ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Help with option packages, colors, and financing.

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-10, 10:19 AM
D_Nyholm
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with option packages, colors, and financing.

My mother is looking at purchasing a new ES350 and I was playing around with the configurator online. It looks like there are only 2 packages to purchase for the car? Package 1 and Package 2. Seems a little strange to me? Also, Package 2 lists 'Enhances Bluetooth' but the standard features list Bluetooth, what is she missing with that? How is the standard screen as opposed to the color screen? I haven't seen either in person, but I am imagining a monochrome dot matrix display! Please tell me it looks decent and not cheap. Is there anything besides Package 1 (HID's, heated/cooled seats, wood steering wheel) that is a necessary option?

Also, does anyone have any real world pictures of Truffle Mica? Is it a Metallic Brown? It sure looks nice on the configurator. Lastly, is Lexus offering any special loan rates? I know that Penfed is offering 2.99%, but 0% would be awesome! Any other buying advice you can give would be appreciated!
Old 08-06-10, 10:27 AM
D_Nyholm
Driver School Candidate

Ugh, and now i read in the 'standard features' list the other options that are available like the Ultra Luxury Package. How come I can't configure that online? I think that would be a better package than 'Package One' that they are forcing me to chose. Can a dealer order the car anyway you want or are only package one and package two cars available? Why do they have to make it so annoying?
Old 08-06-10, 10:55 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

Yes, that is what Lexus is doing at this time - just the two packages, one with navigation plus some other options and one without. I believe you can still order what you want but they state that it will be a long wait. My salesman told me he has had people special order cars but has never had one wait until it arrives before picking out something else. I was tempted to prove him wrong for a black interior but I too caved in. I have nav on my 2010 which I purchased before the current configurations were the only offerings. If I were to buy from the current offerings I think I would insist that they remove the trunk lip spoiler that is now included in the package - I don't like it.

As for the enhanced blue tooth I'm not sure what they are saying. Without navigation there really is no screen to speak of. I can say that the bluetooth in my 2010 works much better than the bluetooth in my 2007 without nav and I don't know if it is because it is "enhanced" of just 3 years newer.

So I guess it gets down to whether you want nav or not. I got it this time along with the very nice backup camera and parking assist and I probably will never go back to a car without navigation. Not only is it very nice but it also is usually a big plus when reselling.

I don't have an answer to the Ultra option question and wondered the same thing myself.

Dave Mac
Old 08-06-10, 03:48 PM
miniz
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I would go the Ultra Lux package without question. This is something people are going to want on used car and the features are very useful to yourself. If you just can't budget ultra lux, make sure you have HID's, heated/cooled seats, navi, back-up cam, parking sensors, and BT. Those are expected in this class of car on the used market. Anything more adds value to the your, anything less makes it undesirable. Ultra lux is normally a home run on the used car market, because most people are too cheap to purchase it new.
Old 08-06-10, 06:17 PM
D_Nyholm
Driver School Candidate

That is what seems to be the problem. You can't even get thecar with anything other than package one or package two. I wonder how long a custom order will take?
Old 08-06-10, 07:13 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by D_Nyholm
That is what seems to be the problem. You can't even get thecar with anything other than package one or package two. I wonder how long a custom order will take?
One thing for sure the building of the car through Lexus site or others, Edmunds, etc are not totally in line with whats on lot. So you need to go to actual dealer or better yet call and they will tell how they come, because ordering is not good option since both dealer I worked with told me up front they could do it but GM's would not allow much disc on car in case they got stuck ( you backed out ) with veh and it wasnt something they sell easily, both were consistent with answers anyway.

Basically 3 options on lot. 1) base -- very few options on it 2) by far large % built is Nav/ and many if not most options. 3) # 2 plus ml stereo and panaramic roof 3% build and couple other minor enhancements.

So imo call dealer and tell them your wants and they will let you know if possible and what MSRP will be , but dont go by websites not consistent with what's on lot. Hope that helps.