ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

2010 es

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-09, 05:08 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like the changes, I think it makes the car look more aggressive & expensive looking as well as sleek with the added chrome on the side. I really like the way they did the wood and chrome in the interior. looks good below the navigation screen and glovebox area as well as the steering wheel. I see in the interior shots, they added power folding mirrors button too!
I will take one in black of course. Is it chrome around the fog lamps? either way, I think it will make a nice statement going down the road. I just not a fan of the standard wheels though. They look small and cheap looking. I rather have the 17" from the pre-refresh or just the 18" from the GS and IS or any other Lexus sedan with the 18"
Old 09-13-09, 06:22 PM
superchan7
Lead Lap

Power folding mirrors are common outside the US, even on small economy cars, due to small parking spaces. Same with parking sensors, which are widely available even on Corollas and Civics outside North America.

Bet you they'll be deleted from the US cars to cut cost.
Old 09-14-09, 06:31 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by LexBob2
I just saw an on TV for the 2010 ES350. The ad said available at your Chicagoland Lexus Dealers. I didn't think it was available until later this month or early Oct. Anyone else seeing the ad?
Originally Posted by carcass29
I just saw the ad on TV last night....broadcast in NYC 10:00pm....and the front end looks like garbage in my PO.
I just saw the 2010 Lexus ES 350 commercial last night. I guess it's here already...
Old 09-14-09, 09:19 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,826 Likes on 1,288 Posts

^^^^The Lexus site is still showing the '09 ES.

Lou
Old 09-14-09, 10:32 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Trexus
I just saw the 2010 Lexus ES 350 commercial last night. I guess it's here already...
Just saw it here in L.A. also. This is one of those very rare times they give the car to the public before Autoblog does any breaking story on it. 99% of the time it's officially shown online before TV. Lexus is sneaky!!!
Old 09-15-09, 05:32 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

I drove by a Lexus dealership on Sunday and they just had a small handful of 2009's on the lot and in the showroom. No 2010's in sight.
Old 09-17-09, 12:39 PM
Mind18
Driver

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
How ironic that the refresh does NOT look like the one from the leaked pics earlier with the ugly flat front bumper.

I like this lower bumper better than the current model. The current bumper makes the car look fat and a bit bloated from the front. This facelift bumper makes the car look a bit more lean. I also like the slightly revised headlights, they look a bit more aggressive.

The refreshed tail lights and the added exterior chrome makes the car look wider and longer, which I have no problem with.

Interior is a big improvement. For those of you that complained about the current ES interior, Lexus listened and added quite a bit more wood. Not only that, if you look carefully you can see added bits of subtle chrome trim on the steering wheel, above the glovebox, and throughout the center console and center dash. The added woods and bits of chrome make the interior definitely look better and more expensive.

Shame that green 80's lighting on the center console still remains. Time to update to the blue color at the very least.
I think it's actually the same. The non-flatness is just subtle. If you compare the leak pic to the below pic, they look more similiar.

Old 09-17-09, 06:22 PM
LexFather

Buick targets ES
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...ets-lexus.html
Old 09-17-09, 06:22 PM
LexFather

xus Division announces product enhancements and price repositioning for the 2010 ES 350. Pricing will be announced to the public on Friday, September 18, 2009.

2010 LEXUS ES 350 CHANGES

Lexus is pleased to announce the new and improved 2010 LEXUS ES 350. The ES 350 receives revised exterior styling, new luxury amenities, and a host of new standard features. A lot has changed on the 2010 ES, but nothing is more significant than its new strong price position that supports core model sales. 2010 will add many standard class-up features with only a slight increase to base MSRP. As a result, a typically equipped 2010 ES is ~$860 lower than 2009. With such great value pricing, the new ES will remain competitive in a challenging luxury market.

Modern Styling

2010 exterior enhancements include revised headlamps, new grille, new front bumper with revised lower intake and integrated fog lamps. Side mirrors now feature integrated turn signals, and the tail lamps are redesigned. A new 17" alloy wheel design and new body side molding with chrome finish adds a touch of refined elegance to this refreshed sedan.

The ES will adopt four new exterior colors: Truffle Mica (replaces Amber Pearl), Peridot Mica (replaces Aquamarine Pearl), Satin Cashmere Metallic (replaces Golden Almond Metallic), and Cerulean Blue Mica (added). Moon Shell Mica will be discontinued for 2010.

Class-Up Interior Appointments

The new ES 350 will now include standard leather-trimmed seating in a choice of three colors: Parchment (replaces Cashmere), Light Gray, and Black. Also standard is the Lexus Memory System (with Key Fob activation) which controls and stores settings for the driver’s seat, outside mirrors, and steering wheel (previously in 2009 Premium Package). Rain-sensing wipers (previously in 2009 Premium Plus Package) are now standard.

Additional accents of wood and chrome trim are placed throughout the cabin giving it a more luxurious feel. A redesigned center console lid and compartment offers easy access and more storage space. The ES receives two new wood trim choices: Brown Walnut (replaces Medium Brown Walnut) with Parchment interior and new Espresso Bird’s-eye Maple with Light Gray or Black interior.

Upgraded Technology

2010 ES 350 standard Lexus premium audio system is updated to include XM Satellite Radio (with complimentary 90-day subscription), Bluetooth, and a USB port.

The available navigation system will feature a screen powered by LED lights for a slightly higher resolution along with a revised layout and menu structure. The navigation system features Voice Command casual language voice recognition, Bluetooth phonebook download and Lexus Enform (with complimentary one-year trial subscription). Lexus Enform with eDestination and Destination Assist provides en-route guidance through the vehicle’s navigation system, including a 24/7 response center and online route planning via LexusDrivers.com. XM NavWeather, Sports and Stocks (with complimentary 90-day trial subscription) are also new to the navigation system.

Safety

Safety Connect, new for 2010, is our on-board safety and security service. Embedded cellular technology and GPS help connect drivers to the 24/7 response center in case of a collision, breakdown, or other emergency on the road. And, newly standard rear side airbags bring the total number of airbags to a class-leading 10, same as the all-new HS 250h.

Value Pricing

In summary, the new ES has a lot to offer with over $3,000 in additional standard spec!!! And, MSRP will increase by only $330 to $34,800 (an over $2,670 value improvement). Now, that’s a great value message that your sales consultants can convey to both returning and conquest customers. The tremendous base price advantage carries over to a typically equipped ES with average transaction price decreasing by $860 from the outgoing 2009.
LVP discount is discontinued for 2010 Ultra Luxury (UL) Package. However, an enhanced UL Package will feature double contrast stitching to the Perforated Semi-Aniline Leather Seats and a new Black/Saddle interior color combination option for 2010. To top it off, a new 10-Spoke 17" wheel design with a Liquid Graphite Finish (including Full Size Spare Tire) will add a distinctive touch. With the additional content for 2010, UL Package pricing offers a great value to your customers that demand the best luxury features.

With over $3,000 of additional std. equipment, base price increases by only 0.9%.

While typically equipped price is reduced 2.3%

Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™ Telematics Available on 2010 ES

Lexus’ New On-Board Communication System – An Extensive Advanced Technology Offering The 2010 ES will offer both Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™, standard on NAV vehicles, and Safety Connect as a stand-alone, standard on non-NAV vehicles. Both services will be available by subscription. One-year complimentary trial subscriptions will be available with every new appropriately equipped 2010 ES vehicle purchase.
Old 09-17-09, 08:42 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

sounds good! cant wait to see the contrast stitching on the semi analine.
Old 09-17-09, 09:49 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

ohhhhhh....black/saddle interior! yummy!!
Old 09-18-09, 09:07 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Good stuff, price barely changed, standard features have increased.
Old 09-19-09, 03:53 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Anyone know when the 2010 is coming out?

With pricing, changes and more pictures available it shouldn't be to long.
Old 09-19-09, 04:11 PM
gnm313
Driver

What are the switches on the side of the passenger seat?
Old 09-19-09, 04:29 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

I dont think the will be available in the US but they are to move the passenger seat (forward and backward) and also the back of it. This is so the driver and position the seat without (impossibly) reaching over to touch the controls. This is standard on the LS460

Quick Reply: 2010 es