12:43 PM
92sc300nj
Driver

now i was about to ask if its a rattle sound or a squeaking sound.. its definitely possible of a dash rattle.. normally happens when its cold outside. and definitely noticible on uneven roads.. they have ways of fixing this problem. take it to the dealer. ask if you can go for a test drive so you can pinpoint the noise for the technician if they need it.
Old 02-03-11, 08:38 AM
bdar
Driver

Originally Posted by 92sc300nj
now i was about to ask if its a rattle sound or a squeaking sound.. its definitely possible of a dash rattle.. normally happens when its cold outside. and definitely noticible on uneven roads.. they have ways of fixing this problem. take it to the dealer. ask if you can go for a test drive so you can pinpoint the noise for the technician if they need it.
92sc300nj, you're right. The weather in my area starts getting warmer, and I realize my rattle seems to be gone. Do you know if there's any TSB for what you mentioned?
Old 02-03-11, 04:04 PM
Jimbo68
Rookie

Bdar, I read somewhere, I think in a TSB list, that some of the rattles were caused by trim fasteners that contracted or hardened in cold weather and allowed some movement. I also recall the Lexus was replacing them. Wish I could be some more help.
Old 02-04-11, 04:48 AM
raviola4
Pit Crew

Received 56 Likes on 29 Posts
Default Instrument Panel Rattle Noise

I got a TSB NV008-07 and another post indicated L-SB-0017-08 superceded that one. Mentions on 1st insulate instrument panel clips, defroster duct, speaker grilles, instrument panel & center console trim.

Shame they didn't "GET IT RIGHT" the first time. In pursuit of perfection?

Mine's annoying as $#&*. Will be going in for this fix at next oil change.
Old 02-04-11, 09:31 AM
bdar
Driver

Thanks guys for all the info. I'll ask them to fix it in the next dealer visit. Mine is not even reach 1000 miles
Old 03-29-11, 08:48 AM
bdar
Driver

Now I start hearing something loose around the ac vent on the front passenger seat, especially I make a left turn a bit fast. Sounds like something is slipping left and right inside the ac vent. Do you guys have the same experience like I do?
Old 03-30-11, 06:27 AM
Copguy
Driver School Candidate

I too had the dash rattle during cold weather. I took it to Cherry Hill Lexus and they kept it for two weeks and gave it back better than new. They said they had to take the dash apart several times to get it right. I do get a small rattle when I close my passenger side door, prob the glass in the door.
Old 03-30-11, 07:29 AM
Jimbo68
Rookie

Now I start hearing something loose around the ac vent on the front passenger seat, especially I make a left turn a bit fast. Sounds like something is slipping left and right inside the ac vent. Do you guys have the same experience like I do?
bdar. I have a rattle in my 2011. Notice it when I hit some bumps. Seemed to be coming from the area of the passenger seat. It was the passenger seat belt buckle hitting the pillar.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rattle on ES350