ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Rattling Issue With The Es350, Video Attached!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-09, 06:58 PM
saabkyle04
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Rattling Issue With The Es350, Video Attached!

Please follow this link to the video I am talking about, it shows a loud persisting rattle in the back of my 2007 ES350.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPVJGmAkoTo

I have taken it to the dealer numerous times, they said it had been fixed, and it never truly has been for some reason

I have insulated every piece of metal I could get to without taking out the package tray (which I think is where the source is.

This rattles constantly driving, so if the radio is off, you have to listen to this NAGGING RATTLE lol

I think I will have to take this video and show them, because frankly I don't think they can either hear it, they don't know what I'm talking about or what not. I actually took a video to show a dash rattle and that was fixed completely.

has ANYONE heard anything like this, does anyone have any idea what it could be? the sunshade works fine, I just cannot understand this and it's bothered me for over a year now.

Oh and one more thing, I really notice it more on highways and long stretches of road, versus short distance city driving, if that helps at all!

Thanks so much everyone, I really hope I can get this resolved, I really wish I could listen to quiet in my car, for the money this car costs, this needs to be fixed and shouldn't be in there in the first place!

Your fellow clublexus member,

saabkyle04
Old 07-12-09, 07:48 AM
codejd
Pit Crew

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I thought I was the only one with this problem.

My car (2008) has been in at least 10 times, the dealer has kept the car for a total of about 30 nights

Your only saving grace is to have the ML system, which I do not

Like the Apple though
Old 07-12-09, 09:09 AM
pestleman0
Driver

I believe it is your FM antenna in the ceiling above the back seat. If so, there is a TSB on this. Search the TSB thread.
Old 07-12-09, 04:24 PM
John_B
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pestleman0
I believe it is your FM antenna in the ceiling above the back seat. If so, there is a TSB on this. Search the TSB thread.
The FM antenna is built into the rear window, it is possible it is the antenna cable.

The Tire Pressure Monitoring System has a receiver and an antenna located under the headliner near the center of the rear window, that is another possibility.

You might get someone else to drive the car so you can ride in the rear seat to get a better idea where the area of the rattle is located.

John
Old 07-12-09, 04:40 PM
saabkyle04
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I saw something about the tire pressure monitoring system in a TSIB for the ES350, I guess I'll just have to take it into the dealer and show them and specifically let them know what's going on, maybe then they can pin point the problem, thanks to everyone so far for replying!
Old 07-12-09, 09:39 PM
pestleman0
Driver

Originally Posted by John_B
The FM antenna is built into the rear window, it is possible it is the antenna cable.

The Tire Pressure Monitoring System has a receiver and an antenna located under the headliner near the center of the rear window, that is another possibility.

You might get someone else to drive the car so you can ride in the rear seat to get a better idea where the area of the rattle is located.

John
That's right. Thank you for clarifying.

http://www.lexustsb.com/questions/18...HEADLINER+AREA
Old 07-13-09, 07:14 AM
doyone
Driver School Candidate

Could it be the powershade? I have a 2005 Camry that also has a power shade that rattles.
Old 07-13-09, 03:21 PM
bchi99
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

omg i have this annoying crappy rattle too! what to do?