ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Are dealers allowed to redo TSIB ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-10, 11:57 AM
jinnjia
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are dealers allowed to redo TSIB ?

Long story short, my rear windshield is making ticking noise especially after the car has been driven for awhile when the car fram has been flex a little.

The dealer stated they have already performed the fix (TSIB# L-SB-0090-08) awhile back and refuse to do it over again, and now insisting the rattle noise is normal.

Again long story short, I am guessing the dealer probably won't get compensated for repeating the same job, please let me know if anyone have ever experienced this situation and how else can I proceed.

Will visiting another dealer help ?
But I am sure all the record is tied under the vehicle, so I wonder if other dealer may also refuse to redo the same TSIB again.

Thanks for all your help !
Old 04-23-10, 01:29 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts

I think you are right in assuming that no dealer will be paid for doing the TSIB a second time (and yes the service record follows the car) but you should insist that the first dealer redo it even at his expense until he gets it done correctly and solves the problem. How can that noise be normal?

A creative service manager would reword the complaint in such a way as to make it a new complaint and a warranty issue of some sort.

Good luck.

Dave Mac
Old 04-23-10, 01:44 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

It sounds like you may not be the original owner of the car. You can access the service history of your car online at Lexus.com to confirm that the TSIB was done and if so, who the dealer was. If it's a CPO I'd think they'd try to correct the problem under that warranty.

I agree with Dave Mac that there should be ways to get the noise fixed
Old 04-23-10, 04:47 PM
jinnjia
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the feed back, I am the original owner of the car.
What happened was a year ago I notice the ticking noise in the rear and at that time I thought the dealer applied the "TPMS" noise fix by the roof of the car. Until recently I notice a different noise and took the car in again but was advised additional TSIB was done along with the TPMS noise fix, and therefore they refuse to mess with it again.

I just came back from the dealer and this time they insist all the ES350 makes the same noise and it is just a "characteristic" of the car.

I also complained about the torsion rod rattle noise whenver there is a bass in the sound, I even spend a lot of time looking for a CD with a paticular song which can easily duplicate the noise, unfortunately they showed me two other 07 ES350 they had in the lot and played the same song which made the same rattle and advised since other same model makes the exact same rattle, there is nothing they can do.......

Oh well.......what happened to slogan of "Pursuit of Perfection".......

If it wasnt because of the recent recall, I probably wound't want to bother with it since I should know better what the dealer would say.....

About the rear windsheld ticking noise, appearantly there is no TSIB for it, the one I was referring earlier (TSIB# L-SB-0090-08) only applies for the front wind shield, but it is the same exact symptoms I am experiencing, unfortunately most dealer's internal policy is "no TSIB no fix"