Search this Thread

Old 05-05-07, 10:52 AM
sultanaa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Guide TO Disable (VSC) ES350 by ...Sultanaa

INTRODUCTION
This the way to disable Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) on LEXUS ES350
so you can drift and hear the tire sound !!!

WARNING: By disable Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), you risk voiding your warranty or permanently damaging your equipment. As such, it is YOUR responsibility to perform this modification in such a way that you are able to validate these instructions are both applicable for your ES-350 and will meet your needs. YOU and you alone are responsible for any damage done to your car using this guide. Although I have personally performed this modification to my ES-350, your ES-350 may differ from mine and these instructions may not apply to your vehicle

By performing this modification
You will see a light that sid that you have to check your (VSC) it turn off when you return the Fuse ..... The (ABS) and (VSC) will turn off SO!!!! DO NOT GO TO SPEED ABOVE 120 KM/H !!! BECAUSE THE ABS IS OFF SO THE BREAK IS NOT VERY GOOD!!!

This modification
This modification not permanent so when you finish return it back !!

WHAT YOU NEED / PARTS REQUIRED
1.Your hand....
2.A Pincer ...

STEP 1:
Open The front HOOD

http://sultanaa.com/1/2.jpg

STEP 2: The References dose not show all nails
Remove Catcher Nails (I do not know what it called) THE FRONT SIDE ONLY BECAUSE THE BACK IS BASE ON THE FRONT ONE ......

by push the center of the Catcher Nails...

STEP 3: The References dose not show all nails
Remove the back side NOW be sure that you remove the circle signal...

STEP 4:
GO AND FIND ( RELAY & FUSE ) in the right side....
http://sultanaa.com/1/6.jpg

Push up the front of the cover to open it up...

STEP 5:
Remove the TWO FUSE shown in the image ( BE SURE THAT THE TWO IS THE RIGHT FUSE MAYBE IT IS DIFFERENT IN OTHER COUNTRIES BY SEEING THE BACK MAP OF THE COVER WE OPEN AND CHECK THE (VSC) FUSE)

BE SO CAREFUL WHEN YOU REMOVE THE FUSE ....
http://sultanaa.com/1/9.jpg
http://sultanaa.com/1/10.jpg
http://sultanaa.com/1/11.jpg

STEP 6:
Close the cover of FUSE and close the hood ( it up to if you want to put the Catcher Nails again it is so Cumbersome so let the Catcher Nails when you finish return it back)
NOW when you turn on the car and shift to (D) Tis light will display...

Do not worry it is normal ...

STEP 7:
GO AND HEAR THE SOUND!!!!!
This is a video sample...
http://sultanaa.com/1/20070504.3gp

STEP 8:
When you finish RETURN the FUSE to it place and the nails by push it up from down ..

STEP 9:
After every thing is back start the can on shift to (D) The light will turn off after you move 5 second ...
video sample...
http://sultanaa.com/1/20070504(001).3gp

Congratulations.

sultanaa.....
Old 05-05-07, 05:48 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sultanaa
INTRODUCTION
This the way to disable Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) on LEXUS ES350
so you can drift and hear the tire sound !!!

WARNING: By disable Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), you risk voiding your warranty or permanently damaging your equipment. As such, it is YOUR responsibility to perform this modification in such a way that you are able to validate these instructions are both applicable for your ES-350 and will meet your needs. YOU and you alone are responsible for any damage done to your car using this guide. Although I have personally performed this modification to my ES-350, your ES-350 may differ from mine and these instructions may not apply to your vehicle

By performing this modification
You will see a light that sid that you have to check your (VSC) it turn off when you return the Fuse ..... The (ABS) and (VSC) will turn off SO!!!! DO NOT GO TO SPEED ABOVE 120 KM/H !!! BECAUSE THE ABS IS OFF SO THE BREAK IS NOT VERY GOOD!!!

This modification
This modification not permanent so when you finish return it back !!

WHAT YOU NEED / PARTS REQUIRED
1.Your hand....
2.A Pincer ...

STEP 1:
Open The front HOOD

STEP 2: The References dose not show all nails
Remove Catcher Nails (I do not know what it called) THE FRONT SIDE ONLY BECAUSE THE BACK IS BASE ON THE FRONT ONE ......

by push the center of the Catcher Nails...

STEP 3: The References dose not show all nails
Remove the back side NOW be sure that you remove the circle signal...

STEP 4:
GO AND FIND ( RELAY & FUSE ) in the right side....

Push up the front of the cover to open it up...

STEP 5:
Remove the TWO FUSE shown in the image ( BE SURE THAT THE TWO IS THE RIGHT FUSE MAYBE IT IS DIFFERENT IN OTHER COUNTRIES BY SEEING THE BACK MAP OF THE COVER WE OPEN AND CHECK THE (VSC) FUSE)

BE SO CAREFUL WHEN YOU REMOVE THE FUSE ....
[/url]

STEP 6:
Close the cover of FUSE and close the hood ( it up to if you want to put the Catcher Nails again it is so Cumbersome so let the Catcher Nails when you finish return it back)
NOW when you turn on the car and shift to (D) Tis light will display...

Do not worry it is normal ...

STEP 7:
GO AND HEAR THE SOUND!!!!!
This is a video sample...
http://sultanaa.com/1/20070504.3gp

STEP 8:
When you finish RETURN the FUSE to it place and the nails by push it up from down ..

STEP 9:
After every thing is back start the can on shift to (D) The light will turn off after you move 5 second ...
video sample...
http://sultanaa.com/1/20070504(001).3gp

Congratulations.

sultanaa.....
Dude - Nice writeup and all but WTF????

Go put all your chit back together, go out and try this.

Transition to the service mode (TRAC and VSC OFF mode)
The TRAC and VSC systems can be turned off by following the procedures below:

When using the parking brake and brake pedal:
1) Check that the Ignition is off and the shift lever position is at P.
2) Start the engine after turning the Ignition to the ON position.
3) Perform the following steps 4 to 8 within 30 seconds after engine start:
4) Turn the parking brake switch on.
5) Depress and release the brake pedal twice.
6) Turn the parking brake switch on and off twice while depressing the brake pedal.
7) Depress and release the brake pedal twice while the parking brake switch is on.
Notice: Steps 6 and 7 should be performed within 15 seconds each.
8) Check that the VSC warning light and slip indicator are turned on.
If they are not turned on, start over from step 1.
9) The brake control system will return to the normal mode by turning the Ignition to the ON position from off
Old 05-06-07, 02:55 AM
sultanaa
Driver School Candidate

Really ????
so what the hell i do
i will try it thanks for the information.....
Old 05-06-07, 04:59 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

Originally Posted by sultanaa
Really ????
so what the hell i do
i will try it thanks for the information.....
Yes sir you can shut off the nanny systems from the driver's seat of the car during startup... Let me know if you have any trouble with the process I provided... It should work but the sequence I copied from another source looks a little different than what I remember doing as I haven't disabled the systems in quite a few months.

In the transmission section of the Factory Service Manual, there is the official process listed to enter "diagnostic mode" which disables TRAC/VSC. I suspect as it has been rewritten to share on these forums and the steps may be a little mixed, let me know if you have trouble and I'll look up the steps in the manual for you.
Old 05-06-07, 06:55 AM
jerfitz
Pole Position

Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) is argueably the second most important safety feature on a car (seatbelts are first) so my question is, what benefit would I get from disabling the VSC? In other words, WHY?
Old 05-06-07, 09:29 AM
sultanaa
Driver School Candidate

This system will work if you are stick in snow and the car will not move because the system does not let the tire drift or move (it think that you are in normal road) or in sands ....etc or if you want to race some cars
Old 05-06-07, 09:39 AM
sultanaa
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by onsknht
Yes sir you can shut off the nanny systems from the driver's seat of the car during startup... Let me know if you have any trouble with the process I provided... It should work but the sequence I copied from another source looks a little different than what I remember doing as I haven't disabled the systems in quite a few months.

In the transmission section of the Factory Service Manual, there is the official process listed to enter "diagnostic mode" which disables TRAC/VSC. I suspect as it has been rewritten to share on these forums and the steps may be a little mixed, let me know if you have trouble and I'll look up the steps in the manual for you.
Thank you for your interest man i will let you know ....
(Wasting time that i made for this Thread i think )
Old 05-06-07, 11:22 AM
osokuko
Pole Position

Hey don’t feel had, I spent a lot of time on the GS forum helping a guy that wanted help with tire sizes and rim info, I did the best I could to help. He return with he knew more about it and answered his own questions then he went on and flamed me good. Why did I spend my time writing and helping these people. Your post is well done and helpful but maybe as time goes on there are other ways to do the same, it happens. Thanks for trying.
Old 05-07-07, 04:00 PM
jerfitz
Pole Position

Interesting. I remember rocking a car back-and-forth in snow to get it unstuck.

Racing is interesting too because I have wondered whether NASCAR or the INDY Cars might start using VSC, that is, if it allows them to take the curves/corners faster.

JerFitz.
Old 05-09-07, 10:24 AM
onsknht
Pole Position

Originally Posted by osokuko
Hey don’t feel had, I spent a lot of time on the GS forum helping a guy that wanted help with tire sizes and rim info, I did the best I could to help. He return with he knew more about it and answered his own questions then he went on and flamed me good. Why did I spend my time writing and helping these people. Your post is well done and helpful but maybe as time goes on there are other ways to do the same, it happens. Thanks for trying.
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful, just pointing out an easier way to skin the cat.

FWIW - on my Honda product, there's a button on the dash... I can push it at anytime to disable/enable the nanny systems.

Originally Posted by jerfitz
Interesting. I remember rocking a car back-and-forth in snow to get it unstuck.

Racing is interesting too because I have wondered whether NASCAR or the INDY Cars might start using VSC, that is, if it allows them to take the curves/corners faster.

JerFitz.
With TRAC and VSC you can get so stuck there is no way to get it out short of pulling it out... In a case where you would rock a car back and forth to get out the TRAC and VSC will not let you do it... The tires slip and then the car shuts down the fuel injectors so you can't even make the tires slip anymore... Sometimes you just need to add a little heat (friction from tire spinning) to get some grip.

The VSC and TRAC system is really a neat feature on a car that is being driven in marginal conditions with other cars on public roads... It will help prevent you from hitting things you normally would not want to hit. It works very well.

However, you'll never find these systems on race cars etc... They do have on F1 cars a sort of a "launch control" that helps put the power down on the start. I haven't kept up recently, but there was a lot of debate as to whether it helped or hindered launches, some teams were doing real bad on the starts when launch control first came out... The reason skid control won't be added is because the system will effectively scrub speed to save the vehicle... Not necessarily the most desireable thing when races are won by 10ths of a second and drifting through corners is actually faster than slowing down.
Old 05-09-07, 11:28 AM
2thfixr
Lexus Test Driver

Isn't there an easier way? Correct me if I am wrong but on my GS, pushing the VSC button temporarily disables the traction control system for an initial launch and then it reactivated by itself. If you hold down the VSC button until a second light turns on, it becomes disabled until you turn it back on. I haven't done any 4 wheel drifts or anything and only experimented with this but it seems to work.
Old 05-09-07, 11:30 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

What kind of dopes are drifting the ES? Go buy an IS350.
Old 05-09-07, 05:06 PM
onsknht
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2thfixr
Isn't there an easier way? Correct me if I am wrong but on my GS, pushing the VSC button temporarily disables the traction control system for an initial launch and then it reactivated by itself. If you hold down the VSC button until a second light turns on, it becomes disabled until you turn it back on. I haven't done any 4 wheel drifts or anything and only experimented with this but it seems to work.
Toyota has two systems... TRAC for traction control and VSC for vehicle skid control. Disabling VSC via the button (have one in my Sequoia) makes it so the car won't take over while cornering or if is skids out of control. Toyota has never allowed the user the ability to disable TRAC (via a button at least) which will allow you to smoke the tires from a stop.

The ES doesn't have a VSC button.

FWIW - I had a difficult time adjusting to Honda's VSA button (vehicle skid assist), I kept thinking all it would do is disable what is known in Toyotaland as VSC... Instead it also disables traction control (TRAC), which doesn't really exist in Honda terms.

Hopefully that made sense?
Old 05-09-07, 05:47 PM
osokuko
Pole Position

Onsknht – I apologize for writing poorly above. I know you’ve never been disrespectful. I just wanted to somehow share my “I got flamed” experience with the guy.

I had a chance to see the VAS and TRAC in action a few weeks ago when my right rear tire got into some water while taking off from the light, yes I punched it not knowing the water was there. The two lights VAS, TRAC were flashing very fast and the car maintained a striate line. It worked!! Glad the system was on.
Old 05-10-07, 06:10 AM
sultanaa
Driver School Candidate

Transition to the service mode (TRAC and VSC OFF mode)
The TRAC and VSC systems can be turned off by following the procedures below:

When using the parking brake and brake pedal:
1) Check that the Ignition is off and the shift lever position is at P.
2) Start the engine after turning the Ignition to the ON position.
3) Perform the following steps 4 to 8 within 30 seconds after engine start:
4) Turn the parking brake switch on.
5) Depress and release the brake pedal twice.
6) Turn the parking brake switch on and off twice while depressing the brake pedal.
7) Depress and release the brake pedal twice while the parking brake switch is on.
Notice: Steps 6 and 7 should be performed within 15 seconds each.
8) Check that the VSC warning light and slip indicator are turned on.
If they are not turned on, start over from step 1.
9) The brake control system will return to the normal mode by turning the Ignition to the ON position from off
however.....
this is the right way to disable VSC so do not use my way only for get more info about the car .....
so have good drift

Quick Reply: Guide TO Disable (VSC) ES350 by ...Sultanaa