ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

XM renewal

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-10, 02:56 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by miniz
There is no $4/month 2-3 year contract deal. It would be nice if there was, but 5 for $20 is the best possible deal you can get. I'm always willing to play a little game with them every 5 months to get the entire year for $48. It is worth it. I'm going to start doing it again soon when my new receiver comes in!
Miniz...you are correct wasn't referring to 4/mo. I pd right around 260--265.00 for 36 months...comes to about $ 7.00 and change which was considerably less than even the 36 mo reduced rate being offered. Anyway as I mentioned it was easy decision for me being I use Satellite quite often, just not worth p/u the ph every yr or 5 months for that matter squabbling over few bucks....much more to do over here.
Hope it works out for you..good luck !
Old 08-25-10, 04:36 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
Miniz...you are correct wasn't referring to 4/mo. I pd right around 260--265.00 for 36 months...comes to about $ 7.00 and change which was considerably less than even the 36 mo reduced rate being offered. Anyway as I mentioned it was easy decision for me being I use Satellite quite often, just not worth p/u the ph every yr or 5 months for that matter squabbling over few bucks....much more to do over here.
Hope it works out for you..good luck !
I must have missed something here on this pricing. Maybe we are talking about some other plan . The features that I had been discussing have been:

1. XM channels
2. Traffic warning
3. Weather warning
4.Favorite sports summary
5.Favorite Stock summary

So you are saying that you get this for $7/month ?
Old 08-26-10, 05:04 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jagtoes
I must have missed something here on this pricing. Maybe we are talking about some other plan . The features that I had been discussing have been:

1. XM channels
2. Traffic warning
3. Weather warning
4.Favorite sports summary
5.Favorite Stock summary

So you are saying that you get this for $7/month ?
i didnt want/need traffic/weather report....so I got all the XM channels that are available...basically the base plan that they offer you through the mail...but of course I worked dollars off the to3 yr rate they offered, . i mainly listen to lots of music and like to listen to different natl sports talk shows from around the country.
Hope that helps. !
Old 08-26-10, 06:50 PM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
i didnt want/need traffic/weather report....so I got all the XM channels that are available...basically the base plan that they offer you through the mail...but of course I worked dollars off the to3 yr rate they offered, . i mainly listen to lots of music and like to listen to different natl sports talk shows from around the country.
Hope that helps. !
OK I got you now. I can understand the $7 price now. I would have gone for the traffic and weather features if they were offered separately. FM stations are good for me so I didn't need the XM feature. Thanks for clearing it up.
Old 02-04-11, 06:10 AM
redlight30
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just wanted to see if anyone has recently got any deals from XM? Thanks in advance
Old 02-04-11, 08:41 PM
EJC
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Richard95
Yes, I got a discount, but I forgot how much. Not as low as $77 which I was able to obtain on a previous car.
I went with the Lifetime package. seemed to worth it
Old 02-25-11, 10:19 PM
cygator
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My journey with XM

For what it is worth this is my take on XM. I jumped on the XM bandwagon when it first came out. Bought stock before the launch. I really believed it was the future of radio. I have kept the stock over the years out of some insane sense of loyalty. Now it is more of an amusement than anything else. I think I paid $2,500 to have my 05 LX 470 equipped when I bought it new. Can't remember what it cost for the ES but it wasn't bad. I have had 4 radios for 3 cars and a home unit for several years. For the longest time I had an auto pay from my credit card for around $50/month. Then when I bought the ES I had to switch services from my BMW which had a "Roady" unit to the ES. My wife made the call and a few months later she got a bill in the mail for $60 for an initiation fee. I was mildly upset but thought it would be a quick phone call to correct it. After 3 or 4 months of calling and explaining the problem, being told it was resolved only to receive another bill for the initiation fee, I told them to take me off the automatic billing and cancel my account. That's when it got more amusing. They transferred me around and I think they ultimately gave me a pretty good deal. Then last year when I got a bill for $273 I called and asked what it was for. They couldn't explain it to my satisfaction so I told them I wasn't going to pay and please cancel the service. Same thing happened as before and I sent them a check for $83. I think the service is to rollover in April so I made a note to call in mid March and tell them I was canceling again. I'll see what happens. I really do like the radio but between the stock and the credit card deducts I think XM has gotten the better part of the deal. I think that if I have to ultimately call their bluff I can live without the service. I do a lot of podcasts on the IPhone and that is enough for me. Problem with that is it doesn't work so well in the 470. XM service is in India and billing is in Souix City. They have no idea how to work together. Bottom line is I would hold out to bitter end and you will get their lowest price. They can't afford to lose subscribers. Even the merger with Sirus hasn't helped. I hope they make it but they aren't getting any more help from me.
Old 03-01-11, 02:15 PM
redlight30
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a quick update for those who have xm/sirius. I called today as my expiry was this week and the original quote for XM everything plus best of sirius and nav traffic was like $250/yr. I told them I was cancelling and voila they lowered it to $100 for the year same service $8.33/month not too bad as i really like some of their channels. Anyways, for those that have deals expiring hold out and have the person who answered send you to another dept (ha ha). that 2nd person was the one who gave me the deal. hopefully they will last another year.
Old 03-02-11, 03:53 AM
SteadyEddy
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We just let our subscription run out because they wanted some dollar amount that we thought was too much for what we use it for. Said there was no deals better than that. So we said good-bye. Early this week they sent us an e-mail $4.99 a month for 6 months, still thinking about. No traffic or weather just the regular stations. They have been playing this game since 07 when we got the car.
Old 03-02-11, 10:10 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

imo you will get more flexibility when you are willing to negotiate longer terms. again imo not a good deal if you only get 6 mos or 1 yr then have to go through the whole thing again, not worth my time .
I was able to do 3 yr term right for around $ 260-265.00( 7-7.50/month) for satellilite serv, I dont need weather, traffice reports, so just have all the music, sports stations that are offered with standard pkg. They will waive royalty fees which are part of fees if you ask. I did this July-2010 when my 90 day trial was ending..good luck.
About to see what success i have with Lexus Enform serv which is about to expire....had 1 yr free serv...I do use quite often so we'll see.

Last edited by JRey350hou; 03-02-11 at 05:00 PM.
Old 03-02-11, 11:37 AM
rebel7254
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

I've been getting XM free for over 6 months now. I was on my uncle's "family plan". He canceled it, but my radio never stopped working. I'm riding it out to see which comes first - my old radio going out or XM disconnecting the service. If/when that day comes, I would like to look into having the Lexus radio installed, but it sounds like that's getting into some serious cash. I'll probably just buy another external radio like I have now and save my money.
Old 04-10-11, 08:24 AM
ISRocker
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My trial subscription is ending at the end of the month. I called today to see what deals they have available. The sales person wanted to sell me XM everything for about $125 or so for the year. I said no thanks. She told me that if the trial expires I would have to pay a reactivation fee if I wanted to renew. She gave me a different phone number to call back. I called back five minutes later with the new phone number and asked a different sales person for the $77 deal. She said no problem. I think she called it the half price deal. So it is about $86 with all the taxes and fees. I did not renew traffic and weather. I think that was an extra $3 to $4 per month. She couldn't get me any deals on that...In total it took me about 10 minutes.