ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350
Old 12-15-14, 04:42 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

Friend's 2007 Lexus ES350 passenger window fell out.

Old 07-24-09, 04:06 PM
BMT22033
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sorry to say this happened a couple of hours ago to my 07 ES350 UL. Except that it was the driver's side window. Oh, and my windows have never been tinted. Heading off to the dealer in a few minutes. :-(
Old 08-19-10, 09:12 AM
NTXES350
Driver School Candidate

If more people come forward we may discover a pattern. I had the windows come off track to my 2007 ES350 twice. The driver side window (tinted) got off track within the first year. The window shattered when they attempted to inspect it. It happened to the passenger side about one month ago, still under warranty. If your window makes loud noises when openning and closing, you should take it in. That is the precursor to it fully coming off track.
Old 08-20-10, 07:31 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NTXES350
If more people come forward we may discover a pattern. I had the windows come off track to my 2007 ES350 twice. The driver side window (tinted) got off track within the first year. The window shattered when they attempted to inspect it. It happened to the passenger side about one month ago, still under warranty. If your window makes loud noises when openning and closing, you should take it in. That is the precursor to it fully coming off track.
You are correct. It is a very, very common problem. I work for Lexus and I see these come in almost on a daily basis. Our parts department keeps 8 of these things in stock and we're ordering new ones every day. Our year to date sales on the right front door glass is 89, and we're a small dealer. Its funny because our YTD on the drivers side is only 12. Weird. Keep in mind, just because it doesn't happen to your own personal car, doesn't mean it's not an issue, it is,.........you've just been lucky.
Old 08-20-10, 07:59 AM
LexBob2
Lexus Champion

Received 137 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by IS350jet
You are correct. It is a very, very common problem. I work for Lexus and I see these come in almost on a daily basis. Our parts department keeps 8 of these things in stock and we're ordering new ones every day. Our year to date sales on the right front door glass is 89, and we're a small dealer. Its funny because our YTD on the drivers side is only 12. Weird. Keep in mind, just because it doesn't happen to your own personal car, doesn't mean it's not an issue, it is,.........you've just been lucky.
Is there a TSIB for this problem?
Old 08-20-10, 09:02 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexBob2
Is there a TSIB for this problem?
Yes. below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
L-SB-0003-09.pdf (111.0 KB, 2521 views)
Old 08-25-10, 07:08 PM
overclock
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I pulled my door panels off myself when I changed out the speakers in the doors a couple of months ago. It ain't that hard. I could pull one off in 5 minutes after taking mine off.

My concern would be that the tint might not match the rest of the car. Have your friend look for that and if it ain't right then have them retint the entire car.
Old 09-02-10, 04:00 PM
beagle77
Driver School Candidate

About a year ago it happened on the drivers side of my 07 and the car is in the shop right now to get the passenger side window repaired. They also are replacing the water pump under warranty, not sure why but they said it was making a noise. I had them check the back windows but they say those look fine. Oh and the windows have never been tinted and they are not rolled down much as I live in New Hampshire and they stay up all winter
Old 09-14-10, 07:58 PM
pestleman0
Driver

My passenger side window popped loudly and the window is about to fall out. Has anyone been successful in having the dealer cover the cost of re tinting? I am so over this car.
Old 09-24-10, 07:21 AM
pestleman0
Driver

Originally Posted by pestleman0
My passenger side window popped loudly and the window is about to fall out. Has anyone been successful in having the dealer cover the cost of re tinting? I am so over this car.
Lexus offered to give me 125% in service money or 100% reimbursement of re tinting. I will choose the re tinting. I didn't even have to fight for it. It's about time.
Old 09-24-10, 08:25 PM
overclock
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went to get in my hot car and rolled down the front windows. I went to roll them up as I was turning and just happened to look out the passenger side window when lo and behold I saw the window coming off track. I prayed as it rolled up and everything was fine. I haven't rolled it down since.
Old 09-25-10, 06:46 AM
pestleman0
Driver

Originally Posted by overclock
I went to get in my hot car and rolled down the front windows. I went to roll them up as I was turning and just happened to look out the passenger side window when lo and behold I saw the window coming off track. I prayed as it rolled up and everything was fine. I haven't rolled it down since.
Visit to the dealer is in order. I would replace the driver side as well.
Old 10-12-10, 08:43 AM
ifli43
Driver School Candidate

Angry ES 350 window winder failures

Hi All

My wife has a 2006 ES350 and we have just had the 3rd (THIRD) front window failure. This is the second on the driver side and I have owned 3 Lexus before and had window tint on every one with no issues so I think that is a red herring. The problem as described to me is that the carrier that holds the glass to the winder carriage cracks and eventually brakes. The first 2 failures still allowed me to move the window up and close it normally. This one however was as described with the glass coming out of the track. I am not sure how many failures have been reported to Lexus or how many they replace under warantee but there was no wait to have them replaced as the windows were all in stock. Disappointed with this in an otherwise very good vehicle.
Old 10-12-10, 08:47 AM
ifli43
Driver School Candidate

Default ES 350 widow issues

Originally Posted by overclock
Just read this and as I live in FL wonder if indeed heat may be an issue.
Old 10-20-10, 03:27 AM
garsarno
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Been reading this and low and behold, driving on Indiana interstate highway yesterday morning, my boss lowered his front passenger side window to toss out a piece of fuzz and the window went back up off it's track and the top of the glass was hanging outside the door somewhat. We got off the next exit and fitted the glass back into pace. There was a cut off on the glass in the lower right side of the pane. I have the windows in lock mode until I return home to PA on Friday. Have the Platinum Warranty on my '07 and will print the TSIB for the service appointment. WOW - who would have thought this would happen after just reading about it.
Old 10-20-10, 08:07 AM
pestleman0
Driver

Originally Posted by garsarno
Been reading this and low and behold, driving on Indiana interstate highway yesterday morning, my boss lowered his front passenger side window to toss out a piece of fuzz and the window went back up off it's track and the top of the glass was hanging outside the door somewhat. We got off the next exit and fitted the glass back into pace. There was a cut off on the glass in the lower right side of the pane. I have the windows in lock mode until I return home to PA on Friday. Have the Platinum Warranty on my '07 and will print the TSIB for the service appointment. WOW - who would have thought this would happen after just reading about it.
Have them do the driver side as well. I believe it was nearly $950 when I signed the warranty paperwork. Ouch. My warranty expires in 5,000 miles.

Last edited by pestleman0; 10-20-10 at 08:14 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Friend's 2007 Lexus ES350 passenger window fell out.