ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2010 es

Old 08-06-09, 05:00 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

GOOD WORK! Not even Autoblog knows about it! I'd send them your links and they'll give you credit if they post it. I am sure they'd be interested. Also, I have always found it strange these cars seem to "debut" at actual dealerships. What are they doing there in the first place? It's not like the car is already for sale, is it? Lexus would formally anounce the car with photos before putting on a showroom floor (?).
As for the car itself... the wheels look tiny. I don't think the US will get those base (16") rims (they look like TSX rims btw). Overall, I like the rest. It's a good evolution of the current body. The only thing I am on the fence with is the Ronald McDonald grimmace smile with the front lower intake. It's too thin, too long, and is punctuated with the new foglight dimples. Kind of goofy, but I am sure I'll adjust to it quickly.
Thanks very much for posting these shots! I've been on the edge of my chair waiting and waiting for something to appear.
Old 08-06-09, 05:01 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cjl22
Thanks Mister Two. Any chance of getting some interior shots? Thanks
Sorry the two persons who took these pics do not have pics of the interior. I doubt if there'll be anything visually different inside though.
Old 08-06-09, 05:50 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Mister Two
Sorry the two persons who took these pics do not have pics of the interior. I doubt if there'll be anything visually different inside though.
See the bottom of page 1 of this thread.....there are some 'interior upgrades' so it is possible that there are visual changes.

I've got a couple of e-mails out to my Lexus contacts to see if they can spill any additional specifics.

Last edited by Lexusfreak; 08-07-09 at 04:59 AM.
Old 08-07-09, 05:00 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Question

Mister Two,

Do you mind if I were to post your pics on www.lexusownersclub.com ? I'm sure the ES folks who are not members here would appreciate them.
Old 08-08-09, 12:03 PM
JDKane527
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like same changes to grill/front and tails as happened to 2010 2IS and RX.
Old 08-08-09, 12:16 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

Originally Posted by stonefan52
Looks like same changes to grill/front and tails as happened to 2010 2IS and RX.
Yup.....now all we need is some interior pics to see what has been upgraded/changed.
Old 08-08-09, 12:17 PM
bjjones
Driver

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
GOOD WORK! Not even Autoblog knows about it! I'd send them your links and they'll give you credit if they post it. I am sure they'd be interested. Also, I have always found it strange these cars seem to "debut" at actual dealerships. What are they doing there in the first place? It's not like the car is already for sale, is it? Lexus would formally anounce the car with photos before putting on a showroom floor (?).
As for the car itself... the wheels look tiny. I don't think the US will get those base (16") rims (they look like TSX rims btw). Overall, I like the rest. It's a good evolution of the current body. The only thing I am on the fence with is the Ronald McDonald grimmace smile with the front lower intake. It's too thin, too long, and is punctuated with the new foglight dimples. Kind of goofy, but I am sure I'll adjust to it quickly.
Thanks very much for posting these shots! I've been on the edge of my chair waiting and waiting for something to appear.
I agree that the lower front grille is horrible looking! All the other changes based on the pictures seem fine and don't change the pleasant exterior of the ES. However, a few of the Lexus ES competitors have raised the bar on exterior and interior design such as the 2010 Buick LaCrosse. Hopefully, the next version ES will have bolder, less conservative styling ques to set it further apart from it's other challengers in this segment.
Old 08-08-09, 12:30 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

Originally Posted by bjjones
I agree that the lower front grille is horrible looking! All the other changes based on the pictures seem fine and don't change the pleasant exterior of the ES. However, a few of the Lexus ES competitors have raised the bar on exterior and interior design such as the 2010 Buick LaCrosse. Hopefully, the next version ES will have bolder, less conservative styling ques to set it further apart from it's other challengers in this segment.
Don't count on it...the ES has always been a fairly conservative styled vehicle.....and it's Lexus' entry level vehicle as opposed to the Buick which is their 'Flagship'.
Old 08-08-09, 01:01 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak
Don't count on it...the ES has always been a fairly conservative styled vehicle.....and it's Lexus' entry level vehicle as opposed to the Buick which is their 'Flagship'.
I agree. If they have long term plans for it, the GS could use a styling and performance shot in the arm to keep it competitive in that segment. The ES, I think, will be as you described it.
Old 08-08-09, 02:42 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I am NOT feeling the foglights, but the rear lights and grill and the extra chrome is all good. cant believe the car leaked! good job!!

are there most dramatic creases on the hood where it meets the grill? I see changes in the turn signals of the headlights, but I cant tell if the headlights are sharper in shape...
Old 08-08-09, 05:24 PM
bjjones
Driver

Actually the IS series is considered the entry level model in the Lexus lineup. Furthermore the Enclave is Buick's "flagship" model, not the 2010 LaCrosse. And even though the LaCrosse is the first completely redesigned Buick for 2010 since GM filed for bankruptcy and re-organized, it is still a direct competitor now to the ES.

Last edited by bjjones; 08-08-09 at 05:33 PM.
Old 08-08-09, 05:40 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Wink

Originally Posted by bjjones
Actually the IS series is considered the entry level car in the Lexus lineup. Furthermore the Enclave is Buick's "flagship" model, not the 2010 LaCrosse. And even though the LaCrosse is the first completely redesigned Buick for 2010 since GM filed for bankruptcy and re-organized, it is still a direct competitor now to the ES.
That's debatable.....the IS did not arrive to the Lexus N/A lineup until 2001....so the ES took the entry level spot since 1990......it's hard to call the IS line the 'entry level' line considering the IS-F & some models in between (IE: AWD, now a convertible model etc)...no ES-F, nor an AWD model...yet....& I doubt ever a convertible.

One needs to consider the mission of the model to begin with & the target market Lexus is trying to reach....it's not necessarily always it's 'starting' price point.

I was referring to passenger cars too btw.....not crossovers or SUV's.

Buick may consider the ES a direct competitor for the LaCrosse (Allure in Canada).....but I have yet to read a Lexus ad or hear a Lexus commercial ever mentioning Buick period. That is why Toyota has the Avalon.....and especially recently since GM's bankruptcy. Lexus has it's image to think about....GM is just simply trying not to sink into the Abyss.

Last edited by Lexusfreak; 08-08-09 at 06:34 PM.
Old 08-08-09, 05:52 PM
LexFather

Wow, great scoop...me no likey for now
Old 08-08-09, 06:55 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

That's debatable.....the IS did not arrive to the Lexus N/A lineup until 2001....so the ES took the entry level spot since 1990......it's hard to call the IS line the 'entry level' line considering the IS-F & some models in between (IE: AWD, now a convertible model etc)...no ES-F, nor an AWD model...yet....& I doubt ever a convertible.

One needs to consider the mission of the model to begin with & the target market Lexus is trying to reach....it's not necessarily always it's 'starting' price point.

I was referring to passenger cars too btw.....not crossovers or SUV's.

Buick may consider the ES a direct competitor for the LaCrosse (Allure in Canada).....but I have yet to read a Lexus ad or hear a Lexus commercial ever mentioning Buick period. That is why Toyota has the Avalon.....and especially recently since GM's bankruptcy. Lexus has it's image to think about....GM is just simply trying not to sink into the Abyss.
This LaCrosse/Allure talk makes you wonder where the Lucerne now fits into the Buick lineup. Since they have only three vehicles (2 cars/1 SUV) I'm sure that it will remain.
Old 08-08-09, 07:03 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

Originally Posted by LexBob2
This LaCrosse/Allure talk makes you wonder where the Lucerne now fits into the Buick lineup. Since they have only three vehicles (2 cars/1 SUV) I'm sure that it will remain.
Agreed ^ The Lucerne is one classic example of why GM declared bankruptcy. It should have never been produced to begin with.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2010 es