ES - 5th Gen (2007-2012) Discussion topics related to 2007+ ES350

HOW TO: Access Cal, Phone, Music Folder Access and Maintenance menus while driving...

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-09, 11:27 AM
Andy3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I assume this mod is also good for the 09 model because I will pick up mine next week.
Old 01-04-10, 09:35 AM
obguy99
Driver School Candidate

Great job Sonartech and Unknown 2,
I am wanting to do this mod on my 2007 Toyota Sequoia Limited with NAV, rear DVD and at the same time add the IPOD module I purchased (plug and play) for this vehicle.
Questions:
1) Anybody have experience with the Sequoia? - ie. differences etc.
2) Anybody in Denver wanting to do this for me for $$?
thanks,
Pete
Old 01-04-10, 05:31 PM
obguy99
Driver School Candidate

Yikes... just looked at the wires on the back of my Sequoias NAV as I installed a TOYPD2 to hook up my IPOD. They don't look similar at all to the ones in the photos from Unknown2. I don't want to give up just yet... I'll have to keep researching this one.
Pete
Old 02-27-10, 09:40 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry for my ingnorance, but can somebody explain to me, with the cutting the wire technic, of how to connect when the sky blue color and the orange color wire are cut. And which part of the wires should i make the connection with a switch.

thank you in advance.

Last edited by Blueshark; 02-27-10 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-02-10, 10:11 AM
jerfitz
Pole Position

Blueshark,

I cannot specifically answer your question but consider this. You may have this modification mixed up with Dryfus' NAV DVD mod that does use a switch.

SonarTech's mod, this one, does NOT use a switch! I followed his instructions and the photos and it was easy. Again, here are his instructions.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2557349-post1.html
Old 03-02-10, 07:57 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

So can you help me out since i'm planning to cut the wires, but have no clue of the connection to be made, a simple picture of what goes where would be nice.

thank you in advance.
Old 03-07-10, 06:44 AM
dreyfus

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Blueshark
So can you help me out since i'm planning to cut the wires, but have no clue of the connection to be made, a simple picture of what goes where would be nice.
If you're installing a switch to enable turning on and off the nanny lockouts then my write up under the sticky NAV hack is what you want to follow. There are pictures there.

The short answer is that only the light blue wire is cut and a switch placed in between the two cut ends to reestablish the circuit when you OEM operation and interrupt the circuit when you want nannyless operation.

If this isn't your plan, then, sorry, I don't know what you mean by cutting wires.
Old 03-16-10, 09:06 PM
jkutti2000
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this looks to be complicated... does any shop do this in Dallas ?
Old 03-17-10, 03:56 PM
jerfitz
Pole Position

jkutti2000,

SonarTech's guide is probably the best and most detailed guide ever published on any of the Lexus forums.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2557349-post1.html

Here is a shortcut hint if you feel that you cannot pull the pins out of the connectors as SonarTech describes. In summary, the mod amounted to connecting the orange wire to the sky blue wire. To do this I had to solder a piece of wire between these two wires and close off (insulate) the two open ends of the other two wires.

If you feel you cannot do it yourself, copy it and ALL the photos so you can give it to a shop so they can do the fix for you.

I fixed my ES350 and then copied SonarTech's guide plus all the photos so I can pass it on with my 2007 ES350 whenever I sell it. I also copied Dreyfus's 10 steps on how to remove the head unit along with his pictures to save and pass on whenever I sell the car. BTW, Dreyfus also did an exceptional job in his guide. I thank both of you!

Last edited by jerfitz; 03-17-10 at 04:29 PM.
Old 03-23-10, 07:52 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

I will need some assistance for doing this mod this week, can somebody willing to advice me with pm or email, thank you and yes i've red the thread put i'm not fulling understand it
Old 04-13-10, 11:32 AM
Dinomon
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will this work even if our ES350 don't have Navigation system but has Bluetooth options.
Thanks!!
Old 04-14-10, 03:53 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by dreyfus
If you're installing a switch to enable turning on and off the nanny lockouts then my write up under the sticky NAV hack is what you want to follow. There are pictures there.

The short answer is that only the light blue wire is cut and a switch placed in between the two cut ends to reestablish the circuit when you OEM operation and interrupt the circuit when you want nannyless operation.

If this isn't your plan, then, sorry, I don't know what you mean by cutting wires.
Thanks for the answer, but i don't want to do the navigation hack, but only to enable the music options while driving. It clearly state on option 3 that a switch can be install, but no instructions on how. That is where i want to get at since that is my intention. I can't see how a switch can be install when the sky blue wire and the orance wire are cut (assuming i'm cutting wires instead of removing pins).

Plus, i want to do this mod because i don't want to affect the navigation at all when the modification is ON so i can have piece of mind.

Last edited by Blueshark; 04-14-10 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04-17-10, 04:59 PM
jkal25
Driver School Candidate

Default 9.1 Upgrade

Related to this - anyone have a good lead on a replacement part? I have a tiny scratch on the air vent piece above the display from taking it out. Strictly cosmetic, but if I can get a replacement and swap it myself... A 2008 ES.

Thanks.

- Joe
Old 04-18-10, 06:26 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

I would paint paint it instead. I did that often on my previous cars and it looks great, simply lightly sand it, primer and 2 coats of paint with an airbrush. Wetsanding make make the end result better.
Old 06-07-10, 07:11 PM
Blueshark
Lead Lap

I have my wire plugs completely out E62 and NAV P2, I have an ES350 with ML from Canada but it looks like the sky color wire is not the same on the canadian version, i do have on the E62 only one blue wire and it is not located on the same position as shown. To point out where it is located, you can refer to the the picture 2-2: my blue wire is under the pin 14 as shown, on top (pin 14 position) is a white wire. I only have 2 rows of 8 pins.

As for the orange wire, i have it exactly as mentionned.

Plus, on the E62 molex, i don't have as much wires as shown and less pins also ?????

Can somebody help me on this, to locate only the sky color wire on the E62

thank you very much

Update: i think i've described the P1 harness, where is exactly the E62 harness ?? with that i can complete the wiring

thank you.

Last edited by Blueshark; 06-07-10 at 07:52 PM.

Quick Reply: HOW TO: Access Cal, Phone, Music Folder Access and Maintenance menus while driving...