ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Decided to trade in my Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-09, 04:38 PM
AmberPearl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Decided to trade in my Lexus

Have had Amberpearl for 2 1/2 years and it has been a good vehicle. Been looking for something larger due to an invalid mother in law and drove a Buick Enclave. I have to admit the Buick rides better (it is heavier) and is quieter than my Lexus. I was surprised - mileage isn't as good and not quite as many features. Tried to get a decent trade in but most won't give me any more than the wholesale price (even Lexus). I tried the RX but it is just too much money and doesn't have the space of the Buick nor is as quiet. At least in our zip code the Lexus ES-350 has not held up in resale value- but maybe everyone is scared of the economy.
Old 05-05-09, 06:26 PM
AlexusES50
Driver

I would like to shake mine off as well after 1-1/2 years and can't due to resale value, so much for Lexus being a leader is retaining the value. If i could get rid of it i would get into Acura MDX 7 seater lots of room and decent power, but i guess i will ride out another 2-1/2 years in it, as i am not about to loose all the down payment i put down...good luck with your future purchase...
Old 05-06-09, 08:58 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Lexus has sold a lot of ES350's (well over 200K) so there are a lot of them coming in off of leases as well as trade-ins, which is no doubt hurting the resale values on them.

I haven't checked resale values around here but it's probably the same as other areas.
Old 05-06-09, 11:44 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If I can get a six month extension on my lease, I will evalute / buy the new Buick Lacrosse - the new ES350 knock off!
Old 05-06-09, 12:53 PM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 139 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by garsarno
If I can get a six month extension on my lease, I will evalute / buy the new Buick Lacrosse - the new ES350 knock off!
I saw the new LaCrosse at the Chicago Auto Show in Feb. Very nice both inside and out. I was just walking past the Buick display and it caught my eye and caused me to stop and check it out closely. I'd consider one too.
Old 05-07-09, 08:39 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Can they have cloned the ES350 any more? It's amazing.
Old 05-07-09, 10:05 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Check out the 2009 Maxima. It's a LOT of car for the money-- similar in terms of utility and styling to our car, except much more fun to drive. They are running aggressive incentives right now (which naturally will flood the market, if exclusivity is a concern) and I'm thinking about getting into one when my 2007 ES lease expires in July.
Old 05-07-09, 03:09 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

It's a buyers market, not a sellers try and private part the car otherwise dealers don't care.

My fathers ES350 lease was extended 6 months, he can cancel at anytime during the 6 months
Old 05-07-09, 06:57 PM
jkayca
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by PaJaHa1
Check out the 2009 Maxima. It's a LOT of car for the money-- similar in terms of utility and styling to our car, except much more fun to drive. They are running aggressive incentives right now (which naturally will flood the market, if exclusivity is a concern) and I'm thinking about getting into one when my 2007 ES lease expires in July.
I thought of buying the 09 max instead of my ES350 (I had an 01 Max before). The seventh gen is a really nice car but its the first model year. Traditionally firsts come with a higher percentage of problems and defects.
Old 05-08-09, 10:35 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jkayca
I thought of buying the 09 max instead of my ES350 (I had an 01 Max before). The seventh gen is a really nice car but its the first model year. Traditionally firsts come with a higher percentage of problems and defects.
That is good thinking. I got the ES in 2007 not long after it came out but was fortunate to avoid the tranny problems that plagued a lot of the builds. Aside from a few rattles, it's been great. I do miss a more engaging driving experience, but the grass is always greener on the other side I suppose. Unless you have multiple vehicles
Old 05-09-09, 01:02 AM
LexPaul
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The LaCrosse still does not have the build quality of any Lexus. While strides have been made by GM, you can tell the difference right away between the ES and LaCrosse. The materials are still cheap, fit and finish not up to Lexus standards or even Acura/Inifinti (both good cars by the way) I realize we need to help our American car companies, but when you spend a good amount of money you need to get the most out of your dollars.

Sorry your experience was not very good with your Lexus. The look of the LaCrosse is ok, but I would go for a M35, if I opted outed of the ES. The ES rules IMO.....
Old 05-09-09, 07:30 PM
StlGasMan
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are they offering on trade in?
Old 05-09-09, 09:30 PM
LexFather

I am a big fan of the Buick Enclave, GM really did a great job with this SUV.
Old 05-10-09, 12:13 PM
AmberPearl
Driver School Candidate

Default Lexus trade in

I have been to two Buick Enclave dealers here in central Florida and each wants to wholesale my Lexus. They offered me $23000 for a fully equipped 2007, no accidents, one owner, very clean, not dings or scratcheswith all options except the Ultra luxury package. That is on a trade in where edmunds and kbb says the trade in is 25800. So far I haven't taken any deal yet so I went to the Lexus dealer and he told me $23000 on a trade in towards a leftover or new RX-350. I just gave up and will keep trying or sell it myself. So much for your investment retaining value.....
Old 05-10-09, 04:44 PM
C. McHale
Rookie

You might be set on an SUV or crossover due to your situation, but I'll still offer up this friendly advice:

Stick with Lexus. Look at an LS430. Best deal on wheels right now.

Bigger than the ES (lots of room in the rear seats), more comfortable, higher quality, smoother, and quieter. If you're talking fit and finish, it also totally blows any Buick product out of the water. There's literally no comparison.

Factor in that you can get an LS430 for well under $30,000 now (depending on the dealer, some are priced at $25k even) and what's not to like?

Quick Reply: Decided to trade in my Lexus