ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Satin Cashmere Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-09, 09:03 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Satin Cashmere Metallic

Has anyone seen a satin cashmere metallic 2010 ES with the black interior. My lease runs out soon and I thought I would at least like to see this car with the black interior rather than the parchment before I do anything. The local AZ dealers tell me it won't be built this way other than by special order 4-6 mos. I am curious as to whether they are really saying they just haven't received any with the black interior in this region in the early deliveries. So if anyone has seen such a car anywhere in the country I would appreciate hearing about it. Lexus.com of course says the combination is available.

Thanks.

Dave Mac
Old 10-30-09, 03:50 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

See if they can do search. They know what's coming on the boat(s).
Old 10-30-09, 06:38 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

There is nothing coming on the boat(s) for this region but I wonder if that is just in the near future or forever.

Dave Mac
Old 10-30-09, 07:58 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Mac
Has anyone seen a satin cashmere metallic 2010 ES with the black interior. My lease runs out soon and I thought I would at least like to see this car with the black interior rather than the parchment before I do anything. The local AZ dealers tell me it won't be built this way other than by special order 4-6 mos. I am curious as to whether they are really saying they just haven't received any with the black interior in this region in the early deliveries. So if anyone has seen such a car anywhere in the country I would appreciate hearing about it. Lexus.com of course says the combination is available.

Thanks.

Dave Mac
Is this a new color for 2010? The name doesn't sound familiar.
Old 10-30-09, 08:45 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Yes, Satin Cashmere replaces Golden Almond, a color that Lexus has had forever. It is much lighter and looks almost silver except when next to a silver or gray car. I see several car companies offer a similar color this year and acutally the best looking is the Chevrolet version on a new Malibu. I like the new color and quickly decided that it is what I will be getting. All of my Lexus has been the golden almond or it's predecessors and I have always had the matching interior but thought I might go with black with this new color - only to be told that it is not truly available at least in the west. They send silver with black and even an occasional white with black so why not cashmere with black. The new parchment interior with the darker floor mats is nice so once I truly believe that black will not be available I'll probably move on to that. I don't have the time or patience to wait for a special order since I am already over on my miles.

Dave Mac
Old 10-30-09, 09:01 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

I've owned a few light colored leather interiors and nothing beats black.
Black leather looks great and not having to sit on a towel to avoid jeans or dress pants dye film stain on seats is great.
Old 10-30-09, 04:44 PM
lgb0250
Intermediate

Received 116 Likes on 77 Posts

Yes, Satin Cashmere replaces Golden Almond, a color that Lexus has had forever. It is much lighter and looks almost silver except when next to a silver or gray car. I see several car companies offer a similar color this year and acutally the best looking is the Chevrolet version on a new Malibu. I like the new color and quickly decided that it is what I will be getting. All of my Lexus has been the golden almond or it's predecessors and I have always had the matching interior but thought I might go with black with this new color - only to be told that it is not truly available at least in the west. They send silver with black and even an occasional white with black so why not cashmere with black. The new parchment interior with the darker floor mats is nice so once I truly believe that black will not be available I'll probably move on to that. I don't have the time or patience to wait for a special order since I am already over on my miles.

Dave Mac
This is the color I had told the dealer I wanted until I got to the dealer and saw it in person. It was sitting right next to a Matador Red one and I immediately told the manager that I wanted the Red one. The Satin Cashmere one just looked kind of "blah"!! No pizazz at all.
Old 11-30-09, 04:29 PM
tonyst
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Satin Cashmere with Black Interior

I have seen the Satin Cashmere but not with the black interior. I believe it would look great. My dealer in Minneapolis requested this vehice with the Nav/Levinson/Ultra package be included in their December allotment. We negotiated pricing. I should know within 48 hours if Lexus will deliver.
Old 12-01-09, 06:10 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

I did get a a 2010 Satin Cashmere Metallic with Parchment interior last week and like it real well. I was able to locate a few Satin Cashmere with black leather in the midewest region but the cost of getting the car to Arizona was either too great or it was going to take too long. I still think it would be a great combination.

Dave Mac
Old 12-01-09, 06:52 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I did get a a 2010 Satin Cashmere Metallic with Parchment interior last week and like it real well. I was able to locate a few Satin Cashmere with black leather in the midewest region but the cost of getting the car to Arizona was either too great or it was going to take too long. I still think it would be a great combination.

Dave Mac
I saw this color on the street a couple of days ago and it looked nice.

Didn't you have an '07? How do the two compare - Major differences?
Old 12-01-09, 07:58 PM
Dave Mac
Racer

LexBob2: Well, I guess there are really no major differences but there are some improvements over my 2007 - some of which I believe were actually made in 2008 and 2009 like the small outside mirrors and black switches - still not lighted though. You've seen the exterior changes and although they may not really be improvements they do give the car a refreshed look, some think LS and other Acura. I did have a not real involved neighbor LS460 owner say "I see you got an LS this time" today.

Interior trim is a little more brown and less red which is good but as I said I would have liked the birdseye look that is only available with the black leather. The center console is larger and has a better top cover. And the interior lighting is better - not as attractive but better lighting.

I have navigation with this car for the first time and so far like it real well - not too difficult to operate. Most of all I like the backup camera.

And believe it or not I really like the satellite radio and even the sharksfin antenna.

Cars other than Ultra's in CA and Arizona don't come with HID AFS headlights by dealer request so I don't have those which holds the cost down by $800.

The first thing I noticed upon leaving the dealership was that I believe the seatbelts are thinner with an almost sharp edge. It is funny how something like this grabs you right away. I also noticed later that the floor mats which are now a very dark taupe color even with the parchment interior are more flexible than the previous mats.

I have noticed that the car is quieter than my 2007 and does not yet have the dieseling noise that many of us had. The service tech told me today that may just be because the car is new but that they also are now coming with Lexus branded synthetic oil which will be mandated for all changes. If that helps with the noise I'll be happy.

I have the parking assist for the first time also but it appears to not operate until you are closer to an object than I usually get anyway.

The new wheels are also a nice change - mine are chrome.

And the reaction of all who see the new Satin Cashmere Metallic has been positive. I have had golden almond metallic for many years and it seems that at least my whole family was tired of it. If I just could have located one with black leather.

So all of this with almost no price change is not bad - I'm satisfied.

Dave Mac
Old 12-02-09, 04:07 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I just saw the new light blue metallic color. Looks washed out to me as I passed the woman driving it. Interesting that they need a Lexus formulation to get rid of the dieseling noise. But if it works, I would be interested.
Old 12-02-09, 04:35 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

LexBob2: Well, I guess there are really no major differences but there are some improvements over my 2007 - some of which I believe were actually made in 2008 and 2009 like the small outside mirrors and black switches - still not lighted though. You've seen the exterior changes and although they may not really be improvements they do give the car a refreshed look, some think LS and other Acura. I did have a not real involved neighbor LS460 owner say "I see you got an LS this time" today.

Interior trim is a little more brown and less red which is good but as I said I would have liked the birdseye look that is only available with the black leather. The center console is larger and has a better top cover. And the interior lighting is better - not as attractive but better lighting.

I have navigation with this car for the first time and so far like it real well - not too difficult to operate. Most of all I like the backup camera.

And believe it or not I really like the satellite radio and even the sharksfin antenna.

Cars other than Ultra's in CA and Arizona don't come with HID AFS headlights by dealer request so I don't have those which holds the cost down by $800.

The first thing I noticed upon leaving the dealership was that I believe the seatbelts are thinner with an almost sharp edge. It is funny how something like this grabs you right away. I also noticed later that the floor mats which are now a very dark taupe color even with the parchment interior are more flexible than the previous mats.

I have noticed that the car is quieter than my 2007 and does not yet have the dieseling noise that many of us had. The service tech told me today that may just be because the car is new but that they also are now coming with Lexus branded synthetic oil which will be mandated for all changes. If that helps with the noise I'll be happy.

I have the parking assist for the first time also but it appears to not operate until you are closer to an object than I usually get anyway.

The new wheels are also a nice change - mine are chrome.

And the reaction of all who see the new Satin Cashmere Metallic has been positive. I have had golden almond metallic for many years and it seems that at least my whole family was tired of it. If I just could have located one with black leather.

So all of this with almost no price change is not bad - I'm satisfied.

Dave Mac
Dave,are you sure the '10s come with synthetic.There's still a 5K change interval.I would think it would be longer if synthetic was used.I'm going to go with synthetic at 5K.
I agree with you on the satellite radio.I'm going to purchase when 90 day trial period ends.
I also love the bluetooth.Works well with voice too.
I haven't seen any Satin Cashmere Metallic's on the road yet here.
If I do,I'll see if one has black interior.

Last edited by Joeb427; 12-02-09 at 05:11 AM.
Old 12-02-09, 06:22 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

Yes, that is what the shop foreman told me yesterday. Synthetic with a lower viscosity and the same 5,000 mile change interval which he commented on too. I believe they want to keep us coming in at least every 5K - times are tough.

Dave Mac
Old 12-02-09, 06:27 AM
Dave Mac
Racer

I bet you will see cashmere with black leather in NJ. They have only been building about 6% cashmere ES's in this region I guess because it is new. One California dealer told me it was a gold color (might have been thinking of that dark discontinued color) and they wouldn't be ordering any at all. The AZ dealers are selling all the cashmere cars they can get and are dealer trading for more. The dealer that did find a cashmere with black car for me got it for his wife when I declined.

Dave Mac

Quick Reply: Satin Cashmere Metallic