ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Lexus Premium Audio System

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-10, 06:27 PM
jkutti2000
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get ML if u can.. the standard audio in the ES 350 sucks big time.. my only regret with this car is I dont have ML
Old 10-17-10, 03:27 PM
Jeeva613
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have 2007 ES 350, running at 41k, Nav with premium plus package (don't have ML audio) and premium audio system. Done TSB to fix audio noise with Auxillary port while using ipod/charger. I am using 'Creative Labs XMOD' in line with ipod to greatly enhance the sound, the sound is crystal clear even with 8 speaker premium audio. I also "Dynamat"ed trunk partially to prevent any rattles. Planning to install 10" JL audio SUB (W6 or W7) in near future.
Old 10-17-10, 03:48 PM
Jeeva613
Driver School Candidate

Here is the settings on my 2007 ES 350 audio system with nav (non-ML) with ipod/Creative XMOD (power using usb car power adapter in center console) using AUXillary port. All these audio cables, XMOD, power adapter stay in center console, no visible wires and set up. Whole setup cost was about $20 (Xmod: $19, stereo cables and power adapter can be found everywhere), not worth spending more than this.

Disable equalizers on ipod,
On XMOD, enable and set Xi-Fi Crystalizer to Max, enable and set Xi-Fi CMSS 3D to Min. (XMOD volume needs to be at Max and need to set max every time car is powered up)
On lexus audio system, Sound: Treble 2 points above from flat, Mids leave at flat, bass two points above flat.
DSP: Two fronts seats, Disable ASL, Set Right-Left balance to middle and Fade to one step to back.

Audio with above settings sounded really good (that's for my taste), tweak and tune settings to your ears for better sound...
Note: This improvement is only for ipod with AUX port or with Tape adapter, not for CD and radio/sat.

Last edited by Jeeva613; 10-17-10 at 04:05 PM.
Old 06-17-11, 10:34 PM
007Dirty
Driver School Candidate

No offense but Bose and ML aren't really what I would consider premium sound. I'm sure to some they sound awesome but they have a sterile quality that leaves me feeling disconnected from the music. Bose is worse than ML at this IMO. If you want premium sound, you go aftermarket, period. Don't order some overpriced package to get an average at best system. The Lexicon system Hyundai has in their Genesis and Equus models blows anything away that other OEM's have currently
Old 06-17-11, 11:17 PM
savon
Rookie

The Lexicon system Hyundai has in their Genesis and Equus models blows anything away that other OEM's have currently[/QUOTE]

Is this YOUR OPINION or a fact? Where are the professional Reviews?
Old 06-18-11, 07:34 AM
007Dirty
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by savon
The Lexicon system Hyundai has in their Genesis and Equus models blows anything away that other OEM's have currently
Is this YOUR OPINION or a fact? Where are the professional Reviews?[/QUOTE]

Sound quality is subjective so ultimately there's no fact, just opinion. One person's trash is someone else's gold. It's my opinion that most people who like the ML system only do so because they've never heard better. There's almost a delicate nature to them that I don't personally care for. Instead of opting for the expensive stereo you could put together an aftermarket version, beginning with JL Audio's Clean Sweep, new speakers and amps for half the price. This is my opinion. As for the Lexicon system, head to your nearest dealer, check it out and I think you'll be like Mark who?
Old 06-18-11, 05:29 PM
RTSM
Driver

My wife has a 2007 ES350 with the standard audio system and it is clear and sounds good however I just purchased a 2011 ES350 with the UL and ML and the ML is much better. I tried the Lexicon in the Hyundai and it is pretty nice as well. I have my treble set to flat, the midrange set to -3 and bass up to one lower then max and when playing R&B, jazz or related music it rocks! Of course the once thing I like about audio and video electronics is that it is completely personnel, no matter what the "experts" or pros say it is really up to you, take a listen to all and make a decision that fits your ears, you will be happiest this way.
Old 06-19-11, 02:49 AM
savon
Rookie

Originally Posted by 007Dirty
Is this YOUR OPINION or a fact? Where are the professional Reviews?
Sound quality is subjective so ultimately there's no fact, just opinion. One person's trash is someone else's gold. It's my opinion that most people who like the ML system only do so because they've never heard better. There's almost a delicate nature to them that I don't personally care for. Instead of opting for the expensive stereo you could put together an aftermarket version, beginning with JL Audio's Clean Sweep, new speakers and amps for half the price. This is my opinion. As for the Lexicon system, head to your nearest dealer, check it out and I think you'll be like Mark who?[/QUOTE]

May I ask what system do you have at home. Most people who say that ML system isn't a good system they don't even have a descent home theater system. I have 10k system (not a highend) at home and I still like to listen to music with ML system in my car. It sounds best for listening to 5.1 recordings.Thats what it is designed for. CD music doesn't sound that great. If I could afford I would have bought ML sound/video processor which is over 30k for my home. What lexus offers with ML system is a bargain in my opinion. Lexicon and Mark Levinson are both owned by Harmon. If you think Lexicon is a better system than ML ( I am talking home theater sound processor not a car audio) you can go to AVS forum and post your question in High-end audio thread, people who have owned both will tell you which one is better. And If you own or know any body has trash ML amp, cd player or sound processor, let me know I'll take those.
Old 09-11-11, 07:47 PM
smarty666
Rookie

Ultra luxury packages are extremely hard to come by and so our ES350 did not have it and the ML system. While the OEM system is better than some other "premium" OEM systems, Bose and General Motor's systems come to mind, I've heard ML is just wonderful.

Does anyone know if it is possible to have the ML system put in and replace the stock system?
Old 10-06-11, 07:38 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just went from 2007 Ultra with ML system to 2011 Premium System with navigation. There is a difference in sound but the premium is not bad. Comparable to the Bose in my '11 Impala LTZ and my daughters Sony in her '10 Fusion Sport. Do have a question: the 2011 has a USB port in the console. Can I load my music off my laptop and transfer to a thumb drive? Then, will it play and show the information on the nav screen as it plays? Looking all this up in the owners guide. I have little less than 1,000 songs saved, so what size thumb drive should I be looking at (if it will work)?
Old 10-06-11, 07:54 AM
NJLEXES
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

The flash drive option works fine & will show you the info on the NAV screen....File name, etc.

However, the audio formats you have to encode with is limited.
As I recall, .mp3 works for sure
I think .WMA also works (however the non-protected variety)
Old 10-06-11, 10:30 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Thanks. Will try it and see.
Old 10-06-11, 04:45 PM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Got a Toshiba 18 GIG thumb USB, loaded over 5 GIG of songs and it works super!! No need for the Ipod here.
Old 10-06-11, 07:14 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by garsarno
Got a Toshiba 18 GIG thumb USB, loaded over 5 GIG of songs and it works super!! No need for the Ipod here.
Integration with the new NAV system is nice. Have you had a chance yet to play around with eDestination? It's a nice feature when you travel.
Old 10-07-11, 03:56 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

My car is not yer registered by the dealer. If not up today, going to the dealer to find out why.

Quick Reply: Lexus Premium Audio System