Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > ES Models > ES350 (2007 - 2012)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

HomeLink Problem Solved

Old 05-29-07, 05:10 PM   #1
Neal73
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Talking HomeLink Problem Solved

I have a Genie Excelerator (Model ISD995) installed and is programmed to operate from Wireless Keypad, a Genie Remote control and the HomeLink in my auto. All has been working well since it was installed 12/2003. This is a "rolling code" version.

Saturday I traded my '02 Caddy for '07 Lexus ES350 that also has the HomeLink. I was unable to program the new car HomeLink. When going through the setup procedure, the HomeLink switch "acted" as though it received the programming from a remote, but the Radio Signal Indicator would not respond to the HomeLink transmissions........it just continued to "blink", and finally time out. I tried to program this many times.....probably 15 times, with the same result.

The Remote Units and the KeyLess Pad will operate my Genie without problem.

In order to determine if the HomeLink in the new car was on the "Fritz", I attempted to program the HomeLink for my daughters garage-door opener. I used the same procedure, and it responded. No problems.....HomeLink switch #3 will successfully open my daughters garage door. She also has a "rolling" code.

FYI - I tried programming all three switches in the new HomeLink at my residence. None would respond. The fact that Switch #3 successfully took the programming of my daughters garagedoor opener lead me to believe that the HomeLink device was probably working ok.

I have used both the Standard size Genie Remote Control and the Series II Mini Transmitter to program the HomeLink.

So..........I visited with my Lexus Dealer and he suggested calling the HomeLink Help Line at 800-355-3515, which I did. In relatively short time, after a 15 minute wait, the Help Desk person suggested I try one of the "other" buttons on the Series II Mini Transmitter. It has three.........one large and two smaller buttons. I had been using the "large" to program the HomeLink buttons. When I repeated the procedure (that I have done 20 times by now), but using the "small" button, it WORKED ! !

The Help Guy indicated that there was some sort of a coding difference between the "large" and "small" button. I was so pleased with the result, I sorta lost interest in the detail.

If you have problems,try all the "buttons"............still won't work, call the Help Desk. The Help Desk person was very nice.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
Neal73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 10:13 PM   #2
jeffofla
Pole Position

What a great first post!!! Welcome to Club Lexus.
Old 05-30-07, 08:21 AM   #3
Neal73
Driver School Candidate

Geee....Thanx.
2007 ES350 Smokey Granite Mica / Gray Interior - me too (No UL)
Neal73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-07, 09:38 PM   #4
Capirato
Lexus Champion

Send a message via AIM to Capirato

I had a similar problem where I couldn't program my Home Link.

Solution was, to clear the memory by pressing the one and three button at the same time and wait for a steady blink.

~ Cap
'06 MINI S | Pepper White
Capirato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-07, 01:53 PM   #5
josephlee
Driver

it might be a stupid question. But the homelink thing only works with digital motors rite?
04 ES330 Mystic Gold Metallic/Ivory/Premium Package (Previous)
00 Acura 1.6 EL/Black/Black cloth (Previous)
josephlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-10, 03:28 PM   #6
SPENCEMW24
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks so much Neal73

Wow! Thanks so much Neal73 for your post! My husband and I had tried and tried for several hours. I then searched the Web and found your post and we said "Well, why not. We'll try the other button on the remote and see what happens". Wow it worked INSTANTLY and on the 1st try using one of the smaller buttons on the remote! Thank you so much for your very informative message. We just purchased a 2007 RX-350 and could not get the garage door opener programmed. We had a 2001 RX-300 and the programming was very simply on it. Thanks so much. Really appreciate it!
SPENCEMW24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 06:30 PM   #7
Timitdir
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks so much!

Neil, Incredible. After a few hours of going crazy, knowing I was following all the right steps I ran across your post and within 5 minutes I was programmed and homelink was working!!! Now I can sleep tonight!!
Timitdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 07:13 PM   #8
JRey350hou
Pole Position

tim...are you a new Lexus owner
JRey350hou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-10, 07:13 PM

Tags
450, excelerator, excellerator, genie, homelink, is250, isd995, lexus, open, problems, program, programming, sc430, wont, working