ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Lowering ES350 info for you.

Old 07-30-08, 02:04 PM
bchi99
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey guys, moky, thanks for the info man, you've been a great help. I actually got the megans for the camry 07+. i'll let you know wussup when i get em installed. wish me luck!
Old 07-30-08, 02:15 PM
moky
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good luck bchi99!
i was waiting for you to post up.
Old 08-01-08, 09:32 AM
kboyj
Driver School Candidate

I have found that most of you dont compensate for the difference in weight between the two cars. Also, I have mentioned numerous times how I shaved the top perch on the first set of springs to make them fit the ES. The other factor would be the ride quality which will be different but only to those who are not used to performance springs. Check the number of coils from the factory and compare them to the performance springs and you will see why they will feel like they do. Shocks eventually will need to be replaced for I have found that the stress and higher recoil added to the factory shocks deteriorates the stock ones. Simple answer to this would be some adjustables that can be set to your specific driving needs. Overall, there are some benefits and some regrets that can be found in changing the performance of your car, so good luck to you all and please keep sharing info for others.
Old 02-03-09, 10:46 AM
Druha
Pole Position

hey Moky,

I plan on getting an eibach prokit soon.
I saw a good deal on 19x8.5 +45 wheels, with 235/35/19 tires, would probably sell those tires and slap on some 225/40/19s?

Would that fit ok? I know the recommended would be a +35 on the wheels. I could always get a 10mm spacer? (never had any experience with spacers before)

*edit..I saw the wheels on tirerack. and i guess they should fit fine

Last edited by Druha; 02-03-09 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-03-09, 12:57 PM
moky
Driver

yeah they should fit fine. if you can find 235/40/19 they will be better but they might be pricier.
Old 02-03-09, 03:31 PM
Druha
Pole Position

k thanks for the quick response. as long as I keep this car I am definitely going ahead with it.
Old 02-03-09, 05:52 PM
moky
Driver

you might want to consider other springs too. i know tein is just about to come out with their s-tech springs, or so i've heard. i know the from teins are about to come out too.
Old 02-03-09, 06:38 PM
Druha
Pole Position

Originally Posted by moky
you might want to consider other springs too. i know tein is just about to come out with their s-tech springs, or so i've heard. i know the from teins are about to come out too.
1.5" is probably the most I would do. I want to avoid serious camber issues, and since I'm not upgrading shocks and still have Toronto, Canada winters anything lower and I would have just gotten coilovers. would you recommend the H&R over the eibachs for my situation? The even drop sounds better to me
Old 02-03-09, 09:55 PM
moky
Driver

i would definitely do the H&R over the eibach. the ride might be a bit stiffer, but, at least you get a better drop with it. i agree with you on the canada winters. i'm here on the west cost in Vancouver and when it snows my car is just parked inside the garage. that's also due to my car being 4" off the ground
Old 02-04-09, 07:28 AM
Druha
Pole Position

So I shouldn't run into any issues until my stock shocks wear out in the future right? any idea how long they usually last?

by then they should have (if they dont already) have shocks like
+ Factory Replacement (sealed strut)
+ KYB GR-2 (sealed strut)
+ Tokico HP (Tokico Blue) (sealed strut)

to replace them with.

I'm a little worried about fitment of the H&R cuz my winter tires are a little bigger than stock overall diameter (got good deal on used)

will measure today.
Old 02-04-09, 10:24 AM
moky
Driver

you should be fine. i only used my eibach springs on my stock struts for about 6 months though as i switched to coilovers for a bigger drop.

i believe kyb already has a replacement for the camry so it should fit fine with the ES as well.

even if your overall diameter is bigger than the stock ones you should still be fine on the H&R because after installing them you will have about 2-3 finger gaps, depending on the size of your fingers lol
Old 02-05-09, 06:54 PM
Druha
Pole Position

I ended up buying eibach pro-kit, for my goals it should be perfect. I know "H&R's are better," but they would have been an extra $100 for me and i'm not sure if i would like the more harsh ride, would probably wear out shocks faster too. I'm not trying to turn this car into a 5-series, although that would be nice

Last edited by Druha; 02-05-09 at 06:59 PM.
Old 02-05-09, 09:14 PM
moky
Driver

lol no worries, the eibach springs are still an excellent choice in lowering and it doesn't change the ride softness that much.

i myself am only 25 so im not too worried about the ride quality, hence the coilovers in the camry.

btw, if you are gong 19x8.5", it might be worth your time to look for tires that are 235/40/19 or 245/35/19. they will give the best comfort level and be still the same overall diameter (or at least close to). do post pics of your rims and lowering! it would be great for the es350 community.

just for referrence, here's how my camry sits now.
Old 02-06-09, 05:30 AM
Druha
Pole Position

lol i'm the same age as you. I plan on getting a weekend track car in the medium-future instead of trying to make this car "ride on rails"...damnnnn ur car is slammed lol. looks awesome.

I am going to try to find used tires, but 235/40/19 is what I would get..honestly not going to do anything unless I find a really good deal. the reason I'm thinking 19s is because I saw BBS RS-GTs for 1800 with 235/35/19s ( i know those diameter 20cm smaller than stock) tire rack sells those wheels for 1100 each brand new

I already have a set of used IS300 wheels which the OEM tires are mounted on ATM for summer, gonna wait until those tires are bald. if this BBS deal fall through

I should get springs by monday, I have no mechanical experience and tools so I'm gonna get them installed properly

Last edited by Druha; 02-06-09 at 05:34 AM.
Old 02-06-09, 08:41 AM
moky
Driver

nice! that's a pretty good deal on the bbs wheels and tires!
good luck dude!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Lowering ES350 info for you.