ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

Just purchased a 2008 ES350 and I can't wait for it to arrive

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-07, 06:36 PM
harrington
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just purchased a 2008 ES350 and I can't wait for it to arrive

Should arrive the third week of September.
Old 08-28-07, 05:03 AM
ripper16
Driver School Candidate

harrington,

Congratulations on your purchase.

What color did you choose?
Old 08-28-07, 07:36 AM
harrington
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ripper16
harrington,

Congratulations on your purchase.

What color did you choose?
Black with the tan interior.
Old 08-28-07, 12:40 PM
ZeeD
Driver School Candidate

I myself have purchased a 2008 ES350 Ultra-Luxury with the Dark Grey Mica exterior and beige interior.

I am soo excited about it! The car already arrived from japan on the ships and it is right now at the customs dock, hopefully hopefully i will have the car within the next 2 days and not have to wait till next week to receive it.

Sooo excited!
Old 08-28-07, 05:48 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Sold on ES... then saw the GS

Originally Posted by ZeeD
I myself have purchased a 2008 ES350 Ultra-Luxury with the Dark Grey Mica exterior and beige interior.

I am soo excited about it! The car already arrived from japan on the ships and it is right now at the customs dock, hopefully hopefully i will have the car within the next 2 days and not have to wait till next week to receive it.

Sooo excited!
Just a general ES question, I had my eyes on the ES350 when it first came out, but after seeing it too much, the look just sort of wore off on me. I had a question with buying decision and given that you can afford both the ES350 and GS350 (or AWD), with the MSRP being just about a hair below $9000 more for the GS, what about the ES made you choose the ES?

My situation is that we can very comfortably purchase the ES, comfrotably purchase the GS, but not afford the LS... ha ha. So I'm leaning towards the GS, but just wanted to know other's reasoning for getting ES.
Old 08-28-07, 10:29 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The GS is obviously geared toward a more aggressive driving style. Unless you spec the AWD, the ES is a much better car in the winter climates. Also, better fuel MPG, lower insurance rates, and more comfortable ride. I should also add that the ES will hold its value better.
Old 08-29-07, 02:48 AM
ZeeD
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Just a general ES question, I had my eyes on the ES350 when it first came out, but after seeing it too much, the look just sort of wore off on me. I had a question with buying decision and given that you can afford both the ES350 and GS350 (or AWD), with the MSRP being just about a hair below $9000 more for the GS, what about the ES made you choose the ES?

My situation is that we can very comfortably purchase the ES, comfrotably purchase the GS, but not afford the LS... ha ha. So I'm leaning towards the GS, but just wanted to know other's reasoning for getting ES.
For me really the choice was easy, i did not find the GS to be appealing at all, the interior is not as luxurious as the ES, not as practical as the ES and the rear as well as front spaces is too tight for me. The driving position as well was not very comfortable as i test drove both cars and found the ES to be my choice, i am 6'1 feet, so for me in the GS there would be virtually no space for the rear passenger but with the ES, there is plenty to go around.
I also found the ES to have a more luxurious stance than the GS which had a more sport oriented stance, lets not forget the panoramic roof on the ES which gives it a very classy look.

True the ES in the lexus line-up is not ranked higher than the GS, but who cares about what lexus rates the GS over the ES as long as you are comfortable with it, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

For those who mention handling on a rear wheel drive is better than FWD, i dont know about you guys, but i dont drive like a lunatic on turns or curves, i drive a car with respect, so wether it was FWD or RWD does not matter as i am not going to be driving it through cones or going from 0-100 only to brake back to 0 again; which is basically what MOST if not ALL car reviews base their review on a car. They keep on saying the ES is NOT a sports car but a classy affordable luxury car.

When i test drove the GS, the car cabin was just so compact unlike the ES which was spacious. I also love how people sometimes mistake the ES from a far as an LS, which is only better reason to consider it.

If you want to know anything more specific, ill be more than happy to answer.
Old 08-29-07, 04:27 AM
AccElan01
Rookie

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja

My situation was the same. My first instinct was to get the GS since it is considered an upgrade over the ES. I wanted luxury over sportiness, so I chose the ES. I like the interior a lot more, and thought it fit my needs and personality more. I was still apprehensive because I thought the GS was probably "better", but I really liked the ES and after driving it for a month and a half I wound't want any other car. I'm sure in a few years I'll want something else more but I am really content right now.
Old 08-29-07, 05:23 AM
ripper16
Driver School Candidate

I intended to buy the GS.

The salesman talked me out of it. He thought the ES was a better match for me. It even has more trunk space than the GS.

Last edited by ripper16; 08-29-07 at 05:26 AM.
Old 08-29-07, 10:18 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

My 2007 ES has more trunk room than my brother's 2007 LS460L !!!
Old 08-31-07, 07:49 AM
harrington
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 350Dave
The GS is obviously geared toward a more aggressive driving style. Unless you spec the AWD, the ES is a much better car in the winter climates. Also, better fuel MPG, lower insurance rates, and more comfortable ride. I should also add that the ES will hold its value better.
Couldn't have said it any better.
Old 08-31-07, 04:37 PM
bigL
Pole Position

Apples to oranges.They are very different cars.I bet the guys on the GS forums would say otherwise.They are different cars geared toward different drivers.
Old 08-31-07, 07:18 PM
LexFather

Congrats!!
Old 09-02-07, 10:10 PM
mrtrance
Driver

Originally Posted by harrington
Should arrive the third week of September.
What kind of pricing did you get? What was your MSRP? I helped my dad get a 2008 ES350 with Premium Plus/NAV/other options for $37,500. MSRP was $42,421.

Last edited by mrtrance; 09-02-07 at 10:55 PM.
Old 09-09-07, 07:22 PM
687Jim
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2008 ES Monday!

Am getting mine tomorrow morning. Moon Shell Mica, Sat radio, Marc Levinson, etc.

Quick Reply: Just purchased a 2008 ES350 and I can't wait for it to arrive