ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

>>> I'M MAD AS HELL i'm mad as hell !!! <<<

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-10, 05:07 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you are happy. See, they took care of you.
Old 04-22-10, 06:43 PM
NoiseFree
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MD350
Glad to see you are happy. See, they took care of you.

Yes thanks!
The last couple of days have been quite stressful but things have finally settled down today.
Old 04-23-10, 01:05 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Cool, glad you are happy.

By the way, is the hacksaw job just a temporary fix until Lexus can redesign the pedals and get you guys new ones? I hope you guys don't have to live with those hacked up pedals forever.
Old 04-23-10, 05:07 AM
pestleman0
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QuachmanES
Although it's not a huge issue, I can see where the OP's pedal might be "sticky." If you look closely at the pedal, you can see a sharp edge on one of the ridges that can catch on to his shoe.

http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/index.cfm
Old 04-23-10, 06:54 AM
purebliss
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This fix is crazy to do.
Again the accident happened because they put an RX all weather mat in an ES on top of the regular mat. That was the cause of the fatal crash.
There is no need to get this hack job.
Look at the clearence for yourself and you will see there is plently of room.

What makes no sense is we are still getting 2010 in and we have to cut the pedals so the factory hasn't even changed the pedal yet. So who knows when this new pedal we will see.
Old 04-23-10, 08:40 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by purebliss
This fix is crazy to do.
Again the accident happened because they put an RX all weather mat in an ES on top of the regular mat. That was the cause of the fatal crash.
There is no need to get this hack job.
Look at the clearence for yourself and you will see there is plently of room.

What makes no sense is we are still getting 2010 in and we have to cut the pedals so the factory hasn't even changed the pedal yet. So who knows when this new pedal we will see.
Not true, purchased 2010 ES350 in March and it came with new pedal, etc...no fix needed.....manuf date 01/2010.
Old 04-23-10, 09:18 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Glad they hooked you up. That was about as bad a hack job as I've seen. I made a point of looking down at mine after work yesteday and it looks nothing like that!
Old 04-23-10, 11:03 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

The hack saw solution is not acceptable, even if it's done with some degree of craftsmanship.
Old 04-23-10, 06:10 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

So, my wife had the recall completed on her 2010 Highlander today. The pedal does not look that bad. They actually rounded the edge in all areas that they cut. They must have sanded it or something. No doubt by your pics, the tech did not complete the job correctly.

Also, due to my wife's request, the Toyota dealer ordered a newly designed pedal for us, should be in stock for install in about 2 weeks. Honestly, we could probably keep the one we got. I will try to post pics this weekend if anyone cares to see.

(because I sold my ES, some wish I no longer post here)
Old 04-23-10, 06:47 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

So, my wife had the recall completed on her 2010 Highlander today. The pedal does not look that bad. They actually rounded the edge in all areas that they cut. They must have sanded it or something. No doubt by your pics, the tech did not complete the job correctly.

Also, due to my wife's request, the Toyota dealer ordered a newly designed pedal for us, should be in stock for install in about 2 weeks. Honestly, we could probably keep the one we got. I will try to post pics this weekend if anyone cares to see.

Hey MD, in my book you're always welcome here.

BTW, how do you like the TL after owning it for a while now?
Old 04-23-10, 08:23 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

MD....your're obviously referring to my previous post....I'm just trying to stop all the bashing that can be pervasive towards Lexus on here and we all know majority of stuff is very minute items. But beleive it or not people come on here to get info and make decisions on purchasing Lexus vehs...heck i did even though had es330 for 6 yrs. Anyway as Lexus owners the more positive feedback the better the value the car will stay intact. I learn QUITE a bit from veterans like yourself, Lexbob, jagtoes and many others.....so again was just trying to shut the water faucet off if you know what I mean...hopefully you understand. My Loyalty sometimes gets in the way. I'm sure you have some mixed emotions with all you had to go through and moving to Acura....good luck.
Old 04-24-10, 12:20 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Hey MD, in my book you're always welcome here.

BTW, how do you like the TL after owning it for a while now?
Hey Lex Bob,

First, as to forums, the Acurazine is too large. This one has a more "tight" group. So, I'll swing by from time to time and add anything relevant.

As to the TL, a hoot to drive but can honestly say that I do miss some of the luxury items that the Lexus had. The Acura has many pluses that the Lexus didn't have. Look, there is no perfect car. I can PM you, if you wish, to give you some more details (pro/con list).

Hope your 2010 ES is running strong! I'll keep in touch!
Old 04-24-10, 12:23 PM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
MD....your're obviously referring to my previous post....I'm just trying to stop all the bashing that can be pervasive towards Lexus on here and we all know majority of stuff is very minute items. But beleive it or not people come on here to get info and make decisions on purchasing Lexus vehs...heck i did even though had es330 for 6 yrs. Anyway as Lexus owners the more positive feedback the better the value the car will stay intact. I learn QUITE a bit from veterans like yourself, Lexbob, jagtoes and many others.....so again was just trying to shut the water faucet off if you know what I mean...hopefully you understand. My Loyalty sometimes gets in the way. I'm sure you have some mixed emotions with all you had to go through and moving to Acura....good luck.
No sweat, I was being sarcastic about the "dump the car" comment. This post actually did spark my interest because my wife's Highlander was just recalled last week.
Old 04-24-10, 07:25 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

I thought Lexus was supposed to be coming out with a new pedal?, I believe my dealer told me recently that all they are doing is the software update for the stuck pedal and no shaving. I really don't think there is need for a pedal shave (just the software upgrade) Lexus (Toyota) is being ambushed with all the negative publicity, but still it looks like you're having problems with just poor CS from your dealer. Hope you get it resolved.
Old 04-25-10, 10:35 AM
MD350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by LexPaul
I thought Lexus was supposed to be coming out with a new pedal?, I believe my dealer told me recently that all they are doing is the software update for the stuck pedal and no shaving. I really don't think there is need for a pedal shave (just the software upgrade) Lexus (Toyota) is being ambushed with all the negative publicity, but still it looks like you're having problems with just poor CS from your dealer. Hope you get it resolved.
I think the dealers are scared to death. We did not want our pedal shaved on the Highlander, my wife took it in on Friday. The service adviser told her they legally have to shave it, no exception. However, they ordered her a newly designed pedal that will be in stock in two weeks. Apparently, the Highlander did not need the software update or carpet adjustment.

Quick Reply: >>> I'M MAD AS HELL i'm mad as hell !!! <<<