ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

HOW TO: Access Cal, Phone, Music Folder Access and Maintenance menus while driving...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-07, 07:26 PM
psp
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phattbam: If you are not inclined to be daring and rip apart your dash and need this mod done and are in No.Cal., PM me and I'll give you the address of the guy who can help you.
Old 05-23-07, 07:35 PM
phattbam
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Peter, I've considered doing it possibly after this weekend since we have Monday off. But PM has been sent. thanks for the offer.
Old 05-26-07, 01:52 PM
Sonartech
Rookie

Originally Posted by phattbam
congrats on the mod. Question for that mod, does it interfere with anything? speed sensor for the nav system?

I clearly described everything this modification affects. Did you read it? See the sections titled "What you gain" and "Disclaimer: What you lose".

SonarTech
Old 05-26-07, 02:33 PM
phattbam
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Sonartech

I clearly described everything this modification affects. Did you read it? See the sections titled "What you gain" and "Disclaimer: What you lose".

SonarTech
yeah.. thanks for making things all clear. I'll have to read it and take notes prior to ripping apart my nav.
Old 06-03-07, 11:29 AM
floydcash
Driver School Candidate

Hi, I recently bought a 2007 ES350 UL and I was wondering if anybody could help my find somebody who could do this mod for me in either the Kansas City or Las Vegas area. I spend time in both areas. I don't trust myself enough to do it but would absolutely love to have it done.
Old 06-09-07, 06:37 AM
sidgriggs
Driver

SONAR TECH
Can you do this for the nav system on the LS460? Better still, If you figure out the steps, how about coming to Dallas an doing it to 4 or 5 LS460s?
Old 06-09-07, 04:04 PM
Sonartech
Rookie

Originally Posted by sidgriggs
SONAR TECH
Can you do this for the nav system on the LS460? Better still, If you figure out the steps, how about coming to Dallas an doing it to 4 or 5 LS460s?
Sure thing - Be right there...

[Hold your breath!]
Old 06-09-07, 05:01 PM
sidgriggs
Driver

I guess you thought I was joking. If you know how to override the LS's new nav system--I'd be more than happy to pay to have mine done. I have been through the instructions you wrote for the ES--is the LS the same?
Old 06-19-07, 02:10 PM
unknown2
Driver

Good job!!

I have couple questions (i don't have ES350 yet, but i'm planning to get one soon)...

1- I remember the sales man was showing me the cool menu for the service reminders... I didn't pay much attention, but, did it remind you after X days or after you've driven X miles or both?? I assume some of the service reminders are related with the miles driven.. So, by perfoming this mood (permanent), how the Nav will know how many miles have you driven?? Is there any other wire(s) for that purpose?? or what??

2- I was reading the GS/IS FAQ.. Is it the same trick for to ground one wire to be able to watch DVDs while driving??

Thanks a lot!
Old 07-29-07, 08:48 PM
jeffsstuff
Driver School Candidate

I complained to Lexus about this and they offered me a $500 service credit. The did however, refuse to admit that they did anything wrong.
Old 08-09-07, 04:18 PM
ES350lexus
Driver School Candidate

Does any one have Air bag problems????
I saw this video form news channel in Florida..

http://cbs4.com/video/?id=38171@wfor.dayport.com
Old 10-19-07, 11:00 AM
unknown2
Driver

Default To enable DVD while in motion...

For those people whith ML and want to enable DVD while in motion, all what they have to do EXACTLY what Sonartech did (post #1) PLUS grounding the E-Brake wire (which is discribed here)...

The E-Brake wire is located in the same connector that have the speed signal... It's a yellow wire Pin#23 (NOT Pin#13 and NOT Pin#25)...

Now, cut that wire... After you cut it, you will have two ends... One end is going to the car, the other end is going to the Display ECU.. Tape off the end that is going to the car, we don't need it... We need to gound the end that is going to the Display ECU... The closest ground wire in located in Pin#10 in the same connector (Black/White wire)... DO NOT CUT the ground wire!! All what you have to do is to "add" the yellow wire (going to the Display ECU) to the ground (Back/White) wire then solder the wires and tape off the yellow wire that is going to the car...

Warning: If you accidentally gound the yellow end that is going to the car, you MIGHT damage your car and you might get the ABS, VSA lights and you MIGHT have to visit your dealer!!

Here is a video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sFywai40qw

Good luck

Last edited by unknown2; 10-23-07 at 12:22 AM.
Old 10-22-07, 12:49 PM
toneman
Lead Lap

unknown2--so are you saying that is all that's needed to enable DVD movies while driving? IOW--just cut and splice the specified wires...no other wires to splice or hidden menu keypresses needed?

Also--assuming that it does work...you might want to add to your instructions (given your warning) that it might be a good idea to disconnect the battery first (can't assume that people will automatically know to do so w/o being told first--LOL!!)...or is the risk still there even w/ the battery disconnected?

Last edited by toneman; 10-22-07 at 12:56 PM.
Old 10-23-07, 12:58 AM
unknown2
Driver

Originally Posted by toneman
unknown2--so are you saying that is all that's needed to enable DVD movies while driving? IOW--just cut and splice the specified wires...no other wires to splice or hidden menu keypresses needed?

Also--assuming that it does work...you might want to add to your instructions (given your warning) that it might be a good idea to disconnect the battery first (can't assume that people will automatically know to do so w/o being told first--LOL!!)...or is the risk still there even w/ the battery disconnected?

Sorry, i have to make it more clear.. In order to enable DVD while in motions, you MUST do what Sonartech did in the first post, PLUS add the steps i made... I hope it's clear by now
Old 10-23-07, 03:02 PM
sf7307
Pole Position

PSP and Phattbam, if you're still around, I'm sending you both a PM regarding the "guy in Daly City" who can do this. Thanks.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Access Cal, Phone, Music Folder Access and Maintenance menus while driving...