ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

fighting chance

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-10, 07:24 AM
bragado
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fighting chance

Hi, everybody. has anybody used the fighting chanse deal? somebody recomended it to me on a previews thread and I just want to get more info on it if anybody has it. it's suppose to help you get the best deal possible on a new car.
Old 09-16-10, 08:08 AM
bobsobi
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've mentioned FC a few times on this forum. I can only say that it's the best $40 you can put toward a new car.

Instead of the dealer-invoice approach, you never offer a price you're willing to accept, since you have no idea how the dealer's bonus structure and profit-sharing deals with the manufacturer can affect what they're willing to offer to you at any given moment. I've used it a few times now, and always recommend it to anyone looking at buying or leasing a new car. A friend of mine used it and got a deal on an Altima that was over $2,000 under the dealer's net cost.

The best part is no dickering with sales people! Make several dealers competitively bid for your business instead.
Old 09-16-10, 08:15 AM
k9shelly1
Driver

How does this compare to "cars.com?" I've used that site twice now and got just what the site recommended I pay for the car or less. I simply stated to the sales person what I wanted and stuck to it. In one case I showed him the site print out and done. The negotiating was over and I was signing the paperwork.
Old 09-16-10, 08:19 AM
NJLEXES
Intermediate

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

See no mention of Lexus in the above info....and all threads coming in quick time too.

SPAM or not SPAM....That is the question.
Old 09-16-10, 08:54 AM
bobsobi
Driver

Originally Posted by NJLEXES
See no mention of Lexus in the above info....and all threads coming in quick time too.

Hmm, easy there, Shakespeare.

I recall discussing FC in a previous post specifically with regard to Lexus.

Perhaps you have something pertinent to add here for the OP?
Old 09-16-10, 09:23 AM
k9shelly1
Driver

Originally Posted by NJLEXES

One of the cars that I bought was a Lexus ES350 with the help of cars.com. I hope thats good enough for you.
Old 09-16-10, 06:39 PM
bragado
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bobsobi
I've mentioned FC a few times on this forum. I can only say that it's the best $40 you can put toward a new car.

Instead of the dealer-invoice approach, you never offer a price you're willing to accept, since you have no idea how the dealer's bonus structure and profit-sharing deals with the manufacturer can affect what they're willing to offer to you at any given moment. I've used it a few times now, and always recommend it to anyone looking at buying or leasing a new car. A friend of mine used it and got a deal on an Altima that was over $2,000 under the dealer's net cost.

The best part is no dickering with sales people! Make several dealers competitively bid for your business instead.
thanks bobsobi, by the way, the car that I'm trying to get is a new lexus es 350.
maybe I'm not taking the time to read the huge fighting chance website. what exactly do they do for you besides send a book of step by step instructions on how to negotiate?
sorry for having the guard too high up, i have been burned before and when a deal is too good to be true I ask too many questions.
Old 09-17-10, 07:04 AM
bobsobi
Driver

Originally Posted by bragado
maybe I'm not taking the time to read the huge fighting chance website. what exactly do they do for you besides send a book of step by step instructions on how to negotiate?
If you're about to spend north of $30K (or $15K for a lease) on an ES, I would think maybe you'd want to do a little homework? Everything you need to know to determine if FC is worth your money is there on the website, so invest a little time and get readin'!

The last three cars I used it for are my '09 ES, my daughter's '09 Honda CR-V, and my wife's '01 RX.

I can tell you that it will require some effort on your part -- the more you put into it, the greater the likelihood of snaring an excellent deal -- but it's by working smart, not hard.

Based on the ES "big picture" analysis at the time, I knew that I could get the results I wanted by casting my net over as little as a half-dozen dealers. The CR-V, however, required contacting over a dozen dealers.

They don't exaggerate their claims -- for instance, they say they'll walk you through your lease contract before you sign. Twice, I arranged my paperwork appointment so I could call during their business hours, and both times I got James Bragg (FC's founder) on the phone, who reviewed the terms with me. Helluva nice guy, by the way.

If you enjoy whiling away the hours haggling and matching wits with salespeople, then FC isn't for you. Or, if you have a close friend or family member who owns a dealership, then that's probably your best bet. Otherwise, there's no better way than FC, IMO.
Old 09-17-10, 12:56 PM
bragado
Driver School Candidate

thanks bobsobi, I ordered the package, I will let you know how it goes. this will be my first lexus, I've had a passion for them for years and got to drive a few that were not mine but all i could afford was toyotas which i think was the next best thing.
Old 09-17-10, 06:59 PM
bobsobi
Driver

The timing should be fortuitous for you -- heading into the end of the month, and the end of the model year.

Good luck!