ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

'07 es 350 won't start

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-10, 10:07 PM
psushko350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '07 es 350 won't start

Is anyone familiar w/ any sort of security/safety system in the '07 Lexus ES 350 that would shut off the engine and prevent it from starting? My car was in an accident where the front was hit, the steering wheel, and knee airbags were blown. The seatbelts were blown. The bumber and headlights were hit, and the engine shifted and broke the mount. Minor wirings are broken underneath the bumper. The fuses in the interior fusebox appear to be functional but only two fuses are getting power supply (the gadge cluster and the start button). The fusebox under the hood, less then 10 are not getting any power and the rest appear to be fine. Nothing on the dashboard is working and the windows do not operate, however the keyless entry is working. Any idea how I can start the car? I am also missing the fusebox cover from under the hood, can anyone take a picture of their fusebox cover so that I can at least know which fuses are operating and which ones are not? Thanks!
Old 04-07-10, 05:07 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

LOL this must be a joke post. Even if this were true why would you want to try to start the engine when it would be moved off of it's mounts. This would be considered trash.
Old 04-07-10, 07:45 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

this car needs way more than just 'start the Engine ' it needs a Wrecker so you can get it some serious help imo....if this is truly real on what happen...I'm like Jags..not sure.....what are you trying to accomplish by starting it....would think you want it in repair shop so some Insurance Co ?? can see how much it's going to cost to make repairs. The towing is 100.00 bucks or so Ins will tow for you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-07-10, 08:14 PM
pestleman0
Driver

Originally Posted by psushko350
Is anyone familiar w/ any sort of security/safety system in the '07 Lexus ES 350 that would shut off the engine and prevent it from starting? My car was in an accident where the front was hit, the steering wheel, and knee airbags were blown. The seatbelts were blown. The bumber and headlights were hit, and the engine shifted and broke the mount. Minor wirings are broken underneath the bumper. The fuses in the interior fusebox appear to be functional but only two fuses are getting power supply (the gadge cluster and the start button). The fusebox under the hood, less then 10 are not getting any power and the rest appear to be fine. Nothing on the dashboard is working and the windows do not operate, however the keyless entry is working. Any idea how I can start the car? I am also missing the fusebox cover from under the hood, can anyone take a picture of their fusebox cover so that I can at least know which fuses are operating and which ones are not? Thanks!

Today is April 7th. 7 days late.
Old 04-07-10, 09:19 PM
psushko350
Driver School Candidate

I bought this car hit at a salvage auto auction and my reason to start it is simple. I need to know if the engine is running, then I can continue investing money into it and fix it, but if the engine is dead then I will put it back on the same auction and try not to lose any more money on it.
Old 04-07-10, 11:02 PM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are trying to do get the car in running condition??...with body work and all??......IMHO you're throwing your money away...Also, I'm sure if this forum deals with salvage vehicles with the amount of damage you mention....
Old 04-08-10, 05:04 AM
pestleman0
Driver

[QUOTE=psushko350;5383927]I bought this car hit at a salvage auto auction and my reason to start it is simple. I need to know if the engine is running, then I can continue investing money into it and fix it, but if the engine is dead then I will put it back on the same auction and try not to lose any more money on it.[/QUOT

These cars are not cheap to fix. Potentially sounds like a bad investment. I vote for put it back on the auction.
Old 04-08-10, 05:52 AM
jagtoes
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts

Sounds like a waste of time but being from the old school and doing a few engine conversions here's what I think you need to do. 1st I don't believe you can actually start the engine unless the CPU is getting power. I would suggest to get 12v to the starter using a jumper (hotwire the starter)to see if the motor turns over. Also check for fluid leaks and if you have any (oil or trans. ) then you have a major problem. The sheet metal work will be easy compared to the suspension and drive components. What was the "totaled" value of the car. How much to repair. You may get more money just parting it out.
Old 04-08-10, 03:14 PM
psushko350
Driver School Candidate

So I see you guys haven’t seen a car that has been in an accident I happens to fix those for some side income, I am looking for someone who knows about this particular cars security system, and for the rest of you who doesn’t understand what I am talking about a simple picture of your cars’ fuse box covers’ inside would be really helpful. Thanks.
Old 04-12-10, 11:35 AM
ESBob72
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by psushko350
So I see you guys haven’t seen a car that has been in an accident I happens to fix those for some side income, I am looking for someone who knows about this particular cars security system, and for the rest of you who doesn’t understand what I am talking about a simple picture of your cars’ fuse box covers’ inside would be really helpful. Thanks.
I'll do what I can to help you. I know how difficult it is to get any information from Lexus. They are very proprietary and don't even like Toyota mechanics working on their cars. The part numbers for the same parts are different. Anyway, there are 4 fuses that control the start function on the ES. The AM2,IG2,IGN and the ST/AM2. These fuses are all located in the left had front fuse box under the hood. A word of caution; the EFI fuses could also cause a no start as the ECM located on the right hand firewall, has to be satisfied to "allow" a start condition. Low or no fuel pressure or a missing sensor will not allow the car to turn over. Check all of your broken wires to make sure they are not going to vital components. Like these guys are saying, you may be in over your head. This is a very sophisticated car. Be careful and good luck.